Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:52:18 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Do you use the DNA sampler?
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do you use the DNA sampler?  (Read 6388 times)
Mustang
Poster

Dirty sneaky traitor

« on: March 09, 2010, 10:13:19 PM »

I've noticed that since the weapon checker changed to the DNA sampler, I've never once been able to catch a traitor with it. It's just become such a hassle to use; I find it easier to judge who is more likely to be a traitor by their willingness to let me take a sample of them (or I just get my head blown off when I try to take one). I guess this change was made for balance but if it was then it's just tipped the scale in the other direction

Am I alone in thinking a previously useful tool is now pretty much useless?
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 10:59:36 PM »

I never used either.
I love the binoculars though.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Andyp
Poster

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 02:09:20 PM »

It's probably easier to put two and two together. For example you hear a rifle shot from a house, you catch a guy coming out from the other end but he's got a shotty, however just before he left you heard a gun drop inside so you go in and find a rifle nearby with a couple of shots missing. Then you either find a body inside, or perhaps someone outside was shot from this position, depends on the situation.

At this point using the DNA sampler would only be useful at confirming what you already know.

Some would say that the working out above isnt fair, but id say that is a pretty legitimate way of catching someone out and basically makes the DNA sampler almost redundant.

The true Anthem of England: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJNic_XSwBo&feature=related
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 06:07:19 PM »

It should probably still be more streamlined though, that is to say, easier to use.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Mustang
Poster

Dirty sneaky traitor

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 08:10:24 PM »

Andy, you've pretty much elaborated why I personally don't use it. It's just a waste of time to get that confirmation.

I also posted this thread on the TDR forums and someone had a pretty neat idea there: it would be far more useful if we were able to take samples from blood spatters

I liked it the way it was before, was there a particular reason it was changed?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 08:13:27 PM by Mustang »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 08:54:41 PM »

I liked it the way it was before, was there a particular reason it was changed?

The old weapon examiner would be overpowered if it could have been used on knives and disarmed bombs (hence you couldn't). The DNA sampler is not. It is best used on traitor equipment like those things, as it can lead to a 100% traitor confirmation, rather than testing random guns other people might have used.

The concept of redesigns or changing it back is a little pointless. I am almost completely certain there will not be new TTT releases that deal with stuff that isn't an extremely urgent bug.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 08:56:10 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 08:59:07 PM »

BKU, any plans or ideas for another project you'd be working on, or are you going to take a break for a while from developing things?

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 09:33:45 PM »

Beacons FTW.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 09:40:27 PM »

BKU, any plans or ideas for another project you'd be working on, or are you going to take a break for a while from developing things?

For now I'm simply actually playing games in my free time for a change. Haven't felt the urge to work on something new yet, but I always maintain a list of ideas.
mysquirrel
Poster

VIDEO GAMES MADE ME DO IT

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 09:48:12 PM »

Operation ZossiMossi?

I AM THE DEV SUMMONER

My fingers are itching to reward you with a ban for reporting this.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 09:55:15 PM »

While I like the idea of an mmo style zombie master with factions controlling territory against the undead, they are kind of hard to do.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Spruce
Poster

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 10:43:15 PM »

Maybe let the DNA sampler immediately find the name of a target if 2-3 items are found with DNA?
On that subject, the lack of passive items for detectives has always disturbed me. He should be able to buy items like magneto-stick upgrades for the entire Terrorist team (god I don't know).
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 10:46:03 PM by Spruce »
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Do you use the DNA sampler? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length