Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:59:54 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Annoying bug.
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Annoying bug.  (Read 7582 times)
Andyp
Poster

« on: March 03, 2010, 09:15:09 PM »

Ok so about 30 minutes ago I just killed a fellow traitor because the game showed him as being a detective, right before I had a convenient power cut meaning he now thinks I did it on purpose and then quit.

Unfortunately I dont have a screeny as I didnt expect this to happen. The game also did not notify me of who my fellow traitors were either. Had I known this was a bug I would have done the record fix, unfortunately I did not.

Of course we all know about the traitors appearing as detectives, but not being notified of who is when you are one, is new to me. Just thought Id let people know about it so be aware.

The true Anthem of England: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJNic_XSwBo&feature=related
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 09:52:02 PM »

No, we don't "all know" about traitors appearing as detectives. That issue has been fixed many versions ago. At least, I have not had a single report since that time, nor have I observed it when I have played. If it has been happening, and people are not reporting it, well...

Anyway, this kind of thing only happens when you do not receive certain information from the server, which is sent at multiple different times. There's a point where I've done all I can to prevent something and we are all at the mercy of issues caused by Gmod/Source/internet. Which is very frustrating.
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 12:12:46 AM »

Well I noticed that previous player picks carry over to the new round until everyone is selected.
Would it be safer to clear this after a round and client-side assign everyone innocent until everyone gets selected in the new round?

del>Ok, so Bad King, you are just going to wait for Garry to fix?
What an idiotic thing to ask. Dammit weed.

Bookcases, Bookcases Everywhere
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 12:28:58 AM »

Have you guys been playing on an updated server? I haven't had these issues after I contacted BKU about it a while ago, and he fixed it.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 02:16:10 AM »

Yeah I haven't noticed any of these issues on DNR, surprised me to hear about this.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Andyp
Poster

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 01:58:16 PM »

Yeah I was too when it happened to be fair. Had I known I would have taken a screeny.

The true Anthem of England: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJNic_XSwBo&feature=related
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 12:51:40 AM »

Haven't had a single report of this happen again since its been fixed a few versions back.
Probably a random fluke or a non updated server.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Annoying bug. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length