Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:06:33 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: CS:S content on server issues
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CS:S content on server issues  (Read 5232 times)
Mustang
Poster

Dirty sneaky traitor

« on: February 22, 2010, 10:11:29 PM »

I'm trying to set up a server with a few friends using the 2/20/10 version, and we're encountering some bizarre bugs here.
First of all, anything players throw doesn't move. Meaning that if a player throws a grenade, drops a weapon, or uses the magneto stick, the object in question just floats in the air and doesn't fall.

Second, which isn't all that important, the m16's skin has a silencer on it when it's not firing and in the world model, but it doesn't have one when firing

Third, all weapons reload instantaneously, and reloading as you fire empties entire clips instantly.

Either solutions or just a point toward where we should look would be appreciated greatly
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 10:47:21 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 10:26:42 PM »

I'm trying to set up a server with a few friends using the 2/20/10 version, and we're encountering some bizarre bugs here.
First of all, anything players throw doesn't move. Meaning that if a player throws a grenade, drops a weapon, or uses the magneto stick, the object in question just floats in the air and doesn't fall.

Second, which isn't all that important, the m16's skin has a silencer on it when it's not firing and in the world model, but it doesn't have one when firing

Third, all weapons reload instantaneously, and reloading as you fire empties entire clips instantly.

Either solutions or just a point toward where we should look would be appreciated greatly

That happens when CS:S content is not installed on the server properly.
Mustang
Poster

Dirty sneaky traitor

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 10:31:19 PM »

That happens when CS:S content is not installed on the server properly.

We followed the TTT readme's instructions and the console says it's mounted properly
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 10:46:22 PM »

All the symptoms are exactly those of lacking CS:S content. Stuff like instant reloads is caused by the server not having the model loaded and therefore not knowing how long the reload animation should take, so it happens instantly.

Perhaps GMod and CS:S need to be installed in a certain order or something.

edit:
Split off into its own thread.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 10:47:34 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Mustang
Poster

Dirty sneaky traitor

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 11:09:42 PM »

I guess Sid's just being stupid then, I'll run him through it myself and see if anything changes
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: CS:S content on server issues « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length