Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 04:35:20 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] TTT_Bank_B3 *UPDATE*
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: [RELEASE] TTT_Bank_B3 *UPDATE*  (Read 27591 times)
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« on: February 21, 2010, 07:26:50 PM »

Hey guys for the longest time I didn't have any free time to fix up TTT_Bank. I even gave the VMF to a friend of mine so he could fix it up in his free time, but finally I got some time to work on this. And made it much better.

GENTLEMEN BEHOLD TTT_BANK_B3!

Note to server hosts.
If your server has more then 16-20 player slots its recommended you rearm the map. I am not going to add or remove any more guns. It's also highly recommended you add this version over B1 and make it the only version of the map on your server. This version has lots of bug fixes and improvements over B1.

Download:

OLD DOWNLOADS:

Info:

Backstory:
You and a group of your terrorist komrads decide to rob a bank. After entering the building the exit is closed off by police APCs. It being the middle of the night and the alarms having been disabled how could the police have known about the robbery? Only one answer. Theres a traitor or traitors inside your group of komrads, but who is it? And how will you find out?

Features
-Rain and lightning, the lightning makes the majority of the map rumble for about 5 seconds this could throw off a traitors aim. And it also lights up the entire outside for less then a second. It only strikes every minute or so however.
-Destroyable elevator, traitors can plant C4 inside the elevator to disable it.
-In game messages, whenever something needs explaining a message will pop up and explain. For instance, how to open the vault. And that the radio can play music.
-Radio that plays music.
-More risky the area the better the reward. When your in the Bank theres only crappy guns. Where as if your in dangerous areas you have better chances of finding a good gun. Or if you unlock the vault.

Screenshots:

Notice the message at the top.

Notice the message at the top.

B3 Changelog:
Added rain and lightning
Added more guns
Added more areaportals
Added more light effects
Fixed elevator breaking to button spamming
Fixed a few visual things nothing too major
Removed snipers

B2 Changelog:
Added helpful messages for traitors and all players.
Added a new office.
Added an entrance room to the building.
Added snipers that will attack after 2 minutes after the round starts.
Added several props outside to provide cover from snipers. Doesn't work well.
Added a few windows to the lobby.
Added more guns. Less in the bank its self more in the darkness or basement risky business getting guns.
Added a feature that lets Traitors blow up the elevator with C4. This basically forces everyone in either the bank or basement. Unless someone wants to try doing the Sniper Shuffle.
Added more area portals.
Added a roof. Pretty badly done roof but you don't see it much espically with snipers trying to kill you the whole time.
Added a hidden "Map Made by =CrazyChicken=" somewhere so people know I made it when I play online.
Added when firedoors get opened it alerts snipers to aim there. Not that they really need any help on what to do but if you don't go through the door they'll be watching...
Changed CEO office now under new managment of C. Chicken.
Changed vault completely.
Changed elevator completely looks much better now.
Changed offices, glass is now breakable and is sections rather then one gaint mass of glass. Hmm, mass of glass.
Changed lobby, looks more like a modern bank lobby now.
Changed location of easter egg chicken and changed his skin.
Changed lighting in lots of places.
Changed elevator exit hall to suit the new elevator.
Changed vault is no longer a maze of money palets.
Changed less square brushs more sexy props.
Changed a few camera locations due to many changes in the map.
Changed ammo locker now has two doors instead of one so that it doesn't hold up traffic in the hallway.
Changed stairs are now much better looking.
Changed many textures.
Changed outside and basement lights are now darker.
Fixed elevator getting stuck when people spammed the button alot.
Fixed my custom city ambience sound not looping.
Removed toggable lights, looked really bad an wasn't used very much.
Removed feature to close vault door, had sound issues with the new vault. Might add the feature in a later update.
Removed trashed office.
Removed vault light going out when vault door is closed.
Removed blue screen'd ATM machine. Not very noticable and the lobby is alot different now.

Also I'm not updating my Facepunch thread. Apparently anyone who can open Hammer on Facepunch thinks they know everything about it. They're snobbishness really pisses me off. Not going to get into that. Example of Facepunch: LOOK I CAN MAKE A OCEAN JUST LIKE HL2'S AND TAKE ONE SCREENSHOT OF MY LAGGY MASTERPIECE WHICH MAKES ME MORE QUALIFIED IN MAPPING THEN YOU! SO IF YOU DON'T TAKE MY ADVISE YOUR MAP SUCKS. HERP DERP.

Credits:
CrazyChicken - Map, Team Fortress Classic keycard port, chicken skin and hack and a few custom decals and textures 
Shotgunguy49 - Vending machine model ports and a few textures
Water-Phoenix - Original vending machine models for HL1
Valve - VOX sounds, chicken model, and their dedication to constantly break Hammer
prototstar - Brick wall texture
pachd.com - Traffic sounds
War - Why Can't We Be Friends song
smurfii - Vault Prefab
PatrikStar - Stair Prefab
Flat Zeus - Help and inspiration to fix up the map
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 11:42:17 PM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Chimpvanzee
Poster

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 07:31:20 PM »

Looks awesome, can't wait to try it.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 07:35:48 PM »

Looks rather cold and uninviting. A carpet on the floor would be nice along with something on the walls.
Looks promising though!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 07:38:45 PM by worbat »

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 07:47:11 PM »

The map itself looks pretty solid, I think the aesthetics need some work though

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 09:06:15 PM »

Looks rather cold and uninviting. A carpet on the floor would be nice along with something on the walls.
Looks promising though!

There's carpet in the lobby and in the offices I guess I didn't take a good screenshot of that. And I plan on adding some more posters and decals on the walls.

Most Neutral Poster
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 10:09:56 PM »

Looks promising though!

Maybe change the lighting a bit too. Maybe some rooms where the power has gone off and only a few emergency lights are remaining.

www.dnr-gaming.com
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 12:04:49 AM »

Maybe change the lighting a bit too. Maybe some rooms where the power has gone off and only a few emergency lights are remaining.

I actually have that in a few areas for a traitor advantage. I'll post some more screenshots soon.

Most Neutral Poster
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 06:55:33 PM »

Update.
Camera system press use on the remote to change cameras.
*snip*
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 10:28:06 AM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
Nel
Poster

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 09:15:52 PM »

It's looking pretty good, are there going to be an actual objectives to steal from the bank?
Holy Toaster
Poster

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 10:05:38 PM »

Looks sweet, but I do not like 'dem walls. They just don't look right as one solid tile wall, they need either a panelled lower half or a skirting on it. I don't like those columns either, something about them being made from tile doesn't look right. Some form of concrete would look better there.
Other than that I have no complaints, maybe ease up on those white lights and make them more oriented to what the player is meant to be doing there (Darker rooms for quick movement, brighter for more investigative movement.)

EDIT: Those door frames look off as well, a grotty looking concrete texture does not go well on a door to a bank that's meant to be up-kept well. Plus they just out just a tad too far.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 10:08:03 PM by Holy Toaster »

ZM_Cliffside_retreat Currently dead due to PC failure.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 04:35:31 AM »

Thanks for the feed back. There probably won't be any objectives. I planned on having some originally but I couldn't think of which side should get a bonus for stealing from the bank. The walls aren't tile, they're brick :P But I have changed the textures in some places. And the lighting will be different later on, the basement was so post to be much more dark and have lots of shadows but I suck at getting the light_spot's to do what I want. I'll more screens tomorrow.

Most Neutral Poster
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 01:50:06 AM »

You could always just make those stacks of money entities and make it so that when the traitors bring it to the back of a truck you win you would need like 5 money stacks.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 04:39:17 AM »

Well its not so much how they do the objective, it's just I don't know which side should win for it. I might add a side objective for robbing the bank that have a neutral reward. Right now I'm just trying to fix the elevator. It was pretty confusing to make I think it finially fixed though. I might post some screenshots tomorrow.

Most Neutral Poster
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 12:33:24 PM »

I think the concept for a bank robbing scenario that has been mentioned a few times in the past is that the innocent terrorist would have the objective of robbing the bank and the traitors need to take them out, perhaps so they can keep all the money to themselves or because they're undercover agents or something. The idea was that the innocent would have something to do while waiting for the traitors to make their move.
Suri
Poster

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 03:42:22 AM »

Map looks coola nd would love to add it to our server. Where is the DL link?
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 05:47:37 AM »

The thread title has a [WIP], it means it isn't out yet but probably going to be.  Usually threads with [RELEASE] in it do.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 01:04:02 AM »

Encase anybody is following this thread I am still adding stuff but it's mostly in optimizing so it's nothing I can really post here. Oh and I'll probably have to scrap a few things I had planned :/ I'm starting to get close to the risky amount of entities in my map. I'm going to use the Facepunch textures in my map, but that doesn't mean I'm including all the facepunch logos. I don't want to theme it around facepunch I just like the red and white look. Here's a small update.

*Snip*
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 10:27:26 AM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 01:30:36 AM »

The window in the third screenshot looks bizarre, maybe you could give it a bit of a frame?
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 04:21:02 AM »

Alright to clear things up.

Changed the firedoor mechanic. Instead of beign opened by a incendiary grenade it will just sound an alarm and can't be closed for a few seconds.
*snip*
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 10:27:40 AM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
Holy Toaster
Poster

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 05:00:28 PM »

Looks awesome but the lighting looks just a tad too bright in general. You should really take a look at the lighting soon and get it worked out but for now focus on finishing it up. Looking nice and on track too, good job!

ZM_Cliffside_retreat Currently dead due to PC failure.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] TTT_Bank_B3 *UPDATE* « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length