Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 10:00:56 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Howdy! Let me list some concepts :D
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Howdy! Let me list some concepts :D  (Read 6685 times)
Joey Skylynx
Poster

« on: February 13, 2010, 07:09:12 AM »

Hey guys I originally posted my ideas back on the DNR forums ,but they kept pointing here so I guess it's time for me to write down some concepts for the makers of TTT to look at.,

Stealth Shoes:

RDM... Annoying isn't it? Some little kid hears you sneaking around ,and without evidence he or she kills you. Stealth Shoes would be something for the traitor to gain a small hand advantage on the enemies which are against them. Stealth Shoes take the sounds of normal moving ,and bring them down by 3/4's of normal volume.  At the same time your movement won't be visible to the pesky detective footdar.  This will greatly enchance the stealthyness of a sniper or help you gain the upperhand in getting away from a gunfight so you can regroup with your traitor buddies. The bad part is it will be easier for the innocence to find you considering the sound of your stepping sounds complelty silent compared to their loud clackyness.

Napalm Grenades:

Sorta a two way grenade for Traitors and Detetectives... The Napalm Grenade is like the incendiary grenade ,but works so that if you hit someone with it they get burnt to death by it. What does this do? Traitors can kill detectives ,and innocence with ease ,but at the same time the detective can lite up a traitor who is camping in a building.

Flamethrower:

D'aww isn't it cute? This big girl will allow you to set fire to barricades ,and at the same time deal damage to the person behind said barricade... Unlike the napalm grenade it  doesn't set players on fire ,but does a brutal amount of damage if you get hit by it. Only problem with the flame thrower is though... Teamkillers. Cause you gussed it... It's always the retard with the flamethrower... Always.

Booby Trapped Bodies:

Despise it when someone finds a body... Looks at it... And boom you get yourself boned in four directions? The Jacket Grenade will solve those problems... If someone attempts to id the body they are killed ,and anyone nearby can be killed or seriously injured. Another thing is that it works on a timer... After two minutes it will explode on its own therefore making you waste credits. Defuser Kits can be used to defuse these ,and make it so its safe to ID the body. Just remember kids <3 Knife+Jacket Grenade = Epic Lol's

Tripwire:

Being a sniper either ways is pretty hard job... You got constant idiots coming into your building revealing you position. This baby... She solves all of it. For all you have to do is set it up ,and watch the fireworks.  Backfire problem? Some idiot runs into your building looking for ammo ,and guns ,and you have to deal with an admin.

Bow N' Arrow

Basically the same concept as a sniper rifle ,but it doesn't make a loud ass noise when fired. This weapon is avaible to all ,but it's not the most plentful on ammo.... Making it a quick shot ,and ditch.

"We're not judged by the plans we make ,but by the actions we take." - Myself.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 07:41:17 AM »

Stealth Shoes: Silent footsteps is dumb, you can just hold alt to walk and make no noise. Covering up footprints is a neat idea though, but I'm not sure how much I like the idea of countering detective items. Part of what makes the detective a threat is that he can really fuck you up with evidence, so you have to kill his well guarded ass. Just countering what he is kind of defeats that.

Napalm grenades: It sounds fun, but burning to death is a bit much. Maybe just burn for about as long as a flaregun hit, so you can toss this into a group, creating chaos. They might shoot each other, and you could shoot them less conspicuously.

Flamethower: Just use C4.

Booby trapped bodies: This would discourage people from checking bodies, which is bad. Quick question, when you say "Lol's" do you mean possessive Lol or "Lol is"?

Tripwire: Cheap kills. Nah.

Bow N Arrow: Well there's no way a model could be found for this, but I do like the notion of a silent sniper. I remember back when the rifle's sound range was tiny, you could co-ordinate with a fellow traitor to pull off some cool shit.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 12:43:30 PM »

I actually think the Bow N Arrow could work well as the crossbow model, harder to snipe with, quiet, traitor only weapon with only a few shots. Similar to the silenced pistol but longer range, just not quite as much as a sniper rifle.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 05:31:18 PM »

Crossbow definitely sounds nifty.

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 09:59:26 PM »

Oh yeah the crossbow.

CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 10:19:37 PM »

I like alot of your ideas. The stealth shoes would be nice so you can flee the scene and people can't hear where you're going.And you can't exactly flee while walking. Napalm grenade could be interesting. I can already see burning people running out of clue. I don't like the flame thrower. The grenade jacket could be cool if it worked like C4 in having to defuse it in order to see the results, only make it much harder to defuse obviously. But why not just use the flare gun at that point? The tripwire would be annoying. Crossbow would be sweet.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Joey Skylynx
Poster

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 03:15:03 AM »

:3
I'm glad you guys have taken favor.
I also have another concept...

How about a traitor weapon being a rock.. You know... Come up behind someone ,and bash their brains in with a cinder-block

Also!

One idea I forgot to mention was fake suicide pills. Basically you go into ragdoll form ,and what happens is when people id your body you come out as innocent... Then when you re-spawn you come as someone who's presently alive.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 03:17:47 AM by Joey Skylynx »

"We're not judged by the plans we make ,but by the actions we take." - Myself.
UnInvincible
Build Tester

SANTA SHAMBLER SEIZURE!

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 03:24:28 AM »

:3
I'm glad you guys have taken favor.
I also have another concept...

How about a traitor weapon being a rock.. You know... Come up behind someone ,and bash their brains in with a cinder-block

We've got the knife.

One idea I forgot to mention was fake suicide pills. Basically you go into ragdoll form ,and what happens is when people id your body you come out as innocent... Then when you re-spawn you come as someone who's presently alive.

It'd be interesting, but I'm not sure how possible the whole "become a ragdoll and then come back as not a ragdoll" thing is. Also your version is kinda overpowered, it'd be kinda cool if you just faked your death, but you come back as yourself, so if anyone sees you they know what's up.

my game keeps crashing as it loads, (i have all the expansion packs including the apartment life) and i am hearing that it might possibly be a custom content problem? how do i remove custom content?
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 03:43:00 AM »

Then when you re-spawn you come as someone who's presently alive. 
greifgreifgreifgreif

FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 01:45:22 PM »

Stealth Shoes could also be a huge disadvantage for the traitor. As soon as the detective's notices you aren't dropping foot prints, there be no escaping it.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Howdy! Let me list some concepts :D « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length