Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 01:45:58 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Kill Notification Idea
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kill Notification Idea  (Read 5983 times)
Wrath
Poster

« on: February 07, 2010, 11:52:37 PM »

So how about a kill notification for spectators and dead people to see? This would help clear alot of "I think he's rdming" or "I think he's the traitor" kinda stuff

For example

James Rossi *Uzi symbol* Some guy (or blue if he's detective)

Note this isn't for living people just the dead

Thoughts?

gorge bosch
Poster

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 01:38:16 AM »

It'd make it too easy for ghosters.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 01:39:45 AM »

Would result in more ghosting.

EDIT: preposted

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 09:15:02 AM »

I consider it a positive that after you die you do not necessarily know who is a traitor yet, so one of the things you can do as spectator is attempting to figure that out.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 10:11:07 AM »

Possible for high admins only? A cvar maybe.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 10:31:37 AM »

The information is already available through console commands for gmod superadmins or through RCON.
Broseidon, of the Brocean
Poster

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 01:30:30 AM »

The information is already available through console commands for gmod superadmins or through RCON.

Would be nice if that info was more easily accessible to the more "slow" admins... I've lost count of how many times I've seen traitors (including myself) get slayed or banned for "RDMing" when the round isn't over yet.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 05:20:08 AM »

The admins that do that are probsbly to stupid to know about the command, I mean how hard is it to type "ttt_adminreport" (or whatever it is) into the console. Hell they could bind "devolper 1;ttt_adminreport;devolper 0" to a key and have it displayed on the screen. I'm pretty sure I spelled devolper wrong so don't copy and paste it.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
RoflChoppa
Poster

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 08:35:44 PM »

I said something like this on a TTT server around the time you posted this. Were you on the TDR 12 slot server last week?

I consider it a positive that after you die you do not necessarily know who is a traitor yet, so one of the things you can do as spectator is attempting to figure that out.

This is true and so is the ghosting problem that was mentioned, but how about you give just the traitors this ability? It would make one's job as a traitor easier by notifying them of deaths exactly when they happen. The traitors already know who the other traitors are and they can already see the "Missing in Action" list, so it's not like there would be anything negative.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 09:18:22 PM by RoflChoppa »
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Kill Notification Idea « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length