Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:58:16 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Detectives: Thoughts, ideas, balance, Holmes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Detectives: Thoughts, ideas, balance, Holmes.  (Read 36728 times)
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2010, 01:21:13 AM »

I think the detective adds a nice variety to the game. It gives a high priority target to the traitors, and it gives more purpose to being innocent than cannon fodder. The best games are the most cerebral. I think that this changes and evolves with the community. Right now the game is still a semi-limited deathmatch to a degree. However, when we first played TTT when it was Serial Killer in ZM, mindfucks were more of the norm than the exception. As people play and learn, and react to the other players this might grow.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2010, 05:43:12 AM »

Detective equipment: Manacles.

Can be applied to target players wrists or ankles.  This can only be applied when target player is holstered.  Using the manacles, the detective fires it upon the player in melee range with left or right click.  If he left clicks the wrists are manacled and he is stuck in a holstered state, if the legs are manacled he is stuck in a walking state.

Only a detective may undo manacles, or a player may search a detectives body to find a key.  Detectives keep an unlimited number of keys on their body.
Spruce
Poster

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2010, 07:16:28 AM »

manacles

I disagree. Detective should be based around looking for clues and helping the innocents, not hindering fun for others. They'd probably be used much more for griefing and bias, as well
Kathrin
Poster

Nidhoggr, the Net Serpent.

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2010, 08:55:44 AM »

I like stabbing the detective in the middle of a crowd just so everyone opens fire on one another, Obviously I had a shotgun out so it wasn't me.
Mustang
Poster

Dirty sneaky traitor

« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2010, 01:41:20 AM »

Hey guys I haven't read this thread past the first page but I think the detective should have something that searches people for what weapons they're carrying.
If they can already do that or it's a stupid idea then just call me a nub
gorge bosch
Poster

« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2010, 02:58:23 AM »

Detective equipment: Manacles.

Can be applied to target players wrists or ankles.  This can only be applied when target player is holstered.  Using the manacles, the detective fires it upon the player in melee range with left or right click.  If he left clicks the wrists are manacled and he is stuck in a holstered state, if the legs are manacled he is stuck in a walking state.

Only a detective may undo manacles, or a player may search a detectives body to find a key.  Detectives keep an unlimited number of keys on their body.

Really stupid idea.
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2010, 06:40:21 AM »

Really stupid idea.

This would provide non lethal options for players who want to do something with people they suspect.  It's hard for it to be "abused" when the other player has to be voluntarily holstered and near the detective.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 06:42:22 AM by Qloos »
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2010, 07:34:31 AM »

That said, I dislike the idea as well.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
UnInvincible
Build Tester

SANTA SHAMBLER SEIZURE!

« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2010, 07:39:40 AM »

I can see a lot of "Hey you, go holstered and let me handcuff you or I'll shoot you" conversations happening. And either way it's not going to end fairly for someone.

my game keeps crashing as it loads, (i have all the expansion packs including the apartment life) and i am hearing that it might possibly be a custom content problem? how do i remove custom content?
catbarf
Poster

Volcano junkie.

« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2010, 06:57:37 PM »

'Hey you, drop your weapon or I'll shoot you' already happens all the freaking time.
Broseidon, of the Brocean
Poster

« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2010, 11:53:29 PM »

'Hey you, drop your weapon or I'll shoot you' already happens all the freaking time.

Except that normally when someone says that to you, you can instantly shoot them in the forehead and 9 times out of 10 it will be a traitor, if not just a dumb ass innocent who deserved it anyway. Now that detectives have been added, a lot of players who get that role like to abuse the power that comes with it and can get away with making such ridiculous demands as "drop your guns or I'll kill you" or "stay with this crowd or I'll kill you," and the rest of the innocents are expected to back him with whatever he does. Adding manacles would just add another way for detectives to fuck with people. Especially considering that most of the people who use it on you are going to forget about you or just leave you like that because it's funny.

I think you'll have to find another way to act out your BDSM fantasies, Qloos.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2010, 04:10:04 AM »

Except that normally when someone says that to you, you can instantly shoot them in the forehead and 9 times out of 10 it will be a traitor, if not just a dumb ass innocent who deserved it anyway.
You are retarded.

sulkdodds
Global Moderator

I AM THE SON OF DOG

« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2010, 08:45:34 AM »

Do try and be productive.

if I were not Sulkdodds, I should wish to be Diogenes
Mustang
Poster

Dirty sneaky traitor

« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2010, 10:49:07 PM »

Except that normally when someone says that to you, you can instantly shoot them in the forehead and 9 times out of 10 it will be a traitor, if not just a dumb ass innocent who deserved it anyway. Now that detectives have been added, a lot of players who get that role like to abuse the power that comes with it and can get away with making such ridiculous demands as "drop your guns or I'll kill you" or "stay with this crowd or I'll kill you," and the rest of the innocents are expected to back him with whatever he does. Adding manacles would just add another way for detectives to fuck with people. Especially considering that most of the people who use it on you are going to forget about you or just leave you like that because it's funny.

I think you'll have to find another way to act out your BDSM fantasies, Qloos.

Someone has an issue with authority
Broseidon, of the Brocean
Poster

« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2010, 01:43:53 AM »

Someone has an issue with authority

Yeah man, fuck tha police! :p

Although really, it's not so much an issue with authority as it is being wary of giving authority to random people based on a dice roll. If you've played TTT enough I'm sure you're fully aware of the average intelligence of the player base. Giving the detectives enough power and special gadgets to make them become randomly selected "junior admins" means that every idiot you play with will be able to easily fuck up your game (and get away with it) at some point or another.

Just the other day I was in the same room as a detective and a bunch of other innocents who were doing nothing, and out of the blue the detective just started using his shotgun to pick off random people around him. All innocents. But nobody was stopping him, because he was the detective. Luckily, his abuse of that power resulted in him getting banned next round for RDMing. However, if he had been doing this abuse by using some special gadgets that allowed him to slow, disarm, or in other ways mess with players without killing them, then he would have been much harder to deal with, not to mention that improper use of such gadgets would be seen as not as big of a deal as blatant RDMing (although it would be equally annoying for the people he does it to). And I'm sure that would end up happening WAY more than detectives RDMing, for the aforementioned reasons. That's why I support the current decision about detective tools.

Ajunk: ask your doctor about Lamictal.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2010, 02:08:48 AM »

Ask your doctor about Lobotomy.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Detectives: Thoughts, ideas, balance, Holmes. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length