Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:16:25 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Detectives: Thoughts, ideas, balance, Holmes.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Detectives: Thoughts, ideas, balance, Holmes.  (Read 36680 times)
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2010, 03:40:09 AM »

The DNA kit is interesting... Maybe it simply says if a person killed the person in question, and has three tries you can do on other people and you can only 'test' on body.
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2010, 06:05:09 AM »

;)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 07:38:24 AM by zoobird »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2010, 07:55:14 AM »

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

edit:
(I know detectives can't do much yet. They were added last week. Really, I appreciate feedback and suggestions, I read and consider every post, but you don't have to point out obvious issues I'm already working on.)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 08:13:31 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2010, 04:50:16 PM »

How about a trap? You set it up somewhere between to walls or objects(if using tripwire). There is either a pressure pad, or trip-wire things, and if someone stands on the pressure pad or walks throught the trip-wire, something traps them and stops them from moving until someone frees them. It could stop them with a cage, or maybe just stop them. Mabye something else.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2010, 12:20:24 AM »

Here is how to sum up my whole detective experience in 3 words:

Useless, annoying, and deadmeat. 

So hopefully something else can be done with it because right now it's just like the karma system.  Nice idea, but it doesn't really add or take away from the game.  It's benign. 

Odd, usually when im detective.  I get a better time, one example is once, I was in a group of innocents (maybe one was a traitor I dunno), we were going along.  Some were getting picked off, me and some other guy killed one.  I assumed he was innocent, so in complete trust, I gave him my teleporter, the teleporter was set to the very top apartment on ZM_Downtown.  I got another traitor with him, been doing great.  The other innocents were beggining to get panicked so they hid indoors and started spying somewhat.  Now, there was a traitor on the VERY top floor of the apartments, he started sniping innocents a lot.  I told the guy I gave my teleporter to teleport up, he got up, guy didn't notice and got shotgunned and innocents were winnar.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2010, 04:27:26 AM »

Cool story bro.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
mysquirrel
Poster

VIDEO GAMES MADE ME DO IT

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2010, 05:14:48 PM »

I thought about a Tool for the Detective, it should be possible for him to get unreachable bodies, like the ones who fell into Pit. Something like a Body Teleporter or a Harpoon with a rope attached to it.

I AM THE DEV SUMMONER

My fingers are itching to reward you with a ban for reporting this.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2010, 12:13:17 AM »

I thought about a Tool for the Detective, it should be possible for him to get unreachable bodies, like the ones who fell into Pit. Something like a Body Teleporter or a Harpoon with a rope attached to it.

The simple way would be for it to be some kind of scope or binoculars that allow them to identify any body that they can aim it at and go through the menus and stuff.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2010, 03:59:09 AM »

I like the direction the detective is heading now with the latest update. 
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2010, 08:51:10 AM »

The simple way would be for it to be some kind of scope or binoculars that allow them to identify any body that they can aim it at and go through the menus and stuff.

I like this idea.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2010, 09:31:17 AM »

I also like this idea.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
UnInvincible
Build Tester

SANTA SHAMBLER SEIZURE!

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2010, 02:32:50 PM »

You might want to make it so checking with the binoculars doesn't give the eye reflection, seeing as how that wouldn't make much sense and would probably help balance them out a bit.

my game keeps crashing as it loads, (i have all the expansion packs including the apartment life) and i am hearing that it might possibly be a custom content problem? how do i remove custom content?
Blan21
Poster

Tasteless wolf

« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2010, 06:11:26 AM »

i still like my tranquilizer idea lol :P it seems to have gotten smothered in other posts.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2010, 07:28:51 AM »

Good to know.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Spruce
Poster

« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2010, 07:40:53 AM »

Signed up to throw in two cents : I think binoculars that -identify- corpses seem too overpowered and unbalanced. Moving towards corpses in order to ID them while under the constant threat of being backstabbed is part of the atmosphere of TTT - and binoculars would hurt that atmosphere.  On some maps, like Camel, ranged identification can detract from gameplay and suspense. Perhaps the binoculars could search a body from range but only reveal _what_ killed them? For example, searching bodies floating in water could reveal if the victim simply drowned or was dumped by the traitors after being sniped. This, to me at least, seems to balance the binoculars out with the rest of the current detective items. A zoom function would be nice, if only for aesthetics and common sense.

While I'm here I might as well throw in other input. I think that detectives should have some more items that are less useful to the detective and more useful to the innocents around him. Such as items purposefully meant to be given to other players, like the teleport and defuser sometimes are used. Perhaps this is too overused, but adrenaline that would temporarily boost speed by 40% or something. Also, maybe the beacon item should provide two beacons of different colors? Most people playing TTT now know all the maps, and it's easy to just say "come to point A", but several beacons could provide death locations or providing another for a friend.

Just throwing around ideas that sound remotely interesting to me, thanks for reading. Love the mod, one of the most fun and intense experiences I believe I've ever had in an online game!

(Edit : Ideas of an extra light source such as flares from Ep1 comes to mind. Feels rather unnecessary though.)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 07:47:30 AM by Spruce »
Kathrin
Poster

Nidhoggr, the Net Serpent.

« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2010, 08:06:18 AM »

http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=9523.0
gorge bosch
Poster

« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2010, 11:53:00 PM »

I've noticed lately that TTT matches seem to revolve around everyone just humping the detective and the traitor never even gets a chance to do anything.
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2010, 11:54:25 PM »

That's because pubby traitors have no clue what they're doing

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
gorge bosch
Poster

« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2010, 01:06:57 AM »

or because the Detective was an unnecessary addition that makes public games suck
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2010, 01:09:33 AM »

It hasn't proven to be a problem with me as a traitor. Honestly it almost becomes easier because it is easy to know where 80% of the innocents are.

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Detectives: Thoughts, ideas, balance, Holmes. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length