Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:40:56 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Traitor Weapons
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Traitor Weapons  (Read 5132 times)
NikoBellic
Poster

« on: January 10, 2010, 06:22:34 PM »

- Rigged Gun; Starts as a default pistol and traitor can turn into any weapon by going back into the context menu. Another tab in the context menu lets you choose the gun model so if someone says " Hey does anyone have a shotgun I can have " for example, the traitor can change the default pistol model of it into a shotgun. When someone tries to shoot the rigged gun the gun explodes killing the shooter and the people around him.

- Cloaking device; Like spys cloaking device. However it only works while standing still and it can only be used until the 8 min mark. This could help traitors evade innocents easier who know they are a traitor, and can also be used to set up a trap.

- Taze; Has 3 shots. If someone is shot with a taze they are muted and cannot move for 2 seconds. This gives the traitor a split second to kill the innocent without him yelling who's killing him. However the taze is highly inaccurate and has a short range.

- Suicide Bomb - Basically activated C4 on your chest; 2 second delay. Also has a ALAALLALALALALLALALA soundfile included before you explode.

- Mannequin - A dummy that, when deployed takes on the name of a random person in the server and is set in a pose with a Scout as if it were zoomed in aiming. When it takes damage or is bumped into it is ragdolled and when ID'ed just says "Mannequin." It might be put in an obvious sniping spot, while the real traitor takes a less conspicuous spot, assuming most people would ID the body from afar and yell false accusations or feel falsely safe.

- Hallucinogenic Gas Grenade - Straight from TFC; when thrown it explodes just like a gas grenade, but virtually impossible to see. If anybody passes through it, the see and hear false gunshots, C4 beeps, pain sounds, and perhaps their screen flashes white or they see false players or something similar?
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 07:05:52 PM »

Rigging Gun
- The rigged gun seems useful but perhaps a time-frame of use should be attached to it. For example: The terrorist alters the look of his weapon to a pistol from a shotgun. After a delay of x.xx seconds, the gun resumes to its original model.

Cloaking Device
- Cloaking device seems overpowered completely.

Tazer
- The Taze isn't going to work.  Bad King Urgrain as already mentioned previously he has no intention of removing a players mobilitiy whether it be by a stun gun or other device.

Bomb
- Suicide Bomb: No, too overpowered

Mannequin
- This could work out well although there might be an RDMING issue associating with this where players might kill individuals resembling the mannequin. Ex: The Traitor plants a manniquin with the player name of "SilverStream". If a majority of players seem to be suspicious over my actions and then find this manniquin aiming with a rifle, I would most definitely be shot.

- Another issue resides with the coding portion of this. I doubt Bad King Urgrain would bother coding this. It seems too complex, then again, I have no experience of coding.

Grenade
- Finally, the grenade: I donno about this one. Seems interesting. Although the radio is deemed useless if this is implemented. Perhaps a more densely populated smoke volume that reduces sound from the player within its radius would suffice.

These are my takes on the suggestions.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 07:11:16 PM by Silverstream »
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 08:34:44 PM »

Rigged gun: At first I thought it was a gun which, through a menu, took the shape of any gun. That way you could kill someone with a shotgun and then swap to your "scout" and get away. Then I realized that would remove one of the greatest parts of detective work done by then innocents, and that this isn't even your idea. Your idea ended up being retarded.

Cloak: A cloak isn't a bad idea. I remember in Modular Combat that cloaked players could be seen if someone shone their light at them. The episode 2 shadow was never disabled so you saw this shadow. It was pretty cool.

Tazer: If you can get close enough to use this and kill them with your gun, why not just kill them with your gun? Seems redundant.

Suicide Bomb: No.

Manneguin: ....no.

Grenade:
I don't really like messing with people's vision or controls. The flashbang is the most hated weapon in CS for a good reason (see also: Valve nerfing TF2's Sandman stun).

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Traitor Weapons « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length