Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:06:20 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [Release] ttt_siege_v1c
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: [Release] ttt_siege_v1c  (Read 11213 times)
Officer_BUlbock
Poster

oh god not the snorks nooo

« on: January 10, 2010, 10:08:05 AM »

ttt_siege_v1c

It's been a bad week for the terrorists.

Their transfer was traced, their hidden stronghold was discovered, they're running out of food, their only hostage was shot on national television, the snipers are getting more trigger happy by the minute and there's still another quarter of an hour on the clock before the statute of limitations on the cash runs out.

It's enough to make a man want to mercilessly butcher his colleagues, escape with two briefcases full of diamonds and spend the rest of his life in a private beach resort in the bahamas...

Features:
-Snipers!
-Two invincible vaults suspended above electrified water which can only be opened from the inside containing cash and briefcases
-The ability for those vaults to be locked shut (by anybody) or gassed (by traitors)
-Fully carryable camera where you can teabag every corpse on the map to the bemusement of everyone watching the televisions
-Underground traitor tunnels where traitors can take two briefcases to call in a missile strike
-Tactical map where traitors can call in unkillable npc soldiers (60 second cooldown and they have terrible aim)
-Traitor button and above-ground generators where the warehouse lights can be turned on and off

Okay, here is ttt_siege_v1c. Pakratting was giving some strange results so I didn't pak in the script files this time which I hope will solve the issues.

Okay this version appears to work properly. Have fun!

http://ifile.it/3xsep2r/ttt_siege_v1c.bsp
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 12:55:00 AM by Officer_BUlbock »

Maps:
zm_air  zm_powderkeg  zm_voodoo  zm_endgame ttt_airbus ttt_siege
Tyrant T100
Poster

The State sees all!

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 10:12:24 AM »

Downloading now, some of the screenshots do look a little too dark for me, but I won't judge that until I have a look in game. Good looking map despite the brightness, I just hope some servers have it uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TyrantGrandburnin
Pestoolio
Poster

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 06:09:22 PM »

The inside is clearly lit until a traitor shuts off the power. The outside is dark for obvious reasons.

I'm looking forward to seeing this played on a server! Hopefully people will understand how the heck the map works.

Officer_BUlbock
Poster

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 09:37:17 PM »

Okay, there have been some "different map file" issues with server downloading, so I've updated the link. It's the same file but I downloaded it from a server so maybe rehosting it will help.

EDIT: Don't use this file, use v1b

http://rapidshare.com/files/333358760/ttt_siege_v1.bsp.html
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 10:54:58 PM by Officer_BUlbock »

Maps:
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 10:16:43 PM »

If this is named the same thing as the first version, those who downloaded the possibly corrupt version will have issues. I recommend renaming it, if you haven't already.
Officer_BUlbock
Poster

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 10:50:52 PM »

Okay I've uploaded ttt_siege_v1b, I took the original compile and redid the cubemaps and repakratted the soundscape files. It's a seperate name so it should work if there was a problem with a corrupted file or me mucking up the pakratting of the original file.

http://rapidshare.com/files/333386457/ttt_siege_v1b.bsp.html

EDIT:

Okay I downloaded and took a look at the original v1 file that's on the servers. It's way smaller than it should be and must have been corrupted or messed up in some way.

Download the v1b file and it ought to work.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 11:06:14 PM by Officer_BUlbock »

Maps:
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 11:58:01 PM »

Odd that this happened, I've uploaded the map twice myself.
Another random fluke I suppose.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Officer_BUlbock
Poster

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 08:24:36 PM »

So have any servers managed to run some rounds on the map at all? Starting to feel like I've put two months down the drain because of a bungled release.

Maps:
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 09:48:57 PM »

I've been trying to dl it several times today but rapidshare is being a bitch and keeps nagging I need to go premium or try another time.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Officer_BUlbock
Poster

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 10:21:33 PM »

If you click on the "free user" button and wait for the timer it should work.

Maps:
AndyTheGeeky
Build Tester

Wannabe Zoidberg

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 10:25:10 PM »

Problem is, there IS no timer - it just tells you to buy Premium or GTFO (no download slots available).

Seriously, RapidShare's the first place you go when uploading things?  Try iFile.it or MegaUpload.

EDIT: Here, rehosted: http://ifile.it/db9pks5/ttt_siege_v1b.bsp
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 10:55:14 PM by AndyTheGeeky »

Signature Pending...
Officer_BUlbock
Poster

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 11:05:12 PM »

Sure no problem, here's an alternate download link for v1b:

http://ifile.it/872tmjb/ttt_siege_v1b.bsp

EDIT:
Woops didn't see you posted an upload. Ah well, no harm done.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 11:06:19 PM by Officer_BUlbock »

Maps:
Officer_BUlbock
Poster

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 12:23:20 AM »

Apparently the new version still doesn't work. Well I guess I'm giving up on this map, I don't know what to do. What a bugger.

Maps:
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 12:25:14 AM »

Apparently the new version still doesn't work. Well I guess I'm giving up on this map, I don't know what to do. What a bugger.

Sorry to hear that.  Looks like a great map.  Sadly the newer version wasn't working for us either.
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 12:26:15 AM »

Noooo, don't give up. This map seems pure epic!

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Officer_BUlbock
Poster

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 12:31:27 AM »

This version isn't corrupted like the last version, and people should be downloading the same file to their folders that the server is running. It doesn't make any sense :/

EDIT:

I'm thinking of doing a proper clean compile and being very careful when building the cubemaps, pakratting and uploading, releasing it as v2. I don't think anything before the compile could cause any issue of this sort, so it might be worth a last-ditch try. If it doesn't work though, I'm really stumped.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 12:57:17 AM by Officer_BUlbock »

Maps:
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 07:14:41 AM »

You could also test a version of the map without anything pakratted, just to see if the error occurs. That seems more likely to cause odd behaviour than anything standard in the bsp.
AndyTheGeeky
Build Tester

Wannabe Zoidberg

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 10:27:36 AM »

Try giving another mapper a look at it; maybe they can figure out what's going on.

Signature Pending...
Officer_BUlbock
Poster

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 08:51:10 PM »

Come to think of it, using pakrat before gave some suspicious results- it created an extra .pak.bak or something like that file which I ignored. This time I've compiled and built the cubemaps but not pakratted in the script files. I made sure not to touch pakrat at all, in fact. Of course, I can't promise anything at risk of looking like a jackass but I would be eternally grateful if someone could try v1c out:

http://ifile.it/3xsep2r/ttt_siege_v1c.bsp
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:52:22 PM by Officer_BUlbock »

Maps:
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 09:11:52 PM »

I put it on a dedicated server running on my own machine and then connected to it so it autodownloaded. Everything seems to work.

Unrelated to any issues, you have a few "weapon_smokegrenade" entities by the way, those should probably be "weapon_ttt_smokegrenade".
Pages: [1] 2
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [Release] ttt_siege_v1c « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length