Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:10:27 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Traitor Gadgets?
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Traitor Gadgets?  (Read 8875 times)
Wrath
Poster

« on: January 10, 2010, 02:07:22 AM »

Cloak

A cloaking device that works similar to the Spy's from TF2. Except you get 2 charges with it and you cannot use any weapons while its active. The charge's last 30 seconds - 1 minute depending on if your moving or not. If standing still the charge will last a bit longer however if your moving the charge gets used up quickly

This would seem like a very useful device should a traitor be trapped in a building with no exit and needs to hide fast or make a quick escape

Dart Gun

A dart gun the blurs a person's vision for 8 seconds. Giving the traitor time to escape or kill someone without them being able to see whats going on. The gun would hold only 3 darts and it does no damage at all

Landmine

A single landmine that is invisible to innocent and explodes if walked on. Traitors can only use one of these and has the blast radius smaller then a explosive barrel so it would kill one person at most

Vampire Gun

A gun that sucks the life out of people and gives it to the traitor. However it is very loud and holds only 2 charges. Each hit only gives 25 health back to the traitor
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 03:26:48 AM »

The landmine I actually thought about before but the rest of them, hell no.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 03:31:05 AM »

I kind of like the dart gun.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 03:50:28 AM »

The dart gun could be cool, but I'd make it blind them for a few seconds. Not sure if that would be over powering though.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 06:46:22 AM »

Oh god no landmine. As an innocent, that's practically the worst death I can think of.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 06:54:56 AM »

Oh god no landmine. As an innocent, that's practically the worst death I can think of.

What about a knife that lands on your ass?
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 07:20:50 AM »

Dart gun seems simple and easy. However, whatever effect that'd be chosen - "Drugged", blind, whatever, you'd further need player names removed, like the disguiser, for everyone.

I don't think it's particularly strong, either, so mayhaps a traitor could have quite a bit of ammo with it.
Pestoolio
Poster

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 07:50:01 AM »

I like the idea of a gun taking away the ability to see names/health for a very short period of time.
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 07:58:24 AM »

However, this interferes with the disguiser itself, too.

So maybe the dart gun has a awfully loud report and a slow firing speed, so it isn't to good to take down multiple people (Unless the drugged freaks out~) but still has plenty of ammo to keep a sense of longevity with it.

Thus, it will differ enough from the disguiser to make both useful. Alternatively, it could still show names and just make it a good combo together, though the disguiser doesn't even seem to be too terribly used much, sadly.
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 08:15:09 AM »

I wouldn't mind seeing a James Bond type gadget.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 08:51:14 AM »

I don't really like messing with people's vision or controls. The flashbang is the most hated weapon in CS for a good reason (see also: Valve nerfing TF2's Sandman stun).
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 05:46:58 PM »

Have you ever gotten the drugged effect? It still lets you see, sorta, but it's all... Ah... Psychedelic. Hopefully that's spelt right. Doesn't mess with controls, but does mess with the screen - You can still see and operate, however.
Staghorn
Poster

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 04:06:08 PM »

I have an idea for a weapon.

Bolas

One-shot, but can be retrieved.

When the bola is thrown, it whizzes through the air. When it hits someone, it knocks them flat for five seconds and knocks them back a bit. They take fall damage as usual.

On one hand, it's good for certain maps (canyon, island), it can be used to run away, and the people die (technically) from fall damage.  On the other hand, it has only one shot, doesn't instantly connect, and it's audible.

Although I suppose this does mess with their controls, so it might not be the best idea.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 05:23:24 PM »

Considering custom content is a no-no, how about an air cannon? Wait this is good, imma post it in the TTT main thread.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 06:57:36 PM »

A landmine might be fun if it's one of those "Once you stepped on them they won't blow up until you move again" types. Players would walk across it and hear a small *CLICK* and have to stop immediately or they'll get blown up.
Then they have to hope that someone is coming to rescue them
".... Oh hey... You there.... Please disarm the landmine under me .... Yes come closer please I won't harm you .... wait .... what are you doing there?.... you can't disarm a landmine with a silenced pistol you idi-"

Only then did the elves begin to suspect that the dwarves were not bringing any Amontillado.
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 08:31:35 PM »

A landmine might be fun if it's one of those "Once you stepped on them they won't blow up until you move again" types. Players would walk across it and hear a small *CLICK* and have to stop immediately or they'll get blown up.
Then they have to hope that someone is coming to rescue them
".... Oh hey... You there.... Please disarm the landmine under me .... Yes come closer please I won't harm you .... wait .... what are you doing there?.... you can't disarm a landmine with a silenced pistol you idi-"

I think this is brilliant. To give the innocent the opportunity to survive by having the landmine disarmed is pretty innovative. The only thing I would have to recommend is that a player should have a little bit of room in maneuver, ex: (2-3 steps). I'm not too sure how these things are coded but perhaps have a invisible radius like a "trigger_once" around the mine and if the player chooses to leave it, it blows up.

I would love to see this become implemented.
--------------------------------------------------------------

I do have an idea to offer im assuming has not been offered already:

Fake Health/Karma Adjuster

# of Uses: Unlimited.
Effect: Allows a player to alter their health and karma value displayed when another player looks at them. *This Doesn't Affect the Players True karma and Health*

The player using this device can switch their health to:
A) healthy
B) Wounded
C) Near Death

The same goes with the karma.

To control this, a customizable window would be provided like the Radio.

I think this would be very useful for a traitor whose been involved in a fight and is low in hp or wounded. This could also potentially reduce suspicion.

I currently believe this idea is sitting right on the line between either too cheap or not useful enough.

What are you thoughts and beliefs ppl?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 08:38:57 PM by Silverstream »
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Traitor Gadgets? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length