Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:19:36 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Excuses.
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Excuses.  (Read 11793 times)
Qloos
Poster

« on: December 24, 2009, 09:42:52 PM »

Dialog is an effective way of determining a traitor from an innocent.  Picking out strands of truth from this psychological game is mind full.

An excuse is a verbal means of avoiding something you don't want to do that you should, or giving a reason for a mistake you made to avoid punishment.  Sometimes owning up to your misdeed and explaining why you did it can ease the mind of the person questioning you.  While a poor excuse of simply saying "I didn't shoot him" when you're found inside a bloody room next to his corpse will arouse nothing but suspicion.

For example, I'm inside a room with someone, alone.  Obviously I shoot him in the back of the head.  Later his corpse is found, "Qloos did you shoot this innocent guy?" they demand.  "Yeah"  Flabbergasted by my admittal they demand "Why did you kill him?"  now this is the easy part,  "Oh, he was afk."  Of course this all goes out the window if you don't check the body.  Sometimes it's best to own up right after you kill him.

You can excuse yourself from checking a body, "It's too far away/it fell into the water/he was sniped and I don't want to fall to the same fate."  Excuse yourself from being in the company of others "I don't trust you/I'm gonna go look for bodies/I'm bored" 

A good excuse is more than just "Couldn't be"  It's "Couldn't be because" people who make excuses all the time will not be trusted.
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 10:22:39 PM »

Of course, there is a certain element of trustworthy-ness of a person, too.

I tend to try at the same bit, too. But people tend to think I am lying. I don't know why.

So it varies person to person, and how many times you do it.
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 11:23:17 PM »

Everytime I accuse someone useing solid evidence, the only thing they can say is "If you kill me its RDM.". I feel that people really dont understand the ACTUAL meaning to RDM (Random Death Match). I was player on Alters server the other day, I wont mention names but this is how I found out 2 people were traitor. Obviously there was this one guy knifed from behind, the knife was in his back and the knife part facing his back, obviously back stabbed so you can use "Last Seen". Then I find a body right behind him that was shotgunned, obviously he had his back against the wall and was shot from the front because of the blood stains position. I looked at the "Last Seen" and knew it, I said "Kill traitor1", the traitor2 tries to cover with him saying "No that's RDM. All you ever do is RDM xbye." and I end up killing Traitor1 and inspected his body and wadda ya know? Traitor. Next I find a body that was knifed, this time though he was knifed from the front, you could obviously see the knife sticking into the body from the front and the knife part pointing at his body in the front. I used "Last Seen" and saw it was traitor2 and told everyone to kill traitor2, he then started saying It would be RDM. We kill him and the round ends, during the end round and prep round he continuly says "All you friken do is RDM xbye, Stop RDMing.". I try to explain to him how it is not RDM but he just keeps complaining.

Next round, right off the bat he tells everyone to kill me because he suspects im the traitor. I tell him its RDM seeing as how there is no evidence in me being traitor, no one has even died yet but he continues to say im the traitor. He doesnt kill me but he was just being a sore loser constantly saying I was the traitor. I obviously was not though.

TL;DR: We need to explain to these damn people the actual defintion of RDM (Random Death Match).

EDIT- Sorry, I feel like ranting because I'm a little annoyed at these people. Now the same guy always has a shit attitude towards me and its annoying.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 11:25:03 PM by ball2hi »
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 03:46:29 AM »

I hate how you scream at the top of your lungs that it's some guy, and he kills you, and just saying "No I'm not" is enough to erase all suspicion.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Pestoolio
Poster

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 03:52:41 AM »

Having a mic is more useful as a traitor than ANY weapon you'll ever find.

As Ajunk said, simply denying it is enough to prevent your own death in most cases. Even if they know in their gut that it's you, just saying "whoah whoah no no no no don't kill me man" can actually deter some people.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 04:42:52 PM »

I find people believe text more than they believe voice chat. Just an observation.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 05:18:33 PM »

I find that a lot of people never to listen to what you say or type unless your talking directly to them.
So maybe you explain your innocence, or that you killed a traitor, or that YOU PICKED UP A TRAITOR WEAPON BECAUSE YOU KILLED A TRAITOR, but nobody listens a majority of the time.
Tyrant T100
Poster

The State sees all!

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 05:27:03 PM »

I hate how you scream at the top of your lungs that it's some guy, and he kills you, and just saying "No I'm not" is enough to erase all suspicion.

Or even worse when the traitor doesn't even say anything, and other innocents call him out before they die. Then some other innocents at the end are like "Hey so how come your injured?" They're promptly executed "Well you could of warned us about him, gees"

http://www.youtube.com/user/TyrantGrandburnin
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 05:30:59 PM »

Or even worse when the traitor doesn't even say anything, and other innocents call him out before they die. Then some other innocents at the end are like "Hey so how come your injured?" They're promptly executed "Well you could of warned us about him, gees"

My favorite. "Hey, Xbye, I got a secret." Me: "Wut?" him: "Im the traitor.." *Knifes Xbye*" "Hey, why are you in Xbye's reflection when he got knifed?"
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 08:01:46 PM »

(Last Words) Qloos: Balls2thewall is the traitor!
[Automated message which pushes my last words off screen]Enjoy playing at TDR?!  Add us to your favorites at *random IP number*
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 08:03:02 PM by Qloos »
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2009, 10:02:58 PM »

(Last Words) Qloos: Balls2thewall is the traitor!
[Automated message which pushes my last words off screen]Enjoy playing at TDR?!  Add us to your favorites at *random IP number*

Lol.
FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2009, 07:00:48 AM »

Whenever I have something relatively important to say, I make everyone shut up.

I mean, I YELL at them to shut their yaps and 'take their boyfriend's cocks out of their asses and suck on 'em for a bit' so I could talk.

Also, a really good tactic was witnessed by Aussie.

Aussie: FBC's the traitor!
FBC: -BANGBANG- SHUT UP AUSSIE, NO I'M NOT.

Got away with like six more kills before people started getting suspicious.

I hate everything that isnt boobs
except one pair of boobs which I hate too hate hate hate these are the boobs of betrayal
Aussie
Poster

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2009, 07:41:25 AM »

All I got out was yelling "FBC ITS-" Then I died. People discussed it for a while. No one thought it would be a good idea to check FBC. He killed almost everyone left.
FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2009, 07:47:21 AM »

kekeke

I hate everything that isnt boobs
except one pair of boobs which I hate too hate hate hate these are the boobs of betrayal
Trickster21
Poster

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 01:01:13 PM »

Worst was some guy I killed when I was traitor. He went absolutely mad, claiming I couldn't have known he wasn't also a traitor, and started spamming "RDM!" and trying to kill me for it. Facepalm cannot even behind to describe.
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 05:44:52 PM »

Me: Hey I'll trade my Mac10 for the Sniper.
Other guy: Sure.
*drops weapon*
*I unload a clip into their face*
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 06:01:54 PM »

If I absolutely know it's someone/have solid evidence and they're running around denying it, I won't hesitate to shoot them down. Even if it means my innocent friends shooting me down as well because they don't believe me (and won't check the body BEFORE killing me).

www.dnr-gaming.com
Broseidon, of the Brocean
Poster

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 05:29:16 AM »

Everytime I accuse someone useing solid evidence, the only thing they can say is "If you kill me its RDM.". I feel that people really dont understand the ACTUAL meaning to RDM (Random Death Match)...
TL;DR: We need to explain to these damn people the actual defintion of RDM (Random Death Match).

I'm glad you finally see the light about this issue, Xbye.

I've gotten a lot of my friends interested in TTT, and even when I explain the gamemode to people who don't have Gmod they still find it interesting. However, after playing it for a few months, we can all agree that this game's biggest flaw is the fact that it's a Garrys Mod gamemode. The average intelligence and maturity levels of Garrys Mod players really hurt it. Ontop of that, the psychological nature of this game requires a certain amount of emotional maturity that a lot of kids don't yet have. A large chunk of mainstream Gmod players are the guys with low self esteem who fancy their intelligence as their best quality, and are also very insecure about it.

When one of those guys plays as a traitor in TTT, and you kill him after letting him shoot first, it's not that big of a deal: he lost a gun fight; it's fair. But if you figure him out without him noticing, and you're clever enough to kill him without warning him first, you've just burned his soul. In his world, to let it go and accept it as a fair defeat would be to admit that he was outsmarted by a stranger (even if no one actually thinks that). And so then he tries to save his underdeveloped ego by finding ways to call foul, and trying to make up new rules in hopes that other players will make the game easier for him by dumbing themselves down to his level, instead of just allowing himself to spend more time playing the game and learning about the psychological aspect.

Unfortunately, a lot of those children have ass-kissed their way into becoming admins, and thus those rules are now official on many TTT servers.

And thus, the term RDM was invented. Not to be confused with "rdm" (which stands for "random deathmatch," or killing people indiscriminately as an innocent), "RDM" stands for "killing a traitor after figuring him out without him noticing, and not warning him or letting him get the first shot off before you eliminate him. Because I'm an admin (or friends with an admin, or just a sore loser) and thus you're not allowed to make me lose without my warning or consent!"
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 05:42:34 AM by Broseidon, of the Brocean »
Swiftfreddy
Poster

Party bus will reign supreme

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 12:54:42 AM »

This is why the gamemode was 7 times as fun when it started, and the one server was full with ZM forumites/SK players.

Man I miss those days.
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2010, 05:13:45 AM »

Unfortunately, a lot of those children have ass-kissed their way into becoming admins, and thus those rules are now official on many TTT servers.

I know only one and hes a pretty cool guy.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
Pages: [1] 2
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Excuses. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length