Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 04:31:55 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in cs_office: CS:S map rearming project
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Trouble in cs_office: CS:S map rearming project  (Read 20063 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« on: December 20, 2009, 04:51:17 PM »

I have a dream that one day all CS:S maps will have nice weapon and player spawns in TTT, out of the box. This thread is here to track this project of creating weapon placement scripts for all CS:S maps.

No doubt some of them are not well suited to TTT, but it would be great to at least have them somewhat playable, so people can get the idea of the gamemode without having to download a bunch of custom maps.

If you're going to work on placements for one of them, post in this thread so I can note it down in the list. That way, we don't have 5 people doing cs_office simultaneously.

Tips/strong recommendations
- Include at least 24 player spawns spread out over the map. 32 is good too.
- Try to have sufficient weapons for about 20-24 players. Does not have to be a primary weapon, though keep in mind people who already have a gun could nab a pistol too.

Map list
cs_assault - DONE, by JossiRossi
cs_compound - DONE, by JossiRossi
cs_havana - DONE, by JossiRossi
cs_italy - DONE, by Broadsword
cs_militia - DONE, by JossiRossi
cs_office - DONE, by Broadsword
de_aztec - DONE, by eeny
de_cbble - DONE, by eeny
de_chateau - DONE, by eeny
de_dust - DONE, by BKU
de_dust2 - DONE, by that guy
de_inferno - DONE, by Ajunk
de_nuke - DONE, by Ajunk
de_piranesi - DONE, by that guy
de_port - DONE, by Ajunk
de_prodigy - DONE, by that guy
de_tides - DONE, by BKU
de_train - DONE, by worbat

That's a bunch of maps.

Also check out JossiRossi's thread for non-CS:S map rearming scripts. I copied "rearm" from there, nice term.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 08:18:24 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 05:22:57 PM »

I'll take the first 3 on the list and do them in a bit. So cs_assault, cs_compound, cs_havana I'll handle. Then we can go from there.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 05:30:14 PM »

Cool, updated the list.
Broadsword
Build Tester

Upgrade to Sheep-on-Meth Today!

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 05:33:49 PM »

I'll try the next three. This looks simple enough. I'm not promising they will be good though.

LINE PIEEEEEECE!
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 05:34:44 PM »

dips on these three:
de_aztec
de_cbble
de_chateau

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 05:43:15 PM »

Updated the list.

If it turns out you can't do one or you run into issues, we can handle that later. You can always give a partially done script to someone else, who can then import it and edit the placements.

Something you might want to consider is using GMod's save function. If you run into difficulties with, for example, exporting the file, you can always send the save to me or someone else for exporting. It's of course also useful for regular backups in case you crash.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 06:00:11 PM »

I will work on:
Inferno
Nuke
Port

You're all the most fucking heartless people
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 06:03:09 PM »

Bags train.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 06:12:34 PM »

Make sure you use the v201209b version I just put up, because the previous one does not export the script properly.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 06:14:51 PM »

Got it.

Broadsword
Build Tester

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 06:47:51 PM »

For whatever reason exporting the file does not work for whatever reason . To compound this gmod did not even save the game. I think my gmod is broken but for now I can't help.

Make sure you use the v201209b version I just put up, because the previous one does not export the script properly.

Oh fuck. Right after I finish my map and delete gmod because I think it's broken.
Oh well, I guess I can still do my three maps.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 06:49:51 PM by Broadsword »

LINE PIEEEEEECE!
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 07:23:08 PM »

Now, it's not overly creative but for the assault map I put in all the spawns and then put down all randomized weapons and ammo. Do you think this would be fine to do? The maps I've seen have good flow but there's little reason to put specific weapons in specific locations really. If this is going to be bundled with the mod I want to make sure that would be an ok practice.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Broadsword
Build Tester

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 07:44:06 PM »

http://www.filefront.com/15178405/cs_italy_ttt.txt
That's italy. I put most of the ammo in the market area so people will have to go out, find a weapon and then go back to the market area. Should make things a bit different.

We should set up a server to test these all on. Maybe catbarf could help us wit hthat.

LINE PIEEEEEECE!
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2009, 08:17:05 PM »

My damn gmod is being stupid, so it might be a bit before I am able to get cracking.

On a side note, I think inferno will be one of the best TTT CSS maps we use. It's big and maze-like and has a ton of side routes, but not too big. Port will be a sniper's paradise, christ, it's so open.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2009, 08:32:24 PM »

edit: The nice thing about CS:S maps is that they feel big without actually being huge, they have multiple paths everywhere, and they just look nice.

Now, it's not overly creative but for the assault map I put in all the spawns and then put down all randomized weapons and ammo. Do you think this would be fine to do? The maps I've seen have good flow but there's little reason to put specific weapons in specific locations really. If this is going to be bundled with the mod I want to make sure that would be an ok practice.

It's a start, but the main problem is that you could have rounds where a lot of the random weapons end up as grenades or HUGEs. Perhaps you could have half your weapons as normal weapons with the appropriate ammo, and the other half random.

Personally I just walk through a map, putting guns with their ammo in sensible places as I go (corners, on benches, etc). I try to vary the types a bit, and occasionally pop random ammo/weapons here and there. It's time consuming, and quite hard to stuff in enough guns, but I think the end result is effective. I can probably tone down the guns slightly, in de_tides that I just did, I had 20 primaries and 20 pistols. I basically try to balance for 24 players (which many gmod servers run) without there being tons of primaries lying around when you're with 16 (which is still the ideal max).

On that note, I have a slightly updated version of the tool with a button to count the guns and playerspawns and print it to the chat, so it'll say "X primaries; X secondaries; X nades, X players", etc. I could upload it if that seems useful (it is to me). You can get the same info from report_entities with slightly more effort of course.

http://www.filefront.com/15178405/cs_italy_ttt.txt
That's italy. I put most of the ammo in the market area so people will have to go out, find a weapon and then go back to the market area. Should make things a bit different.

We should set up a server to test these all on. Maybe catbarf could help us wit hthat.

Thanks, I've marked it done on the list. From a glance at the script it looks solid, I'll run around in it tomorrow or so.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 08:40:01 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 08:37:24 PM »

Is there a way to test out what spawns? Like a simulate system?

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 08:43:04 PM »

Well, you could load the map in TTT I suppose. What would you want to test about it? It'll be a different weapon every round. It can be any of the entities you can place with the tool, except ammo and player spawns.
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 08:53:58 PM »

Dibs on de_dust2.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 08:56:57 PM »

http://www.mediafire.com/?uyjzdv2ug1e Train. It's all random weapons. 25-26 and 80 + ammo with 24 spawns for players minimum. I redo the weapons if it fails drastic though.

my god
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2009, 11:09:52 PM »

I can do de_piranesi to.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in cs_office: CS:S map rearming project « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length