Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 04:40:33 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [release] ttt_amsterville_final2
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: [release] ttt_amsterville_final2  (Read 19657 times)
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« on: December 19, 2009, 08:54:02 PM »

Hello everyone! :)
I bring you ttt_amsterville_final2!

[size=10pt]Final2
Fixed the missing texture in the gift shop
Fixed the nodraw texture in the police station
Fixed the ladder on the hotel.
Tweaked a few textures in the gun shop to make things look a little nicer.

Final
-Returned/retextured the computer store and added a second entrance/exit.
-Slightly redesigned and retextured the hotel, added balconies and limited roof access.
-Changed some textures in various other places in the map.
-Had some of the sign textures changed. (thanks thelastlambda).
-Replaced brush-made "props" with actual props.
-Fixed floating sign in the train station.
-Added motor sounds to the APCs by the train station.
-Added more grenades and a few more guns.

Screenshots:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3251338/TTT/Maps/amster/currentrelease/screens/ttt_amsterville_final0.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3251338/TTT/Maps/amster/currentrelease/screens/ttt_amsterville_final1.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3251338/TTT/Maps/amster/currentrelease/screens/ttt_amsterville_final2.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3251338/TTT/Maps/amster/currentrelease/screens/ttt_amsterville_rc10005.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3251338/TTT/Maps/amster/currentrelease/screens/ttt_amsterville_rc10006.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3251338/TTT/Maps/amster/currentrelease/screens/ttt_amsterville_rc10007.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3251338/TTT/Maps/amster/currentrelease/screens/ttt_amsterville_rc10008.jpg

Download Links:
Direct Download:

Garrysmod.org:

Credits go to F. Kalkman AKA Smartzenegger for being so awesome and releasing an opensource map!
Also, thanks to thelastlambda for editing some textures for me!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 07:05:15 AM by C.Mong »

www.dnr-gaming.com
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 10:59:19 PM »

The discombobulator is called weapon_ttt_confgrenade, looks like a frag nade. It worked when I made de_dust weapon spawns earlier today for the guide I'll be posting tomorrow. Is there anything specific that happens when you place them?

There will be a new release tomorrow with an update to the tool addon, so it might fix itself then.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 11:03:32 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 12:04:24 AM »

When I place it the discombobulator will sit anywhere: on a wall, on the ceiling, it just sticks. When I load up the map and play it doesn't show up. I looked in the .txt file created and the location for the discombobulator doesn't show up, just says "0.000 0.000 0.000" on all lines for "weapon_ttt_confgrenade".
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 12:05:26 AM by C.Mong »

www.dnr-gaming.com
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 12:07:48 AM »

Looks great.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 07:00:15 AM »

Uploaded it up on DNR.  Gonna try it later looks great.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 09:06:24 AM »

When I place it the discombobulator will sit anywhere: on a wall, on the ceiling, it just sticks. When I load up the map and play it doesn't show up. I looked in the .txt file created and the location for the discombobulator doesn't show up, just says "0.000 0.000 0.000" on all lines for "weapon_ttt_confgrenade".

Odd, almost sounds like discombobulator physics model isn't working. Do you have CS:S installed or are you using a compatibility pack?

One thing you could do is place smoke grenades where you want the discomb to be, and then replace "weapon_ttt_smokegrenade" with "weapon_ttt_confgrenade" in the text file.

First I'd just try it with the updated version that I'll be putting up in a bit.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 01:15:33 PM »

^Seems my next purchase should be CS:S, no more of this rigging it to get it all working (even if it generally does work fine)

Anyway, quick update to the weapon script to be compatible with v201209, plus other script changes, no map changes.

b1b:

[li]updated the weapon script for compatibility with v201209[/li]
    [li]added more weapons do to apparent complaints that "there isn't enough weapons/ammo". I don't want to hear any bitching. 372 placements is damn plenty.[/li]
    [li]discombobulators fixed[/li]

Download Link:
<Link removed, please download the latest version!>
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 10:18:02 AM by C.Mong »

www.dnr-gaming.com
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 01:42:34 PM »

Anyway, quick update to the weapon script to be compatible with v201209, plus other script changes, no map changes.

Then what's the use in renaming the map to b1b?

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 07:31:08 PM »

Then what's the use in renaming the map to b1b?

When I did that I decided even if it's a script change it's a big enough change to warrant a name change, because I don't want anyone using the older script if they're going to be playing this map. I could have just as easily posted a link to an updated script, but I figure packing them together and just upping the version from a to b to show some sort of update has less of a chance of multiple versions of the script floating around unless people _really_ want to use the older one.

www.dnr-gaming.com
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 08:01:16 PM »

You'd force clients to re-download a 50 mb map, bit overkill if you ask me.
Generally server hosters will check map threads when they are updated.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 11:24:11 PM »

Also another thing you have to be careful with when you rename maps. I believe it kills the cubemaps in a map if you rename it to something else then its original name. I'm unsure if this map uses cubemaps or if you ever recompiled it?

C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 11:36:12 PM »

^I've recompiled it. Yes. I believe everything is fine there.

www.dnr-gaming.com
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 02:30:24 AM »

Alright, one more update today to the map. Medium sized one?

b2

[li]Completely new weapon placement, not as overwhelming[/li][li]
      [li]ttt_random_weapon and ttt_random_ammo used in some spots[/li]
      [li]Less weapons in more subtle but noticeable places. (no, you won't be without a weapon)[/li]
    [/li]
    [li]Vending machines no longer spawn soda cans, causing the server to lag when spammed.[/li]
    [li]Some cosmetic changes, added props, large open street near train station now has vehicle props in and about it.[/li]
    [li]Removed admin room(s) entirely, seeing as there is no need for it. Reduced file size by 2MB :3[/li]
    [li]Removed Teleporter exits from admin room, useless.[/li]
    [li]Player clips adjusted, added, and removed.[/li]
    [li]Removed remaining health chargers and HEV suit chargers, as well as ammo boxes in gun shop.[/li]
    [li]Also removed some HL2 world items. (Gravity Gun, Super Grav Gun, etc.)[/li]

Download Link:

I'll be working on the map still, and unless this one proves to be unstable I'm going to be doing some major work from here on out (which means less updates, but bigger changes).
I think I might want to add some sort of test chamber in the future.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 10:18:10 AM by C.Mong »

www.dnr-gaming.com
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2009, 03:58:12 AM »

This is a pretty significant update, fixes some map breaking bugs:

b3

[li]Removed riot shield in police department[/li]
    [li]Disabled the vending machines I missed, they no longer spawn cans.[/li]
    [li]Made some sliding doors open via touch due to weird bug where use wouldn't open them.[/li]
    [li]Tweaked with some brushes.[/li]
    [li]Removed a room that just seemed very useless. (to the left of the clinic in b2 and earlier.).[/li]
    [li]Fixed roof/out of map exploit.[/li]
    [li]Crowbars no longer open jail cells.[/li]
    [li]Disabled bridge, bridge is now breakable.[/li]
    [li]Alarms only sound when button is pressed, glass breaking no longer causes them to turn on.[/li]
    [li]Changed skybox and light_environment.[/li]
    [li]Made some prop_physics so spectators can mess with some more props.[/li]
    [li]Used STOOL to place player spawns, added weapons/ammo in a few more spots.[/li]

Download Link:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 10:18:16 AM by C.Mong »

www.dnr-gaming.com
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2009, 04:00:55 AM »

Nooo, the riot shield D':. It was such a useful weapon.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2009, 04:04:11 AM »

Nooo, the riot shield D':. It was such a useful weapon.

If there's enough people asking for it back I'll put it back, but as it was it was able to glitch doors pretty well.

www.dnr-gaming.com
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2010, 06:55:46 AM »

Alright! Here we go..

b4
-Night! Like everyone asked for. Skybox isn't beautiful but it works well I think.
-Lit streetlights.
-Added a vent above the garage to help prevent camping and a secondary access / exit.
-Added second entrance/exit to police station.
-Added a vent between both houses next to the hotel to help prevent camping.
-Put the riot sheild back due to popular demand.
-Scattered spawnpoints around the map, no longer use the STOOL tool for spawns.
-Explosive barrels near dock don't respawn constantly now.
-Removed all alarms.
-Removed another buildings interior.

Download Link:

The only major issue I'm having is the bushes don't seem to cast shadows, even though I tried multiple things to get it to work. I'll fix it in the next version.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 10:18:24 AM by C.Mong »

www.dnr-gaming.com
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 01:36:53 PM »

woo! The riot sheild is back! :D

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 01:34:47 AM »

If I may make a suggestion, there is this thing on garrysmod.org that alternates day and night.  That would seem awesome if it could work. Also my other suggestion is to add back alarm sounds only if a person clicks them.  This sometimes helps alert other plays to your position if your in trouble.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2010, 04:21:08 AM »

I might not do it firespray, I've never been a fan of unrealistic changing between night and day in video games. Rounds aren't long enough to make it realistic at all.

Anyway, next version will probably be out tonight or tomorrow sometime. Some nice changes too. and a few neat little surprises.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Pages: [1] 2 3
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [release] ttt_amsterville_final2 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length