Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:57:53 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Suggested player to Ban on Sight (BoS) "[DU]Reaper"
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Suggested player to Ban on Sight (BoS) "[DU]Reaper"  (Read 16533 times)
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2009, 10:25:12 PM »

I noticed this, generally I see this as random bullshit. Furthermore I'm running some DoS security already, of course DDoS can become a problem.
Crashing I sort of doubt atm.

The way I see it, the more idiots packed together in one group. The easier it makes us to ban them all.
Keep in mind that generally they exploit simple security holes in source. Course this is usually done by someone who knows his way around with hacking but the general hack kiddy, simply uses a released exploit which in term gets blocked relatively fast.

Regarding a solution for people like this. Well simply put there ain't one. You will always have people out there who have nothing better to do with their life then to annoy someone else. I don't think valve cares much if you would report this to them.
I also noticed some of them are vac banned, if you do run in some trouble. Enabling VAC might be an useful solution.

VAC is enblaed by default, problem is VAC doesnt work on Garry's Mod because otherwise everyone who played Garry's Mod would have their VAC banned. Thats from what I understand. I guess we could just ban them all, is there an easy way to ban an entire group without having to go through each of their pages and convert them into steam ID's and put those in 1b1?
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 10:33:25 PM »

sourcebans has this function. Alternatively I could export my banlist into a txt file which might be of some use to you.
And yeah I forgot that vac is per game now and not global. Why they did this is beyond me. Once a cheater always a cheater.

Edit*

The bans solely from their group:

http://www.theicecave.net/files/banned_user.cfg
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 10:35:50 PM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2009, 10:54:25 PM »

sourcebans has this function. Alternatively I could export my banlist into a txt file which might be of some use to you.
And yeah I forgot that vac is per game now and not global. Why they did this is beyond me. Once a cheater always a cheater.

Edit*

The bans solely from their group:

http://www.theicecave.net/files/banned_user.cfg

Just do what I did, make a site so that everoyne can see it hahaha.

EDIT-
Sadly the bans will not be of much use to me seeing as how Soduka's server is gone.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 11:12:44 PM by ball2hi »
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2009, 11:33:22 PM »

Well we do got. http://server.theicecave.net/sourcebans/

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2009, 11:35:01 PM »

Well we do got. http://server.theicecave.net/sourcebans/

Good god that site hurts my eyes lol. (Not trying to insult ya.)
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2009, 11:45:40 PM »

No worries I didn't make the layout lol. Anyhow you might want to check your brightness settings as its just plain white.

ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2009, 11:50:53 PM »

Just had a Convo with a friend that I seemed to mix up and I thought I'd let you all know so that you're all not confused.

Players Name has been Removed for obvious reasons.

Xbye: Just a heads up
XBYEFRIEND: yess?
Xbye: Gamerz Unlimited just got banned by by TheIcecave in a group ban.
XBYEFRIEND: K
XBYEFRIEND: WhY?
Xbye: Group of hackers that have been harrasing the TTT server community.
Xbye: by crashing our servers
XBYEFRIEND: It's not us
Xbye: Rofl, it is, trust me.
XBYEFRIEND: It's DU not GU
XBYEFRIEND: It's not.
Xbye: This is the group Reaper and Sadistic are admins of right?
Xbye: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Gamerz_Unlimited
XBYEFRIEND: That DU
Xbye: It says GU to me lol
XBYEFRIEND: That's*
XBYEFRIEND: IT's DU, I think I would know my own clan
Xbye: Ok im a little confused
XBYEFRIEND: Sadistic is an EX GU
Xbye: Well w/e it is. this group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Gamerz_Unlimited just got banned by the Icecave and the rest of the TTT community is watching them.
XBYEFRIEND: He's a butthurt hacker.
XBYEFRIEND: Tha'ts good then
XBYEFRIEND: DramaUnlimited = DU = Hackers
XBYEFRIEND: I'm not DU and never will be
Xbye: lol

In otherwords, dont get [DU] and [GU] mixed up even though the [DU] group has its clan called "Gamerz Unlimited".
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2009, 11:59:06 PM »

Frankly couldn't care that much if it was the wrong group. Any group that spreads information about grieving happily deserves to be banned.
Unless I'm missing something and this group actually does nothing wrong  ::)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 12:00:37 AM by FF|NedStar »

ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2009, 12:06:23 AM »

Frankly couldn't care that much if it was the wrong group. Any group that spreads information about grieving happily deserves to be banned.
Unless I'm missing something and this group actually does nothing wrong  ::)

Lemme sum it up here.

[DU] broke off from [GU] but [DU] hates [GU] so [DU] hacks thier servers and crash them. Most of [DU] are greiving hackers. [DU] has their steam group named [Gamerz Unlimited] but are not to be confused with the group [GU].

FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2009, 12:17:48 AM »

Most of [DU] are grieving hackers.

In that case I see no reason to lift the bans.
Thanks for the info.

lynx
Poster

[VD-Owner]

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2010, 09:32:56 PM »

This may be a bit of a necro bump, but...

[DU] is a group led by X1L3D and Sadistic Slayer, which goes into servers and acts like dicks/minges/idiots.  The different things they do are:
- Exploit
- Aimbot
- DDoS servers
- DDoS players

They have 3 main DDoS'ers: PCWizDan, Reaper, and Avaster.  Avaster is more of a free agent but hangs with them.  Each DDoS they run is AT LEAST 10,000 clients.  If you ban one, they remove you from the internet.

There are a few ways to block them:
- Those stated
As well as one which I am currently implementing on my own server:

Using the gmsv_gatekeeper module, just have a piece of lua in /lua/autorun/server/ that has a check on name ( if "[DU]" in name then ) and a IP ban as well as a steamid ban through a system (I plan on using SQL in addition to txt files.)

Venatus Defero Owner
Pulsar Effect Admin
Drunken_Bro
Poster

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2010, 07:17:05 AM »

First off, what the fuck if griefers/non-griefers use DU tags? (example of a dufag with no tag: STEAM_0:1:24318110 this guy along with others claimed to be from DU without a DU tag.)
Secondly, if you're going to IP ban every single IP with a DU tag. Couldn't they just tell people to put on the tag when they join your server? Griefing without even having to join. Good job on telling everyone about it too on the forums, because OBVIOUSLY griefers don't know how to read.

Seriously, stupid ideas. Horrible.

yes your idea pissed me off so much that i had to sign up and tell you how dumb it is. i was that annoyed.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 07:24:39 AM by Drunken_Bro »
Killroy
Build Tester

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2010, 11:38:46 AM »

Because there are other places to talk about it?

I clicked on that link, but quickly closed the tab before it loaded upon realizing that the file name was whalecock.jpg.
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2010, 11:34:45 PM »

First off, what the fuck if griefers/non-griefers use DU tags? (example of a dufag with no tag: STEAM_0:1:24318110 this guy along with others claimed to be from DU without a DU tag.)
Secondly, if you're going to IP ban every single IP with a DU tag. Couldn't they just tell people to put on the tag when they join your server? Griefing without even having to join. Good job on telling everyone about it too on the forums, because OBVIOUSLY griefers don't know how to read.

yes your idea pissed me off so much that i had to sign up and tell you how dumb it is. i was that annoyed.

Yeah see here, only griefers and people alike would join DU in the first place.  I don't see any reason why they should not be banned.  Even in their group page it says selling aimbots and crap.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 01:56:44 PM »

Yep, any community selling aimbots deserves to be globally vac banned.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 03:52:32 PM »

When people from the community repeatedly join a server and crash it immediately something has to be done...
Nel
Poster

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2010, 09:43:15 PM »

You see, we don't IP ban each person that comes in, you just IP ban the GROUP, and it handles all of that for you.
Pages: 1 [2]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Suggested player to Ban on Sight (BoS) "[DU]Reaper" « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length