Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:20:39 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Mapping Q&A
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13
Author Topic: Mapping Q&A  (Read 236811 times)
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2010, 11:02:15 AM »

If anyone requires this, I've uploaded my custom GameConfig.txt. It works perfectly for GMOD since I do not actually own any orange box game.

Step 1. Download the GameConfig.txt from the provided link.
http://www.mediafire.com/?zmqjykkkjzm

Step 2. Place the gameconfig.txt into your:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\xxxxxxx\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin folder"

Step 3. Replace all of the "xxxxxxxx" areas in the "GameConfig.txt" with your steam account name

Step 4. Edit any of the settings within Valve Hammers "Options" Menu. Thats it!

Now, when you open Valve Hammer, under the "Orange Box" menu you will see "GMOD/TTT".

Enjoy!
jenos
Poster

« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2010, 08:01:16 PM »

Thanks for telling me what that tells me.

Before i start, thank you bad
And meta, its pretty straight forward, u played counterstrike yet? and are you sure you have counter strike source and not just counterstrike? Go here if you want to see a video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPTqbrRQsbI
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2010, 03:08:20 PM »

Wow, thank you so much. I was helpless without that.

Also, thank you anyways jenos, you tried to help me.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2010, 05:56:44 PM »

Glad I could help Meta - Stick.

Also, I was wondering if anyone here has downloaded the "Count Down Timer" created by Comrade Joe from the Zombiemaster thread:
http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=3842.0

All the download links in that thread are inactive and it seems that Comrade Joe hasn't been active since September 5th 2008. Therefore, if someone could upload it and post the download link, I would very much so appreciate it.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 05:58:17 PM by Silverstream »
chaos985
Poster

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2010, 06:53:46 AM »

ok, just picked up this mod, have a question on map building.

The spawnpoint entity people tend to use is info_player_deathmatch. Technically other spawn ents will work equally well, but there's little reason to use them over that one. Do not use info_player_start, though.

I dont have player_deathmatch, only player_start.

what am i missing?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2010, 07:20:52 AM »

You are presumably missing the ttt.fgd in Hammer.
chaos985
Poster

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2010, 09:56:00 PM »

cool, thanks.

also, when im opening up source, i dont have a gmod specific file, so im just using cs:source, will that setup provide me with only textures/objects that other players will be able to see?
Dr. KillPatient
Poster

Rawr.

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2010, 11:13:58 PM »

For some reason my ttt_traitorcheck refuses to work even though it's set up the same as any other traitor checker (I've decompiled several maps to check) in single player. I tried TheThing in singleplayer and its traitor checker doesn't work either, so it may just be my Gmod. I have the latest version of TTT though...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 11:16:27 PM by Dr. KillPatient »

Immolators are exactly like Cadillacs. They make a loud noise and then they burst into flames.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2010, 08:20:39 AM »

I would strongly recommend using ttt_logic_role with a standard trigger entity, it's newer and less clunky to set up. The ttt_traitorcheck.vmf (in /gamemodes/terrortown/) has an example of how to use it (next to the example for the old system with ttt_traitor_check).

Try compiling that .vmf and see if either example works.
LeftHandedMoth
Poster

Minister of Umbrellas.

« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2010, 04:49:12 PM »

I have a question.
I created a scenario where a traitor (and possibly innocent) could teleport himself and other objects to certain destinations. But I was wondering, could he teleport C4? That would be awesome, if he just sent C4 to the destination and have no one know. So that's my question.

Dude you mumble a lot.

Fuck you.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2010, 05:49:12 PM »

C4 is just an entity (ttt_c4), so in a general sense it should be possible. The real question is whether an armed C4 would work. C4 motion disables itself and welds to the ground when armed. I don't know if it would still work in that situation, so you'd just have to test it out.
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2010, 08:22:39 PM »

C4 is just an entity (ttt_c4), so in a general sense it should be possible. The real question is whether an armed C4 would work. C4 motion disables itself and welds to the ground when armed. I don't know if it would still work in that situation, so you'd just have to test it out.

Is it the same entity though?

It doesn't turn into a different entity upon arming right? If it doesn't then it should definitely be possible with a trigger_teleport set to accept everything.

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2010, 08:26:29 PM »

It does not turn into a different entity, no. It's the same one, motion disabled and attached to the ground with a weld constraint (assuming it's planted on brushwork).
LeftHandedMoth
Poster

Minister of Umbrellas.

« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2010, 08:27:49 AM »

Only if you right click, right?
If you just throw it you could still probably move it around.

Dude you mumble a lot.

Fuck you.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2010, 08:39:20 AM »

Not after it is armed.
LeftHandedMoth
Poster

Minister of Umbrellas.

« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2010, 02:19:24 PM »

Darn. Oh well.
One more question: I am missing "ttt_traitorcheck" in my entity list. I wanted to make a door where if a traitor opens it, it opens and a light turns red. I had to use a "ttt_logic_role" but it still doesn't work. Any advice?

Dude you mumble a lot.

Fuck you.
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2010, 03:02:23 AM »

After reading a  thread on interlopers which involves using logic_cases and logic_compares to randomly generate a 4-digit combination for a keypad, I went ahead and attempted to do this myself.

I used an animated number texture on 4 func_brushes with their individual env_texturetoggle's to switch them to their appropriate numbers between 0 - 9 which was generated by 4 individual logic_cases.

After each logic_case generated a number, they provided 4 logic_compares with the numbers chosen and set them as their setCompareValue's.

The combination is visible to the player via the 4 func_brushes, so the player simply needs to punch in the 4-digit code via a keypad which contains func_buttons with the numbers 0 - 9 and a reset button "R".

Now as for how the comparing works between the func_buttons and the logic_compares, I chose a relatively easy yet repetitive path.

I had 4 math counters for each button with their Max Values of 1, 2, 3 and 4 respectively. This amounts to 40 math_counters. (OMG!)

Every time you click a func_button on the keypad, it Adds 1 to each counter.

Since there are 4 counters for each button, they are each responsible for comparing to all 4 of the logic compares.

For example:

If I click the func_button labelled "1" on the keypad it executes the following:

1. Add 1 to the 1st math counter for the first button
2. Add 2 to the 2nd math counter for the first button
3. Add 3 to the 3rd math counter for the first button
4. Add 4 to the 4th math counter for the first button

Each math counter does the following:

1. The 1st math counter outputs "setValue" of "1" to the first logic_compare responsible for the 1st digit of the combination. It then outputs a comparison for the first logic_compare between the "Initial Value (which is now changed), and the compare value".

2. The 2nd math counter outputs "setValue" of "1" to the second logic_compare responsible for the 2nd digit of the combination. It then outputs a comparison for the second logic_compare between the "Initial Value (which is now changed), and the compare value".

3. The 3rd math counter outputs "setValue" of "1" to the third logic_compare responsible for the 3rd digit of the combination. It then outputs a comparison for the third logic_compare between the "Initial Value (which is now changed), and the compare value".

4. The 4th math counter outputs "setValue" of "1" to the fourth logic_compare responsible for the 4th digit of the combination. It then outputs a comparison for the fourth logic_compare between the "Initial Value (which is now changed), and the compare value".

You can imagine how extensive this is amongst all 10 of the buttons (0 - 9).

Now, if a comparison made "isEqualTo" then the logic_compare being used adds 1 to another math counter. Once this counter reaches its max value of "4" then a sound is played notifying the player that the code entered is correct.

The problem I am experiencing here is that these logic_compares are not having their initial values changed through the "setValue" parameter via the 4 math counters per func_button on the keypad.

I know I've written a lot and some of this might be incoherent so I've provided you all with the .bsp, .vmf and custom textures used.

I would severely appreciate it if someone could spend a few minutes assessing this and provide before me a solution. I've tried everything which includes:

- Numerously changing the delays between comparing and setting Values.
- Utilizing the "sv_developer 2" mode and using the "ent_dump" command to see if the logic_compares are in fact getting their values.

Please note: I have in-game used the "ent_fire" command and manually inserted each logic_compare with a "setValue" equal to their compare values and then executed the "comparison" to see if it actually worked. It Did. So something I did back in Source Hammer isn't working and I cannot seem to figure it out.

Thank you very much for being patient as you read this message. Yes I know it was long.

EDIT: Problem Has been Solved!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 03:04:46 AM by Silverstream »
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2010, 03:47:55 AM »

I made a device that can destroy bodies and gmod really seems to dislike it. This error starts spamming the console uncontrollably.

ERROR: GAMEMODE:'CalcView' Failed: gamemodes\terrortown\gamemode\cl_fretta_must_die.lua:69: attempt to call method 'GetActiveWeapon' (a nil value)

What happens is a trigger_hurt kills the player, then the body drops into a trigger_multiple that "OnStartTouch; !activator; kill" to remove the body (or any other possible item as well). The error only occurs for player corpses and as far as I can tell nothing else.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2010, 08:09:22 AM »

I would expect there to be an earlier, different error, perhaps directly preceding the spam. Because that particular error doesn't really make sense.

See if you can find anything in the console (will have to disconnect quickly to prevent the spam from pushing out older text). If not, upload it somewhere so I can take a look.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2010, 03:26:16 PM »

Det. James Rossi was killed by trigger_hurt
Warning: killicon not found 'trigger_hurt'
ERROR: GAMEMODE:'CalcView' Failed: gamemodes\base\gamemode\cl_init.lua:443: attempt to call method 'GetVehicle' (a nil value)
Hook 'WeightWorldTip' Failed: ...\weightstool\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\weight.lua:131: attempt to call method 'GetActiveWeapon' (a nil value)
ERROR: GAMEMODE:'HUDPaint' Failed: gamemodes\base\gamemode\cl_targetid.lua:9: attempt to call method 'GetCursorAimVector' (a nil value)
ERROR: GAMEMODE:'CalcView' Failed: gamemodes\base\gamemode\cl_init.lua:443: attempt to call method 'GetVehicle' (a nil value)

Managed to get the first things before the error spam. So first I am killed, this causes my corpse to drop into the trigger_multiple which causes the subsequent errors.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Mapping Q&A « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length