Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:17:26 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Mapping Q&A
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13
Author Topic: Mapping Q&A  (Read 236789 times)
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2010, 01:50:33 AM »

That's great, now all those bugged ropes should be just the way they were intended to look. Also, it's completely possible to re-parent things like that in Hammer and test them before you even release an update. As a matter of fact I'll try it right now.

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
gorge bosch
Poster

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2010, 04:27:04 AM »

I noticed something with ambient_generic entities in Hammer, or just sounds in general: If you put the sound name in the sound field, it'll work fine in single player but not in multiplayer. However, if you put in the actual file path (listed below the sound name in the sound browser) it'll work in MP too. It's strange. I don't know if it's just TTT or just GMod or if it's the whole Source engine but I thought it might be good for people to know.
Vitriolic
Poster

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2010, 01:03:28 PM »

How do I import the CS:S models and textures and stuff while I'm editing in Ep2?  I can load up ttt.fgd just fine and use all the TTT entities, but I can't figure out how to import all the CS:S content.

I tried getting around it by mapping in CS:S and loading up ttt.fgd but the TTT entities don't appear on the list after I add them to configuration while editing in CS:S, and info_player_deathmatch (or any other working spawn entities) isn't a spawn entity when you edit in CS:S.

Just a little confused since it says here that
you will probably want to select Episode 2 in the Source SDK launcher, so that you get the new version of Hammer etc."
  And then
Note that TTT requires CS:S, but does not require Episode 2. Hence you should not use Ep2 materials and models, but you can use CS:S stuff if you want.

Any alternatives are cool too, I just like a lot of the CS:S props and textures and I've never had to do this in my two years of mapping so it would be nice to learn.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2010, 01:50:10 PM »

The idea is that you could use the Ep2 (ie. Orange Box) version of Hammer while avoiding Ep2-only content. How to use CS:S content in that environment I don't know. I do not know much about Hammer.

I have no problems getting TTT entities in the CS:S Hammer config though. I did it just now by taking the CS:S configuration, adding the TTT FGD, and loading a map. All TTT entities were in the list.
Vitriolic
Poster

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2010, 01:57:05 PM »

I see.  I guess I'll give it another shot then.
TheDmac
Poster

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2010, 05:56:40 AM »

Anyway to make a detecive only door? Just like how some traitors have traitor rooms, i'm after a detective room.

www.VersonoGaming.net
Australia TTT Server - Custom Content.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2010, 05:50:22 PM »

There is no way to do that yet. I've put an item on my list for a button entity that only allows either traitors or detectives. Should allow detective-only doors and simplify traitor-only doors. I'm not sure when it'll be added.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2010, 04:45:56 AM »

I'm having trouble getting a trigger to activate when a "ttt_flame" touches it. I made a filter for the ttt_flame and set the flags that it's a physics object but when throw a incindary grenade at it, it doesn't do anything. I need it for the fire doors in my map, if I can't get it to work its no big deal I can have them shoot the sensor to open it or something.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2010, 08:59:23 AM »

I'm not sure why that wouldn't work. Have you tried triggering on ttt_firegrenade_proj? That's the thrown incendiary, so a bit less specific but it might work.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2010, 11:26:01 PM »

I'm not sure why that wouldn't work. Have you tried triggering on ttt_firegrenade_proj? That's the thrown incendiary, so a bit less specific but it might work.

I'll try that.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Kamiakze-Gerbil
Poster

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2010, 01:03:07 PM »

I Cant Get The Settings Right For Hammer Because Sometimes It Says "Gameinfo.txt not found." Can Somebody Make A Video Tutorial How To Set Source SDK Up?
jenos
Poster

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2010, 10:55:44 PM »

I have a really, REALLY big problem. I am able to use the ttt_traitor_check many different ways (trigger_multiple, func_button, logic_timer) but no matter what, it seems to detect both teams as a traitor, this really defeats the point of the map if innocents can get in traitor rooms.

If it matters, the trigger is in a vent where you have to crouch to go through
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 01:13:01 AM by jenos »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2010, 08:48:07 AM »

Have you looked at the test setup in the included ttt_traitorcheck.vmf? Could you describe how you've set up the entity logic in your case?

You could also try using ttt_logic_role with a trigger_multiple instead of ttt_traitor_check (also has an example in the ttt_traitorcheck.vmf).
jenos
Poster

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2010, 07:42:08 PM »

I downloaded the latest release of the ttt gametype but the only maps that came with it were the cs:s default ones (with  _ttt at the end) I don't know what you mean by entity logic, but i have a small vent passage, and you have to go through it to a little door thingy, before the door is a ttt_traitor check, which likke i said is identifying everything as a traitor, as i just learned, when i use a logic_timer, when ever the timer fire the tainktrain(i have to use a friggin tranktrain becasue of the "take that, door" thing.) it opens, or continues forward i should say, i can post a vmf to dl if you want.
EDIT: i found the map, it wasnt in the maps part, im goign to take a look, if it works or doesnt i'll tellya.

EDIT2:i think i may have found my problem, i was using a trigger, not a nodraw, i'll try that
EDIT 3: Well i got it to correctly tell traitor from innocent when it comes to only opening for traitor, but it still ikes to push both classes away(detects them both as innocent)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 08:29:04 PM by jenos »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2010, 08:50:26 PM »

Yeah, the example .vmf files are /garrysmod/gamemodes/terrortown/ rather than the maps folder.

Make sure the feet of the player are inside the ttt_traitor_checker brush when they are checked.

In the .vmf there's also an example that uses ttt_logic_role, which is easier to set up. You can use it by setting up a trigger brush (the example uses a button, doesn't really matter) that sends the trigger output to the ttt_logic_role entity. It checks if the player that touched the trigger (the activator) is innocent/traitor and sends a specific output depending on the result. Assuming you have the ttt.fgd set up it should be pretty straightforward, the ttt_logic_role entity has descriptions and everything.
jenos
Poster

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2010, 09:31:20 PM »

Thanks i'll try that... Thanks, that one is much more simple then "isequalro" or "isnotequal". This will help me progress alot on ttt_apartments

EDOY: I'm still having alot of trouble with the that door function, where whe nyou hit it it opens. It only does it with doors that are named. I'm using a prop_door, and i want to keep using them, but a bunch are locked but can be hit open, fix please? or maybe a solution that already exists?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:48:28 PM by jenos »
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2010, 01:16:41 AM »

Configuring Hammer

Garry's Mod runs on the Orange Box version of the engine, so you will probably want to select Episode 2 in the Source SDK launcher, so that you get the new version of Hammer etc. If Garry's Mod is in the list of configurations, that's good too of course.

The TTT .zip includes an .FGD. You can add it in your Hammer options. It will add all TTT weapons (entities start with weapon_zm_* or weapon_ttt_*), ammo, and special entities (which start with ttt_*) to the entity list.

Note that TTT requires CS:S, but does not require Episode 2. Hence you should not use Ep2 materials and models, but you can use CS:S stuff if you want.

I've read this, and I'm still clueless, and I've searched the forum for an adamant amount of time. Could someone help me set up my hammer so i can make a TTT map, and have counter-strike models available, as well as all the TTT stuff. I'm lost, and pretty sure I'm doing this all wrong.  Also if possible, would making half-life 2 models available be a good thing too? I'm new to mapping, but I kinda figured everyone should have them, so are they safe to use? If so, can you help me make them usable too?

When I made a map as a test, the de_inferno trees were errors when I loaded the map, and tested it in game. Which makes no sense. Why would the CS:S trees be errors? -_- Helllppppp.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
jenos
Poster

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2010, 01:32:41 AM »

When you start source sdk, there are two boxes at the bottom, 1 says episode 2 and the other says a game, switch the top one to whatever and look for cs:s in the bottom one, make sure you have played the game once.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2010, 04:10:41 AM »

Thanks for telling me what that tells me.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2010, 08:19:59 AM »

EDOY: I'm still having alot of trouble with the that door function, where whe nyou hit it it opens. It only does it with doors that are named. I'm using a prop_door, and i want to keep using them, but a bunch are locked but can be hit open, fix please? or maybe a solution that already exists?

You can disable the crowbar door-unlocking using the ttt_map_settings entity. Check the explanation about it in the mapping guide entity list.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Mapping Q&A « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length