Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2024, 10:42:11 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Mapping Q&A
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Author Topic: Mapping Q&A  (Read 236597 times)
Sirdownloadsalot
Poster

Yes, I am Australian, But i do not enjoy BBQ's....

« Reply #180 on: January 02, 2011, 03:48:51 AM »

Alright, I copied the .fgd and placed it into the garrysmod/garrysmod/gamemodes/terrortown directory, Configured my hammer to use this file, But now i run into another issue. All the weapons are errors, All that use CSS anyway. And yes, i do have the Cstrike.fgd loaded into my hammer confriguration.

Any help? Thanks for all the help so far by the way. (How ironic that Raneman would be here after that game XD)

There was a signature here......
It's gone now.....
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #181 on: January 02, 2011, 03:03:58 PM »

I'm have experienced the same error as well. To counter it, you will need to manually open up "Counter-strike source shared.gcf" in your "Steamapps" foldier using a program called "GCFSCAPE".

Export the materials and models folders from this .gcf into your main Garry's mod directory where the "materials" and "models" folders are located. Overwrite both folders (do not delete and then replace them). You should be fine now.
Cush
Poster

« Reply #182 on: January 03, 2011, 12:08:22 AM »

Alright, I copied the .fgd and placed it into the garrysmod/garrysmod/gamemodes/terrortown directory, Configured my hammer to use this file, But now i run into another issue. All the weapons are errors, All that use CSS anyway. And yes, i do have the Cstrike.fgd loaded into my hammer confriguration.

Any help? Thanks for all the help so far by the way. (How ironic that Raneman would be here after that game XD)

Also try running CSS from the SDK list, might be a quicker fix (I use CSS for TTT mapping)
Sirdownloadsalot
Poster

Yes, I am Australian, But i do not enjoy BBQ's....

« Reply #183 on: January 03, 2011, 01:18:34 AM »

I'm have experienced the same error as well. To counter it, you will need to manually open up "Counter-strike source shared.gcf" in your "Steamapps" foldier using a program called "GCFSCAPE".

Export the materials and models folders from this .gcf into your main Garry's mod directory where the "materials" and "models" folders are located. Overwrite both folders (do not delete and then replace them). You should be fine now.

I used this option, As i use GFCSCAPE often. It worked perfectly. Thanks Silverstream! And all of you for the help! Now, to begin TTT mapping....
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 03:04:10 AM by Sirdownloadsalot »

There was a signature here......
It's gone now.....
Mehis
Poster

Extrude Error #9000: Plane pingas01 is too long.

« Reply #184 on: January 07, 2011, 10:11:11 AM »

Is there way to trigger something with round start? (not the preparing, when the round actually starts). And is there way to shorter the preparing time?
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« Reply #185 on: January 07, 2011, 02:34:05 PM »

Is there way to trigger something with round start? (not the preparing, when the round actually starts). And is there way to shorter the preparing time?

The relevant outputs with the entity ttt_map_settings:
RoundPreparation is the beginning of every round - when the preparation begins.
RoundStart is when the round actually starts -  after the preparation phase.

And the preparation time can only be set by the servers, not by the maps. (the command is ttt_preptime_seconds).

Hope this helped!
Mehis
Poster

Extrude Error #9000: Plane pingas01 is too long.

« Reply #186 on: January 07, 2011, 04:07:19 PM »

The relevant outputs with the entity ttt_map_settings:
RoundPreparation is the beginning of every round - when the preparation begins.
RoundStart is when the round actually starts -  after the preparation phase.

And the preparation time can only be set by the servers, not by the maps. (the command is ttt_preptime_seconds).

Hope this helped!

Thx! :D
iostream
Poster

« Reply #187 on: January 08, 2011, 09:45:35 PM »

When the TTT.fgd is loaded, placing a non-TTT weapon or ammo entity will cause my Hammer to instantly crash.
Without the FGD loaded everything is working correctly.

Anybody else have this problem?

Remember, Respect is Everything
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #188 on: January 08, 2011, 10:21:09 PM »

Weird. Are you using the orangebox Hammer or the old one?
iostream
Poster

« Reply #189 on: January 08, 2011, 10:31:53 PM »

Engine Version: Source Engine 2009
Current Game: Garry's Mod

Yep?

Edit:
I do have a MDMP crash dump, however, I have no idea how to read it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 10:42:29 PM by iostream »

Remember, Respect is Everything
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #190 on: February 17, 2011, 05:02:19 PM »

Thread news: I added some information in the second post of this thread concerning interesting stuff about map resets that applies to GMod as well, making it relevant for TTT mappers. It's about parenting and disappearing entities, go read.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #191 on: February 20, 2011, 12:26:10 AM »

Alright, so I'm wondering about NPCs. I want to cover one of the fastest routes from place to place with things like Combines on Mounted Machine guns and Combine Snipers. How do I go about this without screwing up TTT?
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #192 on: February 20, 2011, 06:16:26 AM »

Alright, so I'm wondering about NPCs. I want to cover one of the fastest routes from place to place with things like Combines on Mounted Machine guns and Combine Snipers. How do I go about this without screwing up TTT?

You got that idea from a Black Ops map, didn't you? :O

And I doubt it will mess with TTT (Define "screwing up TTT" perhaps?), but the Combine Snipers only seem to shoot if you're close to them, and each shot instantly kills. Not the best of ideas...
Do NPCs still attack spectators? I don't remember if that was ever fixed.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #193 on: February 20, 2011, 09:06:34 AM »

NPCs attacking spectators was fixed in v23.
CapellanCitizen
Poster

« Reply #194 on: February 28, 2011, 09:29:18 PM »

I hate to ask a question that's already been asked (last page) but is there any way to have a trigger burn bodies to dispose of them? I recently had a nasty idea to turn a boring fireplace into a traitor-usable corpse incinerator, but it doesn't seem to be working. It lights the bodies on fire, but doesn't make them disappear.

Or would you mind telling me a way to detect dead bodies (IE their classname) so that I could cobble a system together?

Thank you for your help, CapellanCitizen.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #195 on: February 28, 2011, 09:46:44 PM »

Classname is just prop_ragdoll. You will indeed have to remove them with a custom system, because that's what the flare gun does (the burning is essentially just a graphical effect in that case).
CapellanCitizen
Poster

« Reply #196 on: February 28, 2011, 10:14:59 PM »

Thank you for your prompt response.

I'll just have to keep the ignite trigger then, and then add a second trigger that is filtered to only prop_ragdoll that entity-kills !activator after X seconds. This will also burn mattresses if I add them in a later release, but that is so incredibly awesome that I could care less.

Yes, I know I could name all the mattresses "mattress", then exclude them with a filter_multi, but where's the fun in that?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 10:47:05 PM by CapellanCitizen »
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« Reply #197 on: March 01, 2011, 05:42:01 PM »

Could an entity be added, that adds a 2D icon with text on the HUD like the traitor button or the C4. It could, for example, show the traitors where not to walk on a mine field, or on ttt_losttemple it could show the safe pattern in the nail shooter trap, or on some map it could show the traitors where to go at a given time. For convenience, the max distance for the icon to be shown should be specify-able, so they don't clutter the screens when you're not even near it.

Hate to bump this, but I would still like it. I was thinking of using it to show the players where to go at a specific time.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #198 on: March 01, 2011, 06:03:06 PM »

Unlikely to ever happen at this point.
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #199 on: March 06, 2011, 07:15:14 PM »

Could an entity be added, that adds a 2D icon with text on the HUD like the traitor button or the C4. It could, for example, show the traitors where not to walk on a mine field, or on ttt_losttemple it could show the safe pattern in the nail shooter trap, or on some map it could show the traitors where to go at a given time. For convenience, the max distance for the icon to be shown should be specify-able, so they don't clutter the screens when you're not even near it.

You could replicate this by using an env_sprite with a custom texture, however the sprite would be visible to both parties (traitors and innocents).
To find your correct render mode depending if you want this sprite to be visible through walls, have a look here:
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Render_Modes

It doesn't seem this could fit your specific application however it would work as a way of notifying players about various dangers.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Mapping Q&A « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length