Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:01:22 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Little thing
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Little thing  (Read 9471 times)
Pete
Poster

« on: November 01, 2009, 02:53:08 PM »

I had already posted this on your website Alters (alter2.com) but i was told to post it here soo yeah...

I am new to this server so i hate to impose my ideas as important , who wants to hear a noob talk about what he want, but its just a little thing that turns me off from playing.

I have a very hard time playing when ppl are chatting over the mic so loud!! haha

is it possible to make it so you can only hear a mic within like 10 yards, kinda more realistic too like some one across the map cant hear you say "its binary!" or what ever they say. i have seen this feature before too on a lot of RP servers where you can only hear someone like 20 yards away to avoid spam and so you can privately talk.

Thanks
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 02:57:59 PM »

It's been suggested before, but I have no idea what tGB's stance on it is. However, to help the whole "tons of mics" thing, if you are dead you can hit Alt to mute the living players so you can talk to fellow dead people easier if that helps.

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 03:37:18 PM »

It was decided against because the game is just objectively less fun when you can only hear people nearby. Also, how would you handle text chat? The game would also get horribly unbalanced.

I've always wanted to try this concept though, it does sound like fun so some degree.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 03:57:19 AM »

I wouldn't mind this but what I do is just  turn the incoming mic volume down in the options so I know whats going on. 

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Tyrant T100
Poster

The State sees all!

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 03:56:26 PM »

The only use I could see with this is almost a team chat with fellow innocents.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TyrantGrandburnin
Pete
Poster

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 09:10:37 PM »

Thanks for the feedback...

You know i have played on a TTT server that does this and it was really annoying at times, but cool also for the realism.

I have come to the conclusion that keeping the talking the way it is, is what it should be. It maybe not be realistic, but GTA wouldn't be fun it that was realistic (ex. Running into a wall at 80 mph and living / getting shot and still running / holding 6 full size guns.)
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Little thing « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length