Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:18:32 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Last words experiment
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Last words experiment  (Read 19010 times)
me
Build Tester

The dumbest name of them all

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2009, 08:29:55 PM »

That's perfect.

I think if Sulkdodds and Marphy got into a fight the whole forum would explode.
I bung your mum.
PenisColada
Poster

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2009, 10:31:40 PM »

I think it'd make it too hard as traitor.
Pestoolio
Poster

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2009, 10:41:41 PM »

I don't really like this idea. Eventually, regular players would become pretty adept at blood-scribbling and would make rounds very hard for traitors.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2009, 10:48:47 PM »

I don't think it would be too hard, as more than half the time a player won't even see his killer.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2009, 11:18:22 PM »

And the other half of the time players won't know someone is dead.  Or don't know where he died.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2009, 01:03:43 AM »

Sounds lovely actually.
I like the idea suggested by Qloos where shooting them when they are down messes up the writing. I'd go for something along the lines of that as a way for traitors to prevent innocents from writing a clear message.
I'm tempted to say, once a traitor shoots a ragdoll his  ability to write should completely seize, but that would probably make this function useless as traitors would quickly adept to shooting twice if not a headshot.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2009, 01:20:33 AM »

maybe a traitor could use some of his own blood (=heath) to modify the message?

That way he could not only make innnocents messages unreadable but could also try to give them wrong hints, everything at the cost of say 25 health points.

Only then did the elves begin to suspect that the dwarves were not bringing any Amontillado.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2009, 01:37:55 AM »

Sounds lovely actually.
I like the idea suggested by Qloos where shooting them when they are down messes up the writing. I'd go for something along the lines of that as a way for traitors to prevent innocents from writing a clear message.
I'm tempted to say, once a traitor shoots a ragdoll his  ability to write should completely seize, but that would probably make this function useless as traitors would quickly adept to shooting twice if not a headshot.

Do ragdolls take damage? I know that useing the ulx command to ragdoll a player in vanilla gmod and then shooting him, he willl take no damage either when he is in ragdoll state or when he is returned to player state (IE: damage doesn't carry over or something)

Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2009, 02:23:39 AM »

I guess you could use pieces of paper that show the text when +use'd, but I'm not sure how useful it would be.
That's what I meant.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
PenisColada
Poster

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2009, 02:38:23 AM »

I think this just overcomplicates everything and will create more problems than it could solve.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2009, 07:50:50 AM »

A plan B I'm considering is using this for some sort of spectator whiteboard they can scribble things on and entertain themselves with.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2009, 07:53:34 AM »

A plan B I'm considering is using this for some sort of spectator white board they can scribble things on and entertain themselves with.

Also a good and justifiable use of time, hell you could even make it an impromptu version of pictonary.

worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2009, 10:09:25 AM »

Isketch. BUT IN TTT!

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2009, 01:22:13 PM »

If you do that, TTT would become 30x more great.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2009, 01:55:01 PM »

Do ragdolls take damage? I know that useing the ulx command to ragdoll a player in vanilla gmod and then shooting him, he willl take no damage either when he is in ragdoll state or when he is returned to player state (IE: damage doesn't carry over or something)

I was thinking more along the lines of, detecting a player's ragdoll got shot at and then mess with the writing. Not necessarily the amount of damage, simply if HIT.
I'm not entirely sure about the possibility of this, although I have seen some ragdoll damage addons for gmod if I recall right.

Also making it into some Isketch for spectators would be genius. As right now being a spectator is by far the most dreadful.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2009, 01:57:29 PM »

A plan B I'm considering is using this for some sort of spectator whiteboard they can scribble things on and entertain themselves with.

This is good. In fact, this is great. But you need to indicate who is doing what drawing and provide some way for lower admins without access to rcon to administrate it.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2009, 02:16:54 PM »

I'm not entirely sure about the possibility of this, although I have seen some ragdoll damage addons for gmod if I recall right.

Yeah, it's completely possible.

I think for now I'll look into making it into something for spectators, probably the pictionary/isketch thing. It avoids some of the abuse issues Milo referred to where you don't know who drew the penis (answer: everyone).

Gameplay stuff has precedence obviously, so it probably won't be complete until a few releases down the road.
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2009, 03:10:19 PM »

nobody liking my idea?

Only then did the elves begin to suspect that the dwarves were not bringing any Amontillado.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2009, 03:12:50 PM »

I like your idea Cze. I just sounds painfull.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
AndyTheGeeky
Build Tester

Wannabe Zoidberg

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2009, 03:24:07 PM »

I like TheCze's idea, but only if the cost were per-x-pixels or something instead of a flat-rate that takes a quarter of your health.

Signature Pending...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Last words experiment « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length