Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:17:55 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Interest in developing TTT into a full-fledged Source mod?
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Interest in developing TTT into a full-fledged Source mod?  (Read 13621 times)
PenisColada
Poster

« on: October 21, 2009, 11:54:57 PM »

I really really love TTT. Definitely some of the best times I've ever had playing any game. Anyways, it got me thinking.

I've been working on art for a little project of mine; a Half-Life 2 mod called Debauchery. It's going to be a kind of stylish Victorian-era/early 20th century shooter with realistic combat (ironsights, bleeding, realistic damage, etc.) and a bunch of cool old guns. And of course, English gentlemen with top hats. I was thinking that the Trouble in Terrorist Town gamemode could be quite easily implemented in that kind of setting, and would make an excellent addition to the multitude of other game modes I have planned (including tiered dueling, Oriental treasure, etc.). We're in serious need of a programmer as well (and the excellent mapping talent displayed here would be welcome for Debauchery).

Failing that, if none of you want anything to do with Debauchery, I'd be excited to make gun and environment models (and perhaps characters) for a Source mod in the same style as the Garry's Mod gamemode. I'm proficient with modeling, unwrapping, texturing, animating, and compiling with 3dsmax, Photoshop, and the Source engine.

You can see my portfolio here: http://gabefink.com

Some weapons I've done for Debauchery (we have more work done than just these three)

I also animated all of the guns for the soon-to-be-released Source mod ORION (http://orion-project.net)

I've released a decent amount of skins for Counter-Strike Source as well (I go by Penis Colada on FPSBANANA)

Anyways, just throwing that out there. Let me know if any of you talented folks are interested in banding together and developing TTT into something epic. :)
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 12:30:37 AM »

EDIT: That's my shocked face. That's really great content, and your mod's premise is great sounding. There is no doubt about that.

tGB made everything, and tGB'll have the last word, but unfortunately I'm not sure that he's looking for dedicated work. I would love a standalone mod of this game type though.

Anyways, he usually posts sometime mid-day Eurotime, so wait till then.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 01:10:42 AM by Ajunk »

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Dinner
Poster

The Harlem Globetrotters: Fashion World Tour

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 01:26:45 AM »

Your shocked face is a bald eagle? How ironically American.

Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 02:03:20 AM »

Oh my god.

This is great.
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 02:07:40 AM »

Oh my god.

This is great.

I know, right? I saw the topic about developing it into a mod and the username "Penis colada" and I was like "DEAR GOD ANOTHER RUKUS" and then suddenly he posts content that looks well designed and a cool idea and...

Marphy is going to explain that all the content is stolen, isn't he? This is the bit where he appears and devours dreams after shattering them, right?

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 02:17:52 AM »

If I had a guess I'd back Zeppelin Man. But I'll assume it's real.

If that's the case, I don't bwelieve TGB was interested in something like this, but talk to him about it.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Pestoolio
Poster

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 02:23:14 AM »

A Victorian setting would be great for a Serial Killer type game. Chances are there will be no merge, but Debauchery does sound fun.
PenisColada
Poster

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 02:31:38 AM »

Well, if any of you fellows know how to program and are willing to help me out, I would just need the go-ahead from TGB to use his idea (and credit him, of course)
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 03:09:42 AM »

Gotta be honest here: Victorian Serial Killer, especially with various Victorian character models, would be amazing. It's pretty much the perfect setting for this style of thing.

If tGB does decide to go through with this proposal, however, I can't say this game would be a very good sub-game mode. It's pretty much a game all by itself, exceeding even  stand alone mods in play time and depth.

PenisColada
Poster

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 04:21:55 AM »

Gotta be honest here: Victorian Serial Killer, especially with various Victorian character models, would be amazing. It's pretty much the perfect setting for this style of thing.

If tGB does decide to go through with this proposal, however, I can't say this game would be a very good sub-game mode. It's pretty much a game all by itself, exceeding even  stand alone mods in play time and depth.

Well, I think this gamemode will be the focal point of Debauchery, with other economy-based deathmatch/TDM modes there just because.
MOSH-PO-TAY-TO
Poster

Disco Disco.

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 06:30:04 AM »

Jack the Ripper anyone?

In a shameless act of self promotion Skeleton's Bone Pile - Australian Killing Floor Community.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 07:31:51 AM »

That sounds like a cool mod. I'm dreading marphys post though.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 07:47:45 AM »

I did the Source mod thing once with Zombie Master, and really have no interest in doing it again I'm afraid.

As for the concept, well, I don't claim any ownership of it. It was originally based on the impromptu "gamemode" some people played within ZM. There are several Garry's Mod gamemodes that are somewhat similar, such as Parasite, though most of them having an infection mechanic where "traitor" team grows with each kill.

So if anyone wants to use a similar concept in a Source mod, perhaps with some extra things borrowed from TTT, then that's fine by me.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 02:34:34 PM »

But you're such a great coder...

Andyp
Poster

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 06:33:00 PM »

That looks like a fantastic mod, shame green isnt interested but i dont blame him, coding is hard work.

The true Anthem of England: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJNic_XSwBo&feature=related
Killroy
Build Tester

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 07:10:38 PM »

And thus our dreams come true.

I clicked on that link, but quickly closed the tab before it loaded upon realizing that the file name was whalecock.jpg.
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 07:46:01 PM »

Oh my god, I would love this so mutch. The setting in my option would be perfect for TTT.
Someone
Poster

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 09:12:38 PM »

I don't have Garry's mod so I haven't been able to play TTT, so I love the idea of a separate Source mod with that game style so much. Also the weapons look excellent- I've always loved revolvers and other guns of sort of the same type of design, so I think that knife firing gun and double barrelled pistol are amazing.
catbarf
Poster

Volcano junkie.

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 10:31:12 PM »

I like the idea but TTT would have to change to become Victorian. Shotguns, automatic weapons, giant bombs, radar, all that stuff would be right out.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 11:44:03 PM »

If by "be right out" do you mean "make excellent steam-punk alternatives"?

Pages: [1] 2
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Interest in developing TTT into a full-fledged Source mod? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length