Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:09:08 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Outpost 31 [w.i.p.]
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Outpost 31 [w.i.p.]  (Read 8520 times)
seventh
Poster

« on: October 19, 2009, 08:06:31 PM »

Ive always loved the movie the Thing.
I played thething map by Notary and i think its good gameplay but the map is a bit crude and its nothing like the movie.
So i couldnt help myself and i made this, not sure what direction ill go but so far its a very close movie remake.

Let me know what u think.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 08:10:44 PM by seventh »
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 08:24:36 PM »

The issue I have with this is not that you are "stealing an idea from notary", because you're not, it's that I don't think another foggy outpost in the snow is a map anyone wants/needs. thething is a great map, and while this seems like it could be good I don't necessarily agree with the theme. Perhaps you could change it up a bit? I understand your desire to recreate the movie, but if you want people to play your map you have to make something unique - icarus is excellent not only due to great design but because it's the only map like it. See where I'm coming from?

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Killroy
Build Tester

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 09:13:11 PM »

Change the design a bit - perhaps something like a desert base, for example?

I clicked on that link, but quickly closed the tab before it loaded upon realizing that the file name was whalecock.jpg.
Sands
Poster

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 12:56:13 AM »

Constructive Criticism: Blocky - but I would still play it as is.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 09:12:42 PM by Sands »

Some say that he's allergic to the Dutch and that he only knows two facts about Ducks and they both are wrong.

All we know is...
Pestoolio
Poster

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 01:13:39 AM »

If it's a good map, it will get played.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 02:21:33 AM »

Another thething may be nice, everything was going well and then notary just disappeared, no updates and hasn't bee active on the forums in a couple weeks.
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 06:05:38 AM »

I agree with Killroy, change the design. Another good theme might be a base on the surface of the moon. Of course this would require alot of new textures.
Killroy
Build Tester

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 10:36:37 AM »

I agree with Killroy, change the design. Another good theme might be a base on the surface of the moon. Of course this would require alot of new textures.

ttt_moonrossi?

I clicked on that link, but quickly closed the tab before it loaded upon realizing that the file name was whalecock.jpg.
shutup9100
Build Tester

In the name of The Empreror I would tap dat ass

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 07:10:08 PM »

So what's your point?

seventh
Poster

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 08:29:57 PM »

Thats were i got my info from but its not completely accurate.
Thanks anyway.
Also make my map in the desert or on the moon, lol.
Its a movie remake.
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 05:21:37 PM »

Why does it have to be a movie remake? I personaly enjoy making a map out of my pure imagination. I would find making a map out of a real place or a movie really boring.

Edit: However it's your map so I don't really care.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 05:22:50 PM by Finparasite »
seventh
Poster

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 10:37:00 PM »

A small 2 pic teaser an overview of the camp.
I do have indoors underground etc but ill shot those soon.
For now ive removed the fog and the snow is not as thick as it will be but that is so u can see the map well.
Also i messed a bit in photoshop but its a teaser.
If u have idears about what u want to see in this map let me know ive probable thought about it but who knows.

C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 12:36:46 AM »

Personally, I look forward to this.
I hate Notarys TheThing, and you make awesome ZM Maps, so I'm really excited for this.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 01:35:54 AM »

Personally, I look forward to this.
I hate Notarys TheThing, and you make awesome ZM Maps, so I'm really excited for this.

The dude broke half the map and introduced features no one wanted and then disappears. Annoying. I look forward to this, even though I don't play anymore due to the general stupid who play now. (Not forumites)
Sands
Poster

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 09:10:15 PM »

I hate that my initial reaction to this map was to shun it. I guess I was hard on this one because someone had already made a map in the same fashion but that's a little unfair. Especially since its a map that's being developed by someone who looks like he has some skill. (Not that the former Thing map lacked)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 09:11:28 PM by Sands »

Some say that he's allergic to the Dutch and that he only knows two facts about Ducks and they both are wrong.

All we know is...
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Outpost 31 [w.i.p.] « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length