Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:05:12 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: TTT content pack. [28.10.09]
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: TTT content pack. [28.10.09]  (Read 81419 times)
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« on: October 02, 2009, 03:36:15 PM »

Trouble in Terrorist Town content pack b6.
The follow pack contains (in theroy) all the content from
CS:S you need. (Concerning weapons, models and sounds.) To run the game mode TTT.

READ THE READ ME PLOX

All credit goes to the creators of CS:S I just took this apart and
put together the bits needed.

B6

Thanks to marphy for all his help.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 04:32:23 PM by worbat »

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 03:49:45 PM »

Nice, hope it works. Another "pack" that would be nice is one that replaces the OB fire materials with the simpler HL2/Ep1 effects, for people with shitty graphics cards who can't see flames right now. No idea if that's possible but it would be pretty helpful for some people.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 03:53:31 PM »

Rename the fire effect from Default HL2 to the same one that the Episode 2 one is called. That should do It, again in theory.

my god
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 08:54:18 PM »

So, apparently the weapon textures and sounds don't work for when you fire and your guns but works for people you are viewing.
I wonder what I am missing.

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 09:00:50 PM »

I thought it might be related to sound scripts, but gmod seems to include all of the CS:S stuff in there (in garrysmod/scripts/content_accum/snds_cstrike_*.txt).

Perhaps the console has useful errors.

edit: as for the textures, might be a viewmodel vs worldmodel thing (ie. textures of one are in there but textures of other aren't).

edit2: having looked at the pack, that doesn't appear to be a problem though, so I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 09:08:54 PM by theGreenBunny »
Kiwiâ„¢
Build Tester

Trendy and Dry

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 10:43:42 PM »

Isn't this illegal?

Worbat: You killing me constantly was so frustrating, I quit in disgust.

[16:47] Jeff: British is not an ancestry. Britain is an accident of noble marriages, pregnancies, and deaths.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 11:13:43 PM »

Isn't this illegal?

I believe so.

So :shh:

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 11:14:05 PM »

Isn't this illegal?

Legal, illegal...they're just words, maaan.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 11:17:15 PM »

Isn't this illegal?

It doesn't enable to you to play CS:S and all credit went to the devs of CS:S.
I don't make any profit. I can't see a problem.

my god
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 11:30:36 PM »

Valve doesn't care. If they really wanted to crack down on those distributing retail content from their games, they'd have enough on Facepunch alone to sentence Garry to 200 consecutive life sentences.

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 11:45:44 PM »

Valve doesn't care. If they really wanted to crack down on those distributing retail content from their games, they'd have enough on Facepunch alone to sentence Garry to 200 consecutive life sentences.

No chance of parole until the one hundred and twenty fifth life, of course.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 12:10:25 AM »

Isn't this illegal?

You already need CS:S to play TTT, it is not "Illegal", though if it was it would be pointless and stupid for any person in the world to cry over textures and models being used "Inappropriately".  If they want to "Get You", they'll start with Facepunch, that would keep them busy for years while you buy a hat and flee to a non-extradition country.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 12:11:24 AM »

You didn't tell me that :(

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Kiwiâ„¢
Build Tester

Trendy and Dry

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 02:25:28 AM »

You already need CS:S to play TTT, it is not "Illegal", though if it was it would be pointless and stupid for any person in the world to cry over textures and models being used "Inappropriately".  If they want to "Get You", they'll start with Facepunch, that would keep them busy for years while you buy a hat and flee to a non-extradition country.

You also need CS:S to access some of the stuff in GMod anyway, don't you?

Also wonder why they don't just include the CS:S content in mods like Obsidian Conflict?

Addendum: Kiwi really doesn't care in the end. It's just that this kind of nonsense could possibly get forums shut down, granted that's mostly on something like invisionfree and such.

Also

http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=5248.0
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 02:27:24 AM by Kiwiâ„¢ »

Worbat: You killing me constantly was so frustrating, I quit in disgust.

[16:47] Jeff: British is not an ancestry. Britain is an accident of noble marriages, pregnancies, and deaths.
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 02:55:20 AM »

You didn't tell me that also I am a bad traitor teammate :(
Take it as a case-by-case basis. Many mods, even Steamworks's own ZPS, have been distributing CSS content for years. From day one, in fact. There was a very long period in which HL2 and CSS were inextricably linked. CSS was HL2's official multiplayer component for a time, and you had to own Half-Life 2 to get virtually anything out of Steam. Left 4 Dead, on the other hand, is the standalone, full-priced, apple of Valve's eye (As abandoned and unsupported it may be) less than one year of age. Consider that permitting such content in ZM (Blackity Edition or not) on the official forums would not bode well. CSS is fair game, however, and for good reason.

Also wonder why they don't just include the CS:S content in mods like Obsidian Conflict?
Because they'd have to include the whole game, which is unfeasible largely due to size. OC uses a lot more CSS content than TTT.

It's just that this kind of nonsense could possibly get forums shut down
Kiwi's nonsense will get Kiwi's face shut down.

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 03:38:11 AM »

OH SNAP!

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 06:06:58 AM »

You already need CS:S to play TTT, it is not "Illegal", though if it was it would be pointless and stupid for any person in the world to cry over textures and models being used "Inappropriately".  If they want to "Get You", they'll start with Facepunch, that would keep them busy for years while you buy a hat and flee to a non-extradition country.

thats the point of this, now you don't need css to use css stuff in TTT, which technically is illegal, but in reality nobody cares.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2009, 07:59:57 AM »

If we ever get complaints from Valve about this we will remove any links they object to.
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2009, 09:07:10 AM »

Good thing someone made this. I was thinking of making something like this a while ago, but I thought not to do It beacause it was illegal.
Now worbat made it and I dont have to take any responsibility!
So does this include all of the map props too or only weapon and player models?
If not its a good thing that I didnt put any css content to my new map!
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 11:50:49 AM »

If we ever get complaints from Valve about this we will remove any links they object to.

Agreed.

If valve want all links removed (there's a thread in TDR as well) I'll remove all the links.

my god
Pages: [1] 2 3
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: TTT content pack. [28.10.09] « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length