Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:57:01 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [TDRgaming] TTT Server
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: [TDRgaming] TTT Server  (Read 59562 times)
Boxiii
Poster

« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2009, 12:56:31 AM »

I love TDR. I hate Sacmo.

PS. Boxiii Rules.

Thanks.
MOSH-PO-TAY-TO
Poster

Disco Disco.

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2009, 09:56:36 AM »

Who the fuck are you?

In a shameless act of self promotion Skeleton's Bone Pile - Australian Killing Floor Community.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2009, 10:49:45 AM »

Who are you?

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2009, 11:00:18 AM »

That would be boxiii.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2009, 11:12:10 AM »

Boxiii is awsome for those of you who do not know him.

You should ask him about the crowbar incident.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Blitzy!
Poster

« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2009, 11:20:37 AM »

Well hey, I was just on the TDR server a few minutes ago, I killed one traitor, and some random other guy started screaming at me over the voice com about how it was "obviously an RDM," I asked him if he was even there, and how he knows, and when he failed to give a good answer, I told everyone that he's obviously a traitor too, and guess what? Someone else killed him and it just so happened that he was! Later on, someone else tried to kill me because he saw me inspecting a corpse so I shot back and won...except this time it happened to be an innocent instead of a traitor. So then I got banned with the message "broseidon you need a break to think about how to not rdm."

Seriously, what is with the maturity and average intelligence levels on this server? I killed one traitor, outed another one, then fought back against an RDMer and I got banned, and I don't even know by who (most likely one or both of the dead traitors were butthurt and bitched about me to an admin who just joined, and then he made a stupid decision based on their word alone). For fucks sake, I wasn't even warned...it literally came out of nowhere. I guess it's a crime to be good at this game as an innocent. Apparently only traitors are allowed to enjoy the game, and innocents are supposed to be like prey animals who just waddle around and wait to get killed.

Thanks for posting this. I would've preferred it if this came directly to myself or the TDR forums, but hey, I understand your "disappointment" with the server and thus can understand why it was posted here and not there.

Using your story as an example, I have addressed our admins about how and how not to admin. If we have a few "troublemakers" in our ranks then we need to know who they are if we are to deal with them, and the only way we can find out is if you tell us. And by us, I mean me or any of the higher-ups.

I have to ask that these "admin complaints" must come to the TDR forums and not here. We can't do anything about it if it's here since we don't know if it's a legit complaint or not and we don't know who's making it and blah blah blah. Bring it to our admin complaint section, and trust me, we will deal with it.

On a lighter note, Boxiii is awesome. Kiwi is not.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 11:23:29 AM by Blitzy! »
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2009, 11:25:14 AM »

since we don't know if it's a legit complaint or not and we don't know who's making it and blah blah blah.

I'm confused.

I'm pretty sure Zombie Master displays the username right next to the post, just like every other forum.

What special features does the TDR forum have that means when you post there, the admins can decide whether you're legit or not? That sounds like a really cool piece of code, being able to automatically detect legit!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2009, 11:31:50 AM »

Hey blitzy.

Tell the people that post ideas in the TDR forum to post them here.
So we know they are legit.

my god
Blitzy!
Poster

« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2009, 11:42:50 AM »

I'm confused.

I'm pretty sure Zombie Master displays the username right next to the post, just like every other forum.

What special features does the TDR forum have that means when you post there, the admins can decide whether you're legit or not? That sounds like a really cool piece of code, being able to automatically detect legit!

Simple. Alternate usernames. ball2hi for example was banned from our server when he used the name "Xbye", hence ibor's confusion earlier in the thread. If someone wishes to make a complaint on the TDR forums, we ask for their usual Steam username and SteamID so we can understand whether it's just another TDR-basher, someone angry about being banned/not getting admin/whatever or whether it's just a standard person making a complaint. It means we know how to deal with the problem, and gives us some gauging about who's right.

We don't know whether people here are using alternate usernames, we can't ask for their SteamID randomly off the bat here and that is why we ask they post at our forums where we can ask for these things appropriately. I'm sure any other server would ask the same thing (not just on TTT); they wouldn't just act upon what someone's saying on facepunch or whatever, right?

Hey blitzy.

Tell the people that post ideas in the TDR forum to post them here.
So we know they are legit.

Wait, what...? Sorry, that wasn't me being sarcastic or anything, I'm just a little confused.

If you mean about TTT, we do post our serious ideas here. It's the whole reason I'm registered on these forums. I don't play ZM, I'm here to read and give feedback on the updates for TTT and the discussions about it. I didn't suggest the quick voice commands on our forums, I registered here and asked tGB about it in the relevant thread. Why would I post an idea I really had about TTT on TDR knowing it's highly unlikely that idea be read by the people it should probably be read by in order for that idea to actually be dealt upon? Just like the admin complaints I've been talking about, the only way to get things done is if you take them to the right place, and that is why I am here.

Look, I ain't the head of TDR, I'm just someone who volunteered to admin a server and I've been given the responsibility to be in charge of our TTT servers. I'm not here to fight about what's good about TDR and what's not. I'm not here to be the target for the TDR-bashing. I'm here to get feedback on the server so I know how to make it better. I'm not gonna be angry if someone complains about our servers because "complaining means dissing TDR", heck, it's my job to improve those servers for you! So I do appreciate feedback and comments about TDR's TTT servers and I would appreciate them being posted either here, to me on Steam or PM, or at our forums. I'm not really fussed where it is when it comes to the servers. If it's about our server admins though, please send those complaints either my way or on TDR's admin complaint forum for reasons mentioned above.

But I also see everyone's concerns about what goes on behind the scenes of TDR such as the people higher than me, or how it's run, or whatever. I can't address them because that ain't in my department unfortunately, I'm sorry. It's the whole reason why I'm suggesting those complaints be taken to the actual guys who can do something about it. Not because I'm shy about it being addressed publicly or because I'm being lazy and making it hard for you. I'm just trying to help by pointing you to the guys who CAN help you.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 03:35:21 PM by Blitzy! »
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2009, 11:52:44 AM »

True. There needs to be a thread that says, complains go to server owners forums then a list of server forums.

my god
Blitzy!
Poster

« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2009, 01:39:31 PM »

True. There needs to be a thread that says, complains go to server owners forums then a list of server forums.

Would be handy. Do the other servers have their own forums?

And I keep mentioning about "taking the complaints to the right place" without actually linking to it, forgive me. Our admin complaint section's here: http://tdrgaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17

worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2009, 01:58:53 PM »

Alters and icecave do.

my god
Blitzy!
Poster

« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2009, 02:07:58 PM »

Alters and icecave do.

Alright, I'll look for them later. Thanks for that.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2009, 03:38:41 PM »

Goddammit people.

Who the fuck are you?

Who are you?

Who, who? Who, who?
I really wanna know.
Who are you?
etc. etc.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Boxiii
Poster

« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2009, 07:29:49 PM »

Here is the crowbar incident eeny is referring to. Or one of many, i never could win.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 07:31:43 PM by Boxiii »
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2009, 09:28:49 PM »

Actually you won that one. I was talking about the first incident where you snuck up behind me with a shotgun and blasted me to like 50 hp, then I charged you and you shot again and missed and I crowbarred you in the face for an insta kill thanks to blind luck.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Grey
Poster

« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2009, 05:09:28 PM »

FYI guys.. Sacmo does not own TDR or make the rules. If you have a problem with any of our admins, please let us know on our forums, and we will handle it accordingly.

We are currently trying to weed out some of the less helpful admins, but you should know that we cater to players, and our admins live to serve the players.

Simply put, if you have a problem, please bring it up to us in a calm manner, with any many details as possible. We have multiple admins on a lot, and if you leave out parts of the story (i.e. the fact you were warned more than once) then it only looks bad on you. So please be detailed and honest, and we will do everything we can to solve any problems that arise.
Vicconius
Poster

« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2009, 02:33:19 PM »

Of course, a simpler solution would be for TDR to just close down both the ZM and TTT servers, something that has actually been brought up recently.  Seems no matter what we do, some around here find something to complain about and make a big issue over.

As far as who owns and runs TDR?  Nothing has changed from before the merger with Sacmo except for the addition of a few more servers and the addition of a few more admins.

Seems like most of those complaining the loudest, also  have a shaded history with TDR, either currently banned or previously banned, sour grapes perhaps?

What puzzles me the most, would be why there are no moderators locking this thread as it is nothing more than a useless flame war at this point.

zm_urban_escape_b3 released
zm_plundergrounds_b2  released
zm_spookhouse_b1
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2009, 03:46:58 PM »

A negative discussion isn't necessarily a flame war, there is a distinct difference and maybe instead of locking threads and removing servers maybe you should work toward solving those issues. Closing down the ZM and TTT servers would be extremely irrational and unfair to those regulars that play and take no part in these or the TDR forums.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2009, 04:48:26 PM »

Was asked (through PM) to close this by someone from TDR.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [TDRgaming] TTT Server « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length