Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:51:43 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700198 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4240 on: January 29, 2011, 03:14:36 PM »

SVN r829:
Damagelog time listing is now since round start.
Spectators see names above living players.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #4241 on: January 29, 2011, 11:46:12 PM »

Spectators see names above living players.

Ah yes.  Something I've noticed was needed but never thought to bring up.  Thanks BKU; it'll be quite helpful.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #4242 on: January 30, 2011, 05:06:39 AM »

Any way you can make the colored name hook override the superadmin name colors?
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #4243 on: January 30, 2011, 07:14:54 AM »

This.
Braegh
Poster

« Reply #4244 on: January 30, 2011, 12:52:05 PM »

I have been getting myself DNA scanned off radios quite a bit recently. A quick forum search suggests this shouldn't be possible -  could you look into this?

The Silenced Pistol should come with 20 extra bullets instead of 16 - it shares ammo with (IIRC) both the Pistol and the M16, both of which hold 20 bullets. If you buy the SP first and pick up a M16 later, when you get ammo-checked, you could end up with 4 missing bullets without ever having fired any.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #4245 on: January 30, 2011, 03:00:49 PM »

The Silenced Pistol should come with 20 extra bullets instead of 16 - it shares ammo with (IIRC) both the Pistol and the M16, both of which hold 20 bullets. If you buy the SP first and pick up a M16 later, when you get ammo-checked, you could end up with 4 missing bullets without ever having fired any.

Luckily ammo checks are far less useful now that ammo can be dropped--not that I necessarily disagree with your point.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4246 on: January 30, 2011, 03:47:12 PM »

If you return a color in that hook, it will not even run the standard TTT color code. So let's say you return the color white in that hook, then all names will be white, even admins and my own. Hence, you can override admin name colors simply by doing something like "if ply:IsAdmin() then return my_admin_color ..." in that hook.

I have been getting myself DNA scanned off radios quite a bit recently. A quick forum search suggests this shouldn't be possible -  could you look into this?

Will put both these on my list.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #4247 on: January 30, 2011, 07:53:55 PM »

Well when I did if pl:SteamID() == "mine" then return SomeOtherColor, it was working at first, until I added myself as a superadmin later, and it was overridden by the default superadmin color.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4248 on: January 30, 2011, 09:04:56 PM »

Something must have gone wrong along the way, because any result returned by a TTTScoreboardColorForPlayer hook definitely takes priority over TTT's default code in GM:TTTScoreboardColorForPlayer. The lua code for hook.Call shows this: first all hooks are called, and if one of them returns a result then that's the result of the hook.Call. If not, it calls the equivalent function on the gamemode table (ie. GM:Hookname).
Liru
Poster

« Reply #4249 on: January 30, 2011, 11:08:09 PM »

Quick idea for haste mode: increasing the visible time left for the innocents as bodies are found/confirmed dead. I hate having to manually calculate the approximate time left based on how many people are confirmed dead (which is fairly easy to do with a stopwatch/timer at your side).

Redditor? Join the TTT reddit:
http://ttt.reddit.com
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4250 on: January 31, 2011, 01:08:31 PM »

That would be difficult to display in a manner that is not counter-intuitive. For example, the flashing red time used on the traitor's hud couldn't be used because that is an accurate indication while this would be an estimate. Considering that the time remaining is not critical information for innocents, I don't plan to further complicate the timer display just to communicate a (bad) estimate of that time.

---

Latest SVN removes DNA from radios and moves the silenced pistol to 20 per clip (compensated by slightly lower firing rate, same as standard pistol now).
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #4251 on: February 01, 2011, 02:57:06 AM »

Is it possible to newton launch the thrown knife? Because I tried with a few people and couldnt get it to work, but maybe we just missed.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4252 on: February 01, 2011, 09:17:03 AM »

The newton fires a kind of "bullets" that need to hit the thing you want to push. That is going to be extremely hard with a thrown knife. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work if you do get a hit in.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #4253 on: February 02, 2011, 10:51:42 PM »

So, today while being a traitor I highlighted my knife preparing to pull it out, and my intended target asked if I just pulled out a knife. Apparently he saw me pull it out and switch back to my main weapon quickly. I didn't actually pull the knife out however, just highlighted it in the weapon queue.

I'm not sure if you were aware of that, if it was a random bug caused by lag or a Source quirk, but thought you should be aware of it.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4254 on: February 02, 2011, 11:28:17 PM »

The weapon selection menu is fully clientside. Only when you click to select a weapon does it send the command to switch to that weapon to the server. This means it is simply impossible for your highlighted selection in the weapon menu to affect what other people see, even if it were stuffed full of bugs. The information of what you highlight does not exist in their game, so to speak.

There might be a Source/gmod quirk where it flashes one of the weapons you don't have selected. Not something I could fix, if there is.

Also possible that the other guy was 1) guessing, or 2) hacking (which could tell him you had a knife).
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #4255 on: February 03, 2011, 02:41:00 PM »

I have had a few complaints about a C4 problem.

Several players have said that if they find and disarm a C4, pick it up, take it to detective, drop the C4 for detective to DNA scan.
And another innocent comes along and arms the C4 for say 10 minutes, then trys to defuse it and it explodes.
The player that picked up C4 and dropped it for Detective gets blamed for the kills, not the innocent player that armed it then made it explode.

I thought at 1st this was just "an excuse" for their Karma ban.
However a lot of people have said same thing, including several of the servers "good" players.

So I am wondering is there a bug with C4, where the player who drops it is still classed as the C4 armer rather than the player who did arm it.

*edit*
Also is it possible to have NPCs ignore spectators in TTT.
As in certain maps like the Zombie Master ones or a map like Artic Complex.
When a player triggers a spawn NPC event, the NPCs will go after players who are dead/spectator, and they usually find it fun to muck things up.
Or is this a GMOD problem that you can't do anything about?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 03:18:36 PM by NaRyan »

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4256 on: February 03, 2011, 05:12:48 PM »

That would be a C4 bug, yes. It won't change the "owner" when a player arms it, which clearly it ought to do.

Regarding NPCs, this is because NPCs in Gmod will attack players in the spectator team who are not dead (ie. late joiners etc). New maps that want to use NPCs can prevent them from attacking spectators by specifying an enemy filter that is a filter_activator_team testing for team 1, which is the terrorist team.

I have an idea that might resolve it, will test it later. That's the only thing I'm going to try though, all other solutions would be too much work.
edit: Results are promising so far.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 06:03:57 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4257 on: February 04, 2011, 11:07:31 AM »

SVN r834:
- Fixes spectators vs NPCs. Testing welcome.
- C4 kills now blamed on armer rather than planter.
- Detective hats should now work properly. Not enabling them by default yet.

I redid the hat code to be identical to how Source puts weapon models on players, which I tried before but I believe I missed something back then. Seems to work perfectly now in my testing.
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #4258 on: February 04, 2011, 09:05:26 PM »

NPCs seem to be ignoring spectators now :)
However another bug with C4, The C4 info on what wire is safe is not showing up on Traitor corpses now.
several traitor corpses checked after several C4s had been planted (and all 5 checked at round end), and not 1 of the Traitors had C4 safe wire info on them.

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4259 on: February 04, 2011, 10:19:09 PM »

Not tested, but should be fixed now in r835.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length