Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:14:33 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699197 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3460 on: September 08, 2010, 08:37:43 AM »

Auto AFK slay no longer seems to trigger the usual chat "I've been afk for blabla and moved to spectator"

If possible, I'd also like to request for detectives to show up under the damage-log, this might help in certain cases.

The code to make them say the message is still there, same as it was. I'll check it out.

Will do the detective thing.

I've contacted my server provider, and he says it is caused by the ragdolls TTT makes. Is this true?

TTT creates server-side ragdolls. If your server can't handle as many ragdolls as your playercount, then you could try reducing the playercount. Server-side ragdolls are 100% required for TTT and will always stay that way.

He also muttered something about traces for the "last saw" thing being intensive as well.

It seems your server provider is just speculating at random on this one. Last Seen traces are simply the target ID traces, which are only performed clientside. The client sends the information about who you last saw to the server when you die. There is nothing intensive for the server in that system.

Kind of a non-issue, but rifle zoom sound no longer works.

Weird, I didn't change anything there. I'll check it out.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 08:39:30 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
Chief Tiger
Poster

What.

« Reply #3461 on: September 08, 2010, 07:27:48 PM »

TTT creates server-side ragdolls. If your server can't handle as many ragdolls as your playercount, then you could try reducing the playercount. Server-side ragdolls are 100% required for TTT and will always stay that way.

That's strange... when I first got the server it worked fine. It was a 24 slot then and it's a 24 slot now. The only way I see that could have made it start lagging is my server provider lowered how much power my server can use (which I doubt) or a garry's mod update made ragdolls lag a lot. I heard people complaining about it after 1 update but I can't remember which.

Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #3462 on: September 08, 2010, 09:09:35 PM »

Is it just me, or as the round progresses, does your server start lagging a lot?

FYI this has always been the case, specially on maps with floating ragdolls. Issue used to be a lot bigger when ragdolls still collided with one another, even on LAN you'll still get lag.
Mass lag every round however shouldn't happen, but decreased performance when more people die has always been the case.
AFAIK source engine was never made to handle ragdolls server side. I could be wrong on this and BKU no doubt knows a lot more regarding this then I do.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3463 on: September 08, 2010, 11:42:01 PM »

I saw another incident where 2 ragdolls were created, and 2 deaths were recorded. I'm still getting the details on what happened at the time, and if there was a newton launcher involved.

I'll update this post once I find out more about it.
Sam
Poster

« Reply #3464 on: September 09, 2010, 12:17:15 AM »

I've been getting this serverside error since the last couple of versions
Timer Error: [gamemodes\terrortown\entities\entities\ttt_map_settings\init.lua:70] attempt to index field 'Outputs' (a nil value)

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/samm5506
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3465 on: September 09, 2010, 10:01:38 AM »

There's some new stuff in the SVN. The gist:
- Timer error fixed.
- Detective-ness shown in damagelog.
- C4 menus now have a "destroy" button.
- Grenades that are dropped after the pin was pulled will now drop as armed grenades, ie. they will explode.
- Players extinguish under water, as do incendiary fires.

- Rifle zoom sound works for me.
- Idle chat message works for me.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 10:44:26 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
Sly
Poster

« Reply #3466 on: September 09, 2010, 10:22:22 AM »

'"Destroy" button?' What does that mean?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3467 on: September 09, 2010, 10:44:01 AM »

Button that destroys the C4. Lets you get rid of it without planting it or leaving it for anyone else to use (eg. as detective).
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3468 on: September 09, 2010, 04:12:42 PM »

Yeah te guy who was shot and ended up with 2 corpses had a newton launcher out and fully charged.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3469 on: September 09, 2010, 05:21:55 PM »

I'll do some more digging around in that area then. Do you know if the server was running v13?
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #3470 on: September 09, 2010, 05:46:15 PM »

"Disassemble" or "Disable" sounds less confusing than "Destroy".

You're all the most fucking heartless people
UnInvincible
Build Tester

SANTA SHAMBLER SEIZURE!

« Reply #3471 on: September 09, 2010, 06:36:35 PM »

I disagree, "Disable" or "Disassemble" could imply that it could be re-enabled, or re-assembled. Destroy is pretty damned clear to me, although if people think it's confusing BKU could just changed it to "Destroy C4".

my game keeps crashing as it loads, (i have all the expansion packs including the apartment life) and i am hearing that it might possibly be a custom content problem? how do i remove custom content?
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #3472 on: September 09, 2010, 06:42:59 PM »

There is also "Dispose of"

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Sam
Poster

« Reply #3473 on: September 09, 2010, 07:25:09 PM »

If a gamemode vote is displayed moments before a round ends, it is possible for the TTT Continue Vote to still appear and redo the gamemode vote, but the timer for the vote doesn't change so it's a bit messed up.

To fix this, I just added an extra check to the StartContinueVote() function...
if fretta_voting:GetBool() && !GetGlobalBool( "InGamemodeVote", false ) then

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/samm5506
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3474 on: September 09, 2010, 08:30:57 PM »

"Destroy C4".

This is the literal text on the button. It doesn't seem a particularly interesting avenue of discussion.

If a gamemode vote is displayed moments before a round ends, it is possible for the TTT Continue Vote to still appear and redo the gamemode vote, but the timer for the vote doesn't change so it's a bit messed up.

Will fix.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3475 on: September 09, 2010, 08:44:07 PM »

Originally i thought destroy c4 meant blow it up. But then i thought that would be dumb. But still.
UnInvincible
Build Tester

SANTA SHAMBLER SEIZURE!

« Reply #3476 on: September 09, 2010, 09:15:44 PM »

This is the literal text on the button. It doesn't seem a particularly interesting avenue of discussion.

Oh okay. So it's not confusing in any way.

my game keeps crashing as it loads, (i have all the expansion packs including the apartment life) and i am hearing that it might possibly be a custom content problem? how do i remove custom content?
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3477 on: September 10, 2010, 02:39:26 AM »

I'll do some more digging around in that area then. Do you know if the server was running v13?

It was.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #3478 on: September 10, 2010, 09:58:08 AM »

That's strange... when I first got the server it worked fine. It was a 24 slot then and it's a 24 slot now.

It was a 24 slot then and it's a 24 slot now.

24 slot then and it's a 24 slot now.

24 slot

Jack Bauer

Bro, I found your problem.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3479 on: September 10, 2010, 10:17:39 AM »

So I believe I can now replace the voicechat icon above people's heads without affecting normal gmod. This means I can make it prettier, or just less noticeable, or turn it off completely. That's the range of options, I can't make it only show up for people nearby or something, because I'm just overriding a texture.

Actually, writing this now, I had the idea of turning off the default icon (ie. making it invisible) and then drawing my own that I would have full control over. That may allow fancy stuff (no speaker while disguised, etc).

Do people find the voicechat icons matter in practice?
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length