Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:46:44 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699877 times)
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3420 on: August 30, 2010, 02:58:29 PM »

Just a little thing i noticed.
When you click the heading for the column in round report for wether someone died or not, it doesnt organize them, and it gives this error.

lua\vgui\dlistview.lua:553: attempt to compare string with userdata
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3421 on: August 30, 2010, 03:48:05 PM »

Fixed, it now sorts/groups them properly.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3422 on: September 01, 2010, 11:35:09 AM »

I'm working on a voicechat "battery" type thing to limit endless jibba jabba.

Server-configurable as always.
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #3423 on: September 01, 2010, 11:38:32 AM »

That sounds pretty cool actually. I can't wait to see what comes of it.

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3424 on: September 01, 2010, 03:24:02 PM »

New things are in the gmod SVN now. I may do a .zip release later, because I would like some testing of certain changes.

[li]Experimental voicechat battery: using the mic now lowers an energy meter if this is enabled, when drained your voicechat will turn off and be unusable for a few seconds (kind of like sprint recharge in some games). Several aspects are controlled by convars that will need tuning to practical environments, so I would appreciate testing and feedback in that area.[/li]
    [li]Karma: damage reduction now has a stronger effect earlier on. Karma around 700 for example will get you 30% reduction, where previously it'd be half that at most. This follows the server rules that exist in practice, which are harsh on RDM. Karma should now be a stronger motivator to avoid such kills without admin intervention. The clean round bonus has increased. Disabling ttt_karma_strict will revert to the old damage reduction formula.[/li]
    [li]Smaller things: logged damage now properly takes karma damage reduction into account, and the drawing code of the various HUD elements has been optimized (probably unnoticeable, maybe on low-spec PCs).[/li]

These are the voicechat battery convars available for tuning. They take effect when a new round starts.
ttt_voice_drain (def. 0):
Enables the voicechat battery feature. Voicechatting reduces a battery meter, when it's empty the player can't voicechat and must wait a few seconds for it to recharge.

ttt_voice_drain_normal (def. 0.2):
Battery drain per tick of voicechat for non-admin players.

ttt_voice_drain_admin (def. 0.05):
Battery drain per tick of voicechat for admins. Set to 0 to allow infinite mic usage.

ttt_voice_drain_recharge (def. 0.05):
Battery recharge rate per tick of not voicechatting.
Joest
Build Tester

ZM's Resident Furfag

« Reply #3425 on: September 01, 2010, 03:26:01 PM »

So, for every four seconds of not talking you get a second of talking?

I love cats. My cat ambushed me when I got out of the shower and attacked my dick.
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #3426 on: September 01, 2010, 03:41:57 PM »

I can't wait to try this out.

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3427 on: September 01, 2010, 03:50:56 PM »

So, for every four seconds of not talking you get a second of talking?

No, you don't need to have a full bar to talk. The mechanic is that when your bar empties completely it will stay empty for a few seconds.

The current numbers are almost entirely arbitrary. I can't estimate what kind of configuration will work best without real-world testing.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3428 on: September 01, 2010, 07:09:49 PM »

Could you maybe make it so that you can get the damage logs pre round also? Or is there some reason you didnt do that?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3429 on: September 01, 2010, 07:19:16 PM »

No reason. I'll change the check to allow it.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #3430 on: September 02, 2010, 02:16:05 PM »

I sometimes get stuck in the spectator tab, the tab that opens up when you idle for too long. I can't press it with my mouse when a new round has started which results in having to kill gmod's process in order to get back in the game again.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3431 on: September 02, 2010, 06:24:44 PM »

Just press escape twice.
Also works with opening your console.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3432 on: September 02, 2010, 07:05:01 PM »

I'll look into it. For now as Jo said you can force the mouse to come up with esc.

edit: I can't reproduce it no matter what I try.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 07:56:51 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3433 on: September 02, 2010, 08:20:16 PM »

Well for me it happens every time the window opens.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #3434 on: September 02, 2010, 08:21:29 PM »

It might have something to do with running gmod in windowed mode. Also thanks for the esc hint, I'll try that.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3435 on: September 02, 2010, 08:50:32 PM »

I run gmod windowed. I also tried a lot of variations like being in shift-tab when the popup comes up, or having the DNA Scanner window open and such.

And if it happens every time the window opens, well, next to the code that opens the window there's a line that literally says "hey gmod show that mouse" so if it doesn't I guess we know who to blame.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3436 on: September 02, 2010, 11:39:26 PM »

No, when it happens the mouse is there, it just doesn't do anything.
It seems like some odd bug that only happens for some people.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3437 on: September 03, 2010, 07:43:35 AM »

Do you have this with any of the other menus in TTT? I use a built-in gmod function to easily whip up the dialog window, but I could just replace it with a custom one that's closer to normal TTT menus (like no background blur and such, which might be the problem somehow) if those always work properly.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #3438 on: September 03, 2010, 11:43:17 AM »

The issue doesn't happen for any other TTT menu's, at least for me it doesn't.
Also I've noticed that when you buy a traitor/detective item and there isn't enough room, you are still able to buy another item. You however do not get the other item, but it will be locked out for the rest of the round if its limited to a one time use.

Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #3439 on: September 03, 2010, 05:44:18 PM »

I had an idea for a device the Traitor could use. It seems rather situational, but in some cases it could be extremely useful. I call it:

The Perish-Scope

The Perish-Scope works very much like a snake camera, or a pariscope. The Traitor equips it, and when he activates it, either he gets a new camera in a corner of his screen(or somewhere else), or his entire screen views it. It allows the Traitor to check round corners, though doors, up ladders, etc.

An optional ability for the Perish-Scope could be to allow it to fire some type of bullet, but it's damge is something I'm not sure about.

What do you think?

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length