Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:11:17 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699036 times)
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #3380 on: August 23, 2010, 05:14:00 PM »

Hey is there any way to trigger an output based on if innocents or traitors win. I want it to play certain music after the round ends, but the only way I've been able to do that is really clunky and buggy which is I make a huge trigger engulfing the whole map and set it to output on Checkfortraitors = 0 and that sometimes doesn't work well, and will play when traitors kill themselves after the round ends and they won.

I was wondering how easy it might be for you to add an entity or something that would send an output when a certain side won or lost?

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3381 on: August 23, 2010, 05:20:10 PM »

You're in luck, because I added exactly that a few days ago. ttt_map_settings will fire these outputs:

output MapSettingsSpawned(void) : "Fires when this entity spawns."
 output RoundPreparation(void) : "Fires when the Preparation phase of a round starts."
 output RoundStart(void) : "Fires when a round begins, meaning traitors have been selected."
 output RoundEnd(void) : "Fires when a round has ended. The type of win/loss is a parameter of the output: 2 = traitors win, 3 = innocent win, 4 = timelimit."

If you're in a hurry you could use the SVN version of the FGD already. There should be a gmod update on tuesday though.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 05:22:04 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #3382 on: August 23, 2010, 05:50:02 PM »

Oh wow, thanks BKU, that'll come in handy. I can wait for the Gmod update though, so it's all fine.

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #3383 on: August 23, 2010, 11:57:03 PM »

Just ran into a bug
When a spectator joins the game and sets themselves to Spectate Only, they're set to Missing in Action, but alive players will suddenly see this player as alive, even though he joined the game mid-round.

If that doesn't make a ton of sense, here's what happened.
-> I joined the game mid-round, set myself to spectate only.
-> For specs, MIAs, and dead players I am moved into the "Missing in Action" list.
-> Tigermisu suddenly says he sees my name in the scoreboard as if I'm alive.

Seems like it could be confusing for a full server.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 11:59:00 PM by C.Mong »

www.dnr-gaming.com
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3384 on: August 23, 2010, 11:59:46 PM »

Just ran into a bug
When a spectator joins the game and sets themselves to Spectate Only, they're set to Missing in Action, but alive players will suddenly see this player as alive, even though he joined the game mid-round.

Wow really? That explains a lot of my miscalculations when people are AFK... I could never find their damn body. If there's 7 people, will he count as the 8th, and there be 2 traitors, and a detective, or has this been tested?

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #3385 on: August 24, 2010, 12:54:39 AM »

If a person turns into a spectator, they die in-game. If someone finds their body, they will always be "Confirmed innocent."
If no one finds the body by the round end, then they will always be missing in action. Say the detective comes into play at 6 people. Two traitors are playing at 8. If there are 8 total players, and one is a spectator, he will not be counted. There will be one detective, and one traitor. They will stay as a spectator, and their body won't spawn.

I hope that clears it up, Meta-Stick? :P
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3386 on: August 24, 2010, 01:50:55 AM »

I have a suggestion, or request, whatever.

Could you maybe add a 4th tab to the end round report and make it damagelogs? And maybe have a button on there thats prints it in console for copy/pasting?

That would be better than having to type the command everytime.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3387 on: August 24, 2010, 02:58:56 AM »

About those damagelogs, what exactly made you change your mind? In this post, you said you would never allow regular players to see them.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3388 on: August 24, 2010, 07:37:25 AM »

Just ran into a bug

If that doesn't make a ton of sense, here's what happened.
-> I joined the game mid-round, set myself to spectate only.
-> For specs, MIAs, and dead players I am moved into the "Missing in Action" list.
-> Tigermisu suddenly says he sees my name in the scoreboard as if I'm alive.

Seems like it could be confusing for a full server.

It sounds like the issue is that specs who set spec-only mode are still killed by the game, so you become MIA. If it just left you "alive" as spectator, you would be properly shown as spectator. Should be easy to fix.

This won't affect traitor counts etc. It's just how you're shown on the scoreboard.

edit: Fixed in SVN.

About those damagelogs, what exactly made you change your mind? In this post, you said you would never allow regular players to see them.

A server admin asked.

And Darkest: no, I am not adding the damage log to the round report window.

very late edit:
GMod update 96 will be released later today. Detailed TTT changelog will be posted when it's out, or a little before that if they're slow about it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 02:06:59 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #3389 on: August 24, 2010, 05:42:25 PM »

Do you know when they pulled off of the SVN? They probably already have so it won't be absolutely up to date, right?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3390 on: August 24, 2010, 06:19:23 PM »

Garry exports his builds around noon, I take that into account now. Everything will be fully up to date. He didn't commit the latest dlls to the SVN until 5 hours after my last change.
Sly
Poster

« Reply #3391 on: August 24, 2010, 08:11:11 PM »

Quote from:  BKU
- Detectives can now drop their DNA Scanner. I don't remember why I disabled this when I made them standard equipment for detectives. Maybe I had a good reason, we'll find out soon enough.[/quote]

Fantastic. I had no idea why this was disabled.
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #3392 on: August 25, 2010, 02:07:01 AM »

I have noticed this in console log everytime Traitors win

Round ended.
Result: traitors win.
Lua Error: Timer Error: ...rrortown\entities\entities\ttt_map_settings\init.lua:71: attempt to index field 'Outputs' (a nil value)

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #3393 on: August 25, 2010, 02:13:52 AM »

I'd like to point out that the dead body icon looks nothing like a dead body, making the binoculars icon look weird.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3394 on: August 25, 2010, 07:22:52 AM »

I have noticed this in console log everytime Traitors win

Will fix. The error won't break anything.

I'd like to point out that the dead body icon looks nothing like a dead body, making the binoculars icon look weird.

It's interesting how a screenshot of a dead body looks nothing like a dead body. But yeah, it could use work.

edit:
SVN now has fixes for that Lua error, and a new icon for binoculars (which people won't see until gmod updates). The binoculars' viewmodel could also show when zoomed in far, that's now fixed.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 10:32:44 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
ApeSpecter
Poster

« Reply #3395 on: August 26, 2010, 09:58:05 AM »

Are you sure the fast weapon switch is working?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3396 on: August 26, 2010, 10:42:56 AM »

I am not aware of any problems (or I would have fixed them).
ApeSpecter
Poster

« Reply #3397 on: August 26, 2010, 11:00:50 AM »

I am not able to fast switch them, I still need to click to change the weapons.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3398 on: August 26, 2010, 11:32:15 AM »

So you've turned on fast weapon switch in the settings, then you scroll the mousewheel, and you get the menu instead of it switching weapons?
ApeSpecter
Poster

« Reply #3399 on: August 26, 2010, 02:03:38 PM »

Ok I thought pressing 1 2 3 4 etc. would work(because that is the thing I understand from fast weapon switch), can you add an option so that it even stays on after changing weapons?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 02:18:22 PM by ApeSpecter »
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length