Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:21:35 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699574 times)
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #3360 on: August 20, 2010, 01:07:54 PM »

I suggest that players (mostly traitors) be able to use both slot 7 and slot 8 (slot 8 being the one being used exclusively for the DNA scanner I believe) for all traitor/detective items. The reason behind this is because it lets traitors use their items in combination, i.e. teleporter + newton launcher. Of course, traitors packing two items can't pick up DNA scanners.

Alternately, move DNA scanner to slot 9 and have slot 7 and 8 for items.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Nasu
Poster

« Reply #3361 on: August 20, 2010, 01:17:12 PM »

Well I'll support if the items that can be used in combination are limited.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #3362 on: August 20, 2010, 05:42:50 PM »

I've noticed you can't quick switch between the DNA Scanner (When the menu is closed) and a weapon, which is kind of inconvenient especially when there are people around and you want to be extra careful. Is this by design or just something that's been overlooked?
Traitors also can't quick switch from the teleporter to a gun.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3363 on: August 20, 2010, 06:03:00 PM »

I've noticed you can't quick switch between the DNA Scanner (When the menu is closed) and a weapon, which is kind of inconvenient especially when there are people around and you want to be extra careful. Is this by design or just something that's been overlooked?
Traitors also can't quick switch from the teleporter to a gun.

Just hasn't come up. I'll go over all the special weapons and make sure it works.
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #3364 on: August 20, 2010, 11:03:44 PM »

I just use T to switch to last weapon, and I can't switch between the DNA scanner and anything else, which is a real pitty because that seems like it would be the best thing to be able to switch to.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3365 on: August 22, 2010, 01:00:14 AM »

I just use T to switch to last weapon, and I can't switch between the DNA scanner and anything else, which is a real pitty because that seems like it would be the best thing to be able to switch to.

2 posts up. He's fixing it.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3366 on: August 22, 2010, 01:45:19 AM »

Since the whole hat thing didnt work, i just wanna put this out there.
Monocles for the detectives anyone? I mean the hat looked pretty nice, im sure you could whip up a decent monocle.
Or are you not gonna go down that road again? It would probably turn out the same way as the hat what with all the bugs and such.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3367 on: August 22, 2010, 02:30:23 AM »

How many detectives wear monocles?

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3368 on: August 22, 2010, 02:59:52 AM »

Does that really matter?

Edit: All of them.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 03:01:26 AM by Darkest_97 »
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #3369 on: August 22, 2010, 03:41:53 AM »

Monocle would present the same exact problems as a hat.
Staghorn
Poster

« Reply #3370 on: August 23, 2010, 01:24:47 AM »

I don't know if I should make a new thread for this, but I have an idea for a new traitor weapon.

Leg Dampeners: Completely negates fall damage.

Good for goomba stomping and quick getaways.
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #3371 on: August 23, 2010, 02:15:32 AM »

Would cause to much exploting with maps that have cliffs or huge ledges that you are supposed to die when you fall down them.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
NaPStone2
Poster

I AM UNORGINAL SO I USE THIS GIF

« Reply #3372 on: August 23, 2010, 03:40:57 AM »

Maybe simply halves it.
would still break some maps that are just long enough to die from.

maybe u shud w8
then stream got time 4 ur rqest later
and u downlad
Lapis Lazuli
Poster

« Reply #3373 on: August 23, 2010, 03:51:59 AM »

I know I post ideas here every now and then, some good but most probably bad but...

It'd be kinda cool if detectives had some way to atleast clear 1 persons innocence so they could work along-side them. I think a good way of doing this would be giving detectives a "Handcuff" special equipment, which forces the player to stay holstered until the handcuffs are removed. Traitors, however, would be able to break / unlock handcuffs, but obviously if they did so they would be exposing the fact that they are a traitor. I think this would add an extra element of strategy to finding out if someone is a traitor, since it can *possibly* clear someone's innocence, or at least provide you with a temporary set of extra eyes to help keep watch over you without having to worry the whole game that they are also a traitor. Unlike some weapons mods I've seen on servers (like the instant killing of traitors weapon, golden gun... I forget which server) I think that the handcuffs would be a neat way of making the detective class feel much more powerful and have more control over the innocence, which is supposed to be the basic idea.

Also, I think the 2 special equipment slots I read about earlier may be a good idea, as long as players are unable to carry 2 of the same items (no double c4s or knives or whatever else). Or you can make certain items take up 2 special equipment slots rather than 1, so it works more like an inventory.

One LAST thing, It'd be nice if you could change the order at which your guns are ordered in your own menu. So you could change it to something like:
1) Special Equipment
2) Secondary
3) Primary
4) Crowbar
5) DNA

Etc etc
NaPStone2
Poster

« Reply #3374 on: August 23, 2010, 04:11:17 AM »

Go into options menu.
Bind *key number here* to *preferred key number here*
???
KILLING

maybe u shud w8
and u downlad
Lapis Lazuli
Poster

« Reply #3375 on: August 23, 2010, 04:34:11 AM »

Right, but the problem with that is it messed up my Gmod configuration, and doesn't show up accurately when looking through the TTT weapon menu. (Atleast, I think that would be the case.)
NaPStone2
Poster

« Reply #3376 on: August 23, 2010, 04:45:27 AM »

It wouldn't "look" right in TTT menu if you rebound keys, but if you rebound keys, then use the keys and it wont matter.
If you use the scroll wheel then your SOL for the time being.

maybe u shud w8
and u downlad
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3377 on: August 23, 2010, 05:25:01 AM »

You can't buy 2 knives, and if you've found another, I think you deserve it. Not to mention why is two c4 a bad idea? It holds no advantage over having 1 c4, and an extra credit to buy another right after.

Also handcuffs for innocents has trolling written all over it. Plus any magic item, or special thing that reveals a person as innocent that a detective could get would just go against the fundamentals of the game. It narrows it down by 2 people for whoever else is innocent because the guy would know that the detective, and the proven innocent guy aren't traitors.

One more thing... Leg Dampeners? You could at least call them Shock Absorbers... >_< Regardless a bad idea. Leads to exploits as that guy stated.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3378 on: August 23, 2010, 07:43:51 AM »

You could prevent exploits if you only made those shock absorbers negate damage if you land on top of someone. That would make them rather risky though.

I don't think handcuffs would be much fun for the handcuffed person.

Customizing weapon order is not going to happen.

Carrying multiple traitor weapons would be a significant powerup for traitors. I'm keeping the idea on my list though. One way of doing it would be to move certain traitor weapons to be slot 8. That would make it easy to restrict certain combinations and double-carrying. Might be too restrictive though, I haven't worked out which weapon would go where.
Nasu
Poster

« Reply #3379 on: August 23, 2010, 11:47:04 AM »

Carrying multiple traitor weapons would be a significant powerup for traitors. I'm keeping the idea on my list though. One way of doing it would be to move certain traitor weapons to be slot 8. That would make it easy to restrict certain combinations and double-carrying. Might be too restrictive though, I haven't worked out which weapon would go where.

Restricting them someway like:
tele in slot 8
c4 in slot 8

and others in slot 7
Both tele and c4 are more "passive" weapons.
Also if you add this, the covert detective is also a really good idea:
You have automatically 2 mins at start covert and after that it costs 1 credit to continue the covert for the rest of the round, or untill you reveal yourself (you can reveal at 2 first mins too ofc)
No buy menu when covert.
And there has been some talk about adding this, traitors should see when they are being scanned with dna, but imo thats a bad idea.
Just mah 2 cents here
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length