Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:54:09 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700369 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3220 on: August 06, 2010, 07:47:16 PM »

The new stuff in the video is now available via the gmod SVN, so enterprising server owners can have a gander.

The only other change from v8 so far is that headshot multipliers have been tuned: lower for the MAC10 and HUGE, higher for the UMP.

Is there anyway to credit the traitor if the trap kills a detective or some such?

It's hard. Now that the traitor button stuff is in, there's more use for it, so I'll probably look into it.

Inevitably though, maps will have to be modified. The standard trigger_hurt definitely doesn't allow it. At best I might be able to make an otherwise identical replacement entity that does attribute correctly.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 07:50:31 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #3221 on: August 06, 2010, 08:49:01 PM »

In the latest version spectators and the dead are unable to search corpses or posess props.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3222 on: August 06, 2010, 09:43:11 PM »

In the latest version spectators and the dead are unable to search corpses or posess props.

There's now a fix in the gmod SVN, so if Soduka is feeling particularly active he can update to the latest.

Other issues I currently know about:
- NPC ragdolls are clientside and don't get cleaned up when a new round starts
- I'll also mention that Gmod's server stuff is still unstable and sometimes laggy, but that's not related to anything TTT does. Garry is working on it.

Once I've had a chance to look at the NPC ragdolls and some other things on my list, I may release a download version of v9. It depends on whether there's another gmod update tomorrow or not, seeing as the server issues aren't solved yet.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #3223 on: August 07, 2010, 01:12:28 AM »

There's now a fix in the gmod SVN, so if Soduka is feeling particularly active he can update to the latest.

Other issues I currently know about:
- NPC ragdolls are clientside and don't get cleaned up when a new round starts
- I'll also mention that Gmod's server stuff is still unstable and sometimes laggy, but that's not related to anything TTT does. Garry is working on it.

Once I've had a chance to look at the NPC ragdolls and some other things on my list, I may release a download version of v9. It depends on whether there's another gmod update tomorrow or not, seeing as the server issues aren't solved yet.

Added the fix, using the svn is so easy with the knowledge of what exactly changed. Two files, piece of cake.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3224 on: August 07, 2010, 01:34:36 AM »

ttt_always_use_mapcycle doesn't seem to work right.
I was thinking about the logic, and it should work, but it doesn't
If you make ShouldMapSwitch() return false, everything works correctly, but it doesn't return false even if fretta_voting is off, and ttt_always_use_mapcycle is either on or off.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #3225 on: August 07, 2010, 03:33:19 AM »

weapons\weapon_tttbase\shared.lua:161: attempt to call method 'IsTraitor' (a nil value)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3226 on: August 07, 2010, 07:53:52 AM »

weapons\weapon_tttbase\shared.lua:161: attempt to call method 'IsTraitor' (a nil value)

When did this happen? Was it perhaps when you spawned in as terrorist immediately after a map load? It has to be some crazy scenario where part of the clientside gamemode code hasn't even finished loading yet (else the function IsTraitor cannot be nil on a valid player object). I ask mostly out of curiosity, because the error is easy to prevent, it's just aggravating because it shouldn't be possible. It's like checking if your feet are still attached every time you go for a walk.

ttt_always_use_mapcycle doesn't seem to work right.
I was thinking about the logic, and it should work, but it doesn't
If you make ShouldMapSwitch() return false, everything works correctly, but it doesn't return false even if fretta_voting is off, and ttt_always_use_mapcycle is either on or off.

It would be helpful if you described how it doesn't work right. What do you observe, and what were those convars on at the time?

If ShouldMapSwitch() returns false, the game is in fretta_voting mode and will start a vote when the round/time limit is reached (the mapcycle convar isn't even considered in this case).
If ShouldMapSwitch() returns true, it will switch the map instead of doing a vote. That only happens when fretta_voting is off, or if it's enabled and ttt_always_use_mapcycle is also enabled.

If what you want is a gamemode vote at the time/round limit, meaning it works correctly for you in the "false" case outlined above, then by definition you don't care about the use_mapcycle cvar.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #3227 on: August 07, 2010, 08:16:23 AM »

I honestly don't know. Someone in my server had it once today, he said it spammed like 10 times in console and then just stopped.
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #3228 on: August 07, 2010, 08:18:30 AM »

I remember seeing this when a traitor got shot and died.  Then it spammed all over my screen.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3229 on: August 07, 2010, 08:34:07 AM »

I remember seeing this when a traitor got shot and died.  Then it spammed all over my screen.

I doubt it was the same error, because it's in the crosshair drawing function. I don't think his crosshair was on your screen.

Anyway, there will be a fix in next release (or the SVN) once I do some testing. Then we'll see if it still occurs.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3230 on: August 07, 2010, 01:16:32 PM »

It would be helpful if you described how it doesn't work right. What do you observe, and what were those convars on at the time?

If ShouldMapSwitch() returns false, the game is in fretta_voting mode and will start a vote when the round/time limit is reached (the mapcycle convar isn't even considered in this case).
If ShouldMapSwitch() returns true, it will switch the map instead of doing a vote. That only happens when fretta_voting is off, or if it's enabled and ttt_always_use_mapcycle is also enabled.

If what you want is a gamemode vote at the time/round limit, meaning it works correctly for you in the "false" case outlined above, then by definition you don't care about the use_mapcycle cvar.

Well to me it looked like when ttt_always_use_mapcycle was false, ShouldMapSwitch() should return false, so nothing would happen after the maps left ran out, meaning I could use that time for a custom vote script.
Is there any way to stop it from changing map so fast without enabling fretta?

Also I have an idea:
If you're a detective, you can check a body that was killed by a prop, and it will say something like "You can see the dent of a prop in his body" and it will show a picture of the prop. You can then look for that prop, and if you find it, you can get DNA off of it.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 01:47:46 PM by JoTheShmo »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3231 on: August 07, 2010, 02:11:09 PM »

Well to me it looked like when ttt_always_use_mapcycle was false, ShouldMapSwitch() should return false, so nothing would happen after the maps left ran out, meaning I could use that time for a custom vote script.
Is there any way to stop it from changing map so fast without enabling fretta?

Start your vote in a TTTEndRound hook, and make a TTTDelayRoundStartForVote hook return true while your vote is active.

If you're a detective, you can check a body that was killed by a prop, and it will say something like "You can see the dent of a prop in his body" and it will show a picture of the prop. You can then look for that prop, and if you find it, you can get DNA off of it.

There are too many different props for this to work. A sandbox-style model icon is not an option, as those are unrecognisable half the time. Additionally, I doubt there are sufficient propkills done in practice to warrant the effort.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3232 on: August 07, 2010, 06:15:43 PM »

I tried that, it didn't seem to work.
I don't quite understand TTTDelayRoundStartForVote.
Also, for the prop thing, just use a DModelPanel and make it not spin.
That way you can just place it on top of a nice little well designed square, and the transparency around the edges will make it look like a custom icon.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3233 on: August 07, 2010, 06:50:41 PM »

I tried that, it didn't seem to work.
I don't quite understand TTTDelayRoundStartForVote.

hook.Add("TTTDelayRoundStartForVote", "beep", function() return true end)

Now it will keep delaying the start of a new round by 30 seconds. So you start your voting stuff in TTTEndRound, and you make DelayRoundStart return true while your vote is going on. Then the map changes, or people vote to extend (in which case you make DelayRoundStart return false).

I don't see the difficulty. You can call something at the end of a round, and you can stop the game from starting a new one. What more do you need for voting systems.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3234 on: August 07, 2010, 06:51:38 PM »

Yeah but when I did that, the rounds would never even start, and when I only made it return true while it was in the process of a vote, nothing seemed to change.

Oh, you see, I don't actually need to delay the round start, but the map change, once all the round count goes to 0.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 06:55:46 PM by JoTheShmo »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3235 on: August 07, 2010, 06:57:51 PM »

Well whatever, the hooks work as intended, and I'm not going to debug your stuff in this thread.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3236 on: August 07, 2010, 07:00:12 PM »

Well what about the prop thing?
Also ttt_always_use_mapcycle still doesn't work.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3237 on: August 07, 2010, 07:08:58 PM »

Well what about the prop thing?

I don't see the point, because propkills are incredibly rare. I already said this in my original response. Read, and stop whoring for answers to your every little question. If I ignore something, it's because I don't think it's worth replying to.

Also ttt_always_use_mapcycle still doesn't work.

I went and started up gmod just to test this. Guess what? It fucking works.

Not going to reply to further posts from you in this thread for a while.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3238 on: August 07, 2010, 07:11:36 PM »

Sorry, I didn't realize how aggravating this was...
I was just trying to help debug :(
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 07:13:19 PM by JoTheShmo »
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #3239 on: August 07, 2010, 08:04:41 PM »

I doubt it was the same error, because it's in the crosshair drawing function. I don't think his crosshair was on your screen.

Anyway, there will be a fix in next release (or the SVN) once I do some testing. Then we'll see if it still occurs.

Yeah, all I remember is that it said "IsTraitor"(nilvalue). 

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length