Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:01:39 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1702742 times)
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3080 on: July 26, 2010, 07:16:45 PM »

When you jump on someone's head, it says a Holstered was used to kill him, like the flare gun used to. This goes along with saying a heavy object crushed him.
In the end-of-round logs it shows that they were just plain killed by the person, with no hints of how they died (by being crushed).

Hmm, another time it said they were crushed, and that a pistol was used to kill them.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:20:16 PM by JoTheShmo »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3081 on: July 26, 2010, 07:45:50 PM »

When you jump on someone's head, it says a Holstered was used to kill him, like the flare gun used to. This goes along with saying a heavy object crushed him

Fixed.

In the end-of-round logs it shows that they were just plain killed by the person, with no hints of how they died (by being crushed).

This is just because I hadn't gotten around to adding a message for crushing type damage yet. It's in for next version.
Sly
Poster

« Reply #3082 on: July 27, 2010, 06:23:41 PM »

Interesting glitch:

I was crushed by a rifle?

Perhaps my crusher was holding a rifle?

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj195/Slythernite/riflecrush.jpg?t=1280254983
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 07:37:02 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3083 on: July 27, 2010, 07:39:38 PM »

That's the bug where someone crushes you (eg. by falling on your head) and the game thinks his current weapon was used to kill you. It's been fixed for next version.

(For the record, I edit screenshots to URLs after I've seen them to avoid unnecessary scrolling and table breaking, this is not personal or related to the screenshot)
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3084 on: July 28, 2010, 09:13:45 AM »

Also this is very minor, but if the round ends and you have your buy menu up (and I'm assuming the same happens for the DNA scanner panel), it stays up, which is slightly odd. It doesn't even need to go down, but personally, I think it would look better if it did.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3085 on: July 28, 2010, 10:45:33 AM »

I've added two new commands:
- ttt_equipswitch switches to your slot 7 weapon and back (like the gravgun key in HL2), it uses gmod's noclip bind (the V key) by default when cheats are off (can't noclip then anyway).

- ttt_quickslot <number> switches to the given slot number without going through the menu.

If there are any request for useful commands, or just small bugfixes or other things, post them in the next 24 hours from this post. That way I can get in a few more things tomorrow morning and pack up v4.

Also this is very minor, but if the round ends and you have your buy menu up (and I'm assuming the same happens for the DNA scanner panel), it stays up, which is slightly odd. It doesn't even need to go down, but personally, I think it would look better if it did.

Both fixed. Equipment menu will close on round end, the DNA scanner panel will close if the weapon is removed (like when a new round starts).
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #3086 on: July 29, 2010, 12:22:35 AM »

Is it possible to ask for 'ttt_buy' ? Like 'ttt_buy knife' would just buy the knife for you, good for when you are in a hotspot and don't want to let your guard down by pressing 'C' . Also good to see you implemented my traitor weapon switch idea, was always an issue to let go of the mouse to hit 7 :)

Well I'm just going to throw any old idea o have lurking in the recess of my brain, so don't bash me for them, it's a dark place in there!

maybe a function where detectives can give the other detectives their credits/credit if they need one, this would make the detectives work more 'together'.

Maybe an abridged version of the radar can be created for detectives, to show a corpse in the immediate vicinity, aka ranged.

Maybe the detectives c4 defuser can have a 5 second timer, in which the detective can be vulnerable, because we all know that defusing shouldn't be instant. :)

I myself think that the fire from incendiaries is too powerful, maybe it can be toned down a notch.

The flaregun, we know it destroys bodies, but what if there was a 1 in 10 chance of it not destroying the whole body and forcing the traitor to spend another precious flare
bullet on the corpse?

Knife throwing accuracy, I think it should swerve to the left or the right as it when thrown is a 1hit kill weapon, and therefore should have a miss ability.

Not sure, but the weapons seem to do little or next to 0 damage sometimes, might be lag but I'm not sure so...

Maybe make the players start with 1000 karma but have the max at 1200 or something similar, so they can increase it and possibly have 'Dependable' or something similar under their name where the normal karma text goes.

Traitor weapon, an addition to the scope of any weapon that let's you identify who you are aiming at from afar, so you can take out your enemies and not your r teammates by mistake ;)

More visual confirmation of scanned body, possible bodybag that the body is placed into if they were found / scanned by a detective, this would stop the DNA of the killer from Decomposing so quickly.

C4 code on bodies, maybe remove this and instead create an entity that is dropped in the shape of a note, that can be flared or moved with the magneto, so other traitors
could keep the c4 hidden, or an inno can take the note to the detective. This would allow a much more diverse c4 action and it won't be disfused so easily and giving more use to the detectives defuser. Also an icon with a pencil could be shown, saying 'They had a pencil on their body, but what did they write?' to show that they knew the c4 code but somebody has taken it.

Possibly a detective disguised, the ability for the detective to disguise himself as an innocent, aka, to all but other detectives it would show them as an innocent until they turned The disguised off as to allow them to work covertly undercover as an ordinary person. The downsIde is that the traitors can purchase a 'Person Background Researcher' they have to be looming at someone and it is disguised as holstered and has a regeneration time of 30 seconds so they can only check someomes real identity every 30 seconds for gamemode consistancy.

I have a few more ideas but I'll keep them to myself for now ;) You're all probably bored
of reading my ideas.

Also I should have 'you know what' set up for you sometime tomorrow/later today If all goes well ;)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 12:56:41 AM by phoenixf129 »

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Spartan
Poster

« Reply #3087 on: July 29, 2010, 12:35:41 AM »

If there are any request for useful commands, or just small bugfixes or other things, post them in the next 24 hours from this post. That way I can get in a few more things tomorrow morning and pack up v4.
Both fixed.

I dunno if you read (or got) my pm but I noticed equipment floating oddly inside people when equipped and sometimes unequipped.

http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q91/andy_g_01/?action=view&current=ttt_amsterville_final0000.jpg&newest=1

You can see the dna scanner popping out, and this also happens with stuff like the binoculars. The kitchen roll just floats in the middle of the torso. Dunno if this intentional or just a glitch on my server. Just thought I'd mention it nonetheless.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 12:37:25 AM by Spartan »
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #3088 on: July 29, 2010, 12:46:09 AM »

That's fixed in the upcomng version :)

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3089 on: July 29, 2010, 12:56:21 AM »

Do you know why last words seem to only work half the time?
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #3090 on: July 29, 2010, 12:58:54 AM »

They don't work st all on our server Joe... Not sure why, I'll ask bku tomorrow/later
today about that. As for now it is 2am and I am in some dire need of sleep!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 01:01:10 AM by phoenixf129 »

Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3091 on: July 29, 2010, 03:07:14 AM »

BKU, can you make it so that when a detective searches a body that what they found will show up when you search it after? You know instead of having to open tab and clicking their name. Or was there a reason for it?
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3092 on: July 29, 2010, 03:26:25 AM »

effects\teleport_beamup\init.lua:29: Tried to use a NULL entity!
effects\teleport_beamdown\init.lua:27: Tried to use a NULL entity!

I'm pretty sure it was just your average teleport.
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #3093 on: July 29, 2010, 07:46:30 AM »

Lua Error: ...own\entities\weapons\weapon_zm_improvised\shared.lua:223: attempt to call method 'LagCompensation' (a nil value)

Not sure what caused it, as at the time I was not in game.
I have only seen that error 2 or 3 times, so I don't know what series of events is need to make that error happen :(

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #3094 on: July 29, 2010, 08:24:56 AM »

I noticed that the Traitors crosshairs aren't red anymore is this a bug?

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3095 on: July 29, 2010, 08:39:15 AM »

Is it possible to ask for 'ttt_buy' ?

ttt_order_equipment weapon_ttt_knife (or some other entity name)

maybe a function where detectives can give the other detectives their credits/credit if they need one, this would make the detectives work more 'together'.

Almost all their equipment can be bought and then thrown to another player, so a whole credit giving mechanic seems unnecessary.

Maybe an abridged version of the radar can be created for detectives, to show a corpse in the immediate vicinity, aka ranged.

Corpse finding equipment has been suggested, but discourages corpse hiding, and I want to encourage it.

Maybe the detectives c4 defuser can have a 5 second timer, in which the detective can be vulnerable, because we all know that defusing shouldn't be instant. :)

Defuser is already the least used weapon out there I believe, so don't think I'll nerf it.

I myself think that the fire from incendiaries is too powerful, maybe it can be toned down a notch.

Not sure. Maybe if more people agree. I like that it makes camping in a room a bad idea.

The flaregun, we know it destroys bodies, but what if there was a 1 in 10 chance of it not destroying the whole body and forcing the traitor to spend another precious flare
bullet on the corpse?

Random failure/success is a bad gameplay mechanic in a game like TTT. Note that very little in the game is random right now outside of traitor selection.

Knife throwing accuracy, I think it should swerve to the left or the right as it when thrown is a 1hit kill weapon, and therefore should have a miss ability.

The problem with adding "spread" to the knife throw is that it then becomes useless for long range throws, which are the best kind and are already easy to miss. It won't change much for short range throws.

Not sure, but the weapons seem to do little or next to 0 damage sometimes, might be lag but I'm not sure so...

People always complain about GMod's lag compensation.

Maybe make the players start with 1000 karma but have the max at 1200 or something similar, so they can increase it and possibly have 'Dependable' or something similar under their name where the normal karma text goes.

I don't want to give an advantage to existing players that have let their karma increase, over a newly joined player. Servers can easily do this if they want it, but it won't become default.

Traitor weapon, an addition to the scope of any weapon that let's you identify who you are aiming at from afar, so you can take out your enemies and not your r teammates by mistake ;)

Perhaps like a... giant red circle around your crosshair...

More visual confirmation of scanned body, possible bodybag that the body is placed into if they were found / scanned by a detective, this would stop the DNA of the killer from Decomposing so quickly.

For detectives, a corpse with a magnifying glass next to its name has been searched by a detective (so either you or another detective).

C4 code on bodies, maybe remove this and instead create an entity that is dropped in the shape of a note, that can be flared or moved with the magneto, so other traitors
could keep the c4 hidden, or an inno can take the note to the detective. This would allow a much more diverse c4 action and it won't be disfused so easily and giving more use to the detectives defuser. Also an icon with a pencil could be shown, saying 'They had a pencil on their body, but what did they write?' to show that they knew the c4 code but somebody has taken it.

I don't think people use the code often in practice, because it's quite easy to brute-force the code.

You might say, "well make it harder", but right now there seems to be an acceptable balance of C4 usage and effectiveness. I'm not sure it's worth fixing what is not broken in that respect.

Possibly a detective disguised, the ability for the detective to disguise himself as an innocent

Won't be effective, detectives are revealed at round start so traitors could just remember the names.

Not revealing detectives immediately, instead letting them choose if and when to reveal themselves, seems potentially interesting. I'll give that some further thought.

(Another post coming up to deal with the rest of the replies here)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3096 on: July 29, 2010, 08:53:52 AM »

Do you know why last words seem to only work half the time?

No, but there's something I can tweak that might help with that, so I will.

BKU, can you make it so that when a detective searches a body that what they found will show up when you search it after? You know instead of having to open tab and clicking their name. Or was there a reason for it?

The reason for that is that you are searching the body there and then, getting the information as you find it at that point in time, for example the amount of time since he died.

effects\teleport_beamup\init.lua:29: Tried to use a NULL entity!
effects\teleport_beamdown\init.lua:27: Tried to use a NULL entity!

I'm pretty sure it was just your average teleport.

Seems like the owner would have to die right after starting up the teleport. Can fix that error though.

I noticed that the Traitors crosshairs aren't red anymore is this a bug?

It is, and I'm surprised no one (including me) noticed until now, because as far as I can tell it's been this way since around the time when Detectives were introduced.
Spartan
Poster

« Reply #3097 on: July 29, 2010, 02:36:21 PM »

Noticed two things after the update:

http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q91/andy_g_01/?action=view&current=zm_roy_the_ship0000.jpg&newest=1

A green spherical effect appears around the object when you pick it up. This also occurs with bodies, although it's a bit harder to see.

----------------------------------------

http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q91/andy_g_01/?action=view&current=zm_roy_the_ship0001.jpg&newest=1

Massive spam of this error in console once the detective died. Never got this error when the server was low on people, but once it reached 10+ and there was a detective, suddenly this error appeared. It happened when I knifed him once, and in the ss, the detective was killed by the traitor and then then the traitor was killed. (So it wasn't just a one time thing)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3098 on: July 29, 2010, 02:48:57 PM »

The effect is intentional (and is in the changelog).

I'll check out that error.

edit: Confirmed. For some reason I did something differently (and wrong) in the DNA Scanner than in the Binocs, and only tested the Binocs. Derp.

The error will occur whenever a Detective dies and drops his DNA Scanner. You can kind of work around it by picking up the scanner, except it's invisible, so that involves randomly pressing E while standing around his body.

I'm putting up an update that fixes it now.

edit2: v5 is up.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 03:07:20 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #3099 on: July 29, 2010, 03:07:45 PM »

I feel like I asked this a long time ago, but is it possible to find a way to tie trigger_hurts to an activating player? That way you can optionally credit some circumstantial trap killings to the traitor who activates them. Would be nice for maps where some actions can kill a whole server, if for the sole reason of knowing who caused it.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length