Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:54:19 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700379 times)
laser2150
Poster

« Reply #2660 on: April 30, 2010, 09:44:49 PM »

I updated before I read it, now I guess animations for models doesn't work.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #2661 on: April 30, 2010, 09:55:35 PM »

There's a gmod update out with some Lua-related changes. TTT v280410 should not produce issues, older versions most likely will as there was a breaking change in SWEPs to do with third person animations. There might be other bad stuff due to changes I don't know about. I'll do some testing of my own tomorrow.

Appears third-person animations in the latest version isn't working. Everyone is in the infamous T-pose. This may or may not be due to the gamemode, can't tell if it's the updates fault or not. (As in, something they need to fix)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 10:21:42 PM by Alters »
laser2150
Poster

« Reply #2662 on: April 30, 2010, 10:12:42 PM »

actually it also looks like meta and sm are broken as well.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #2663 on: April 30, 2010, 10:21:17 PM »

ULX, and a lot of things were broken.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #2664 on: April 30, 2010, 10:22:12 PM »

Also feature request, if possible in the future would you be so kind as to specify which lua files you've edited once you put out a release?
I recall you posting a program which checks a lot of files and compares them somewhere along the way of this topic, I can't find it atm but if such a program is out there I'd be happy to know about it. As of now I'm using notepad++ but AFAIK it does not have a compare ALL function and checking each file separately is quite a lot of hassle. I do however understand if you don't want to be bothered with such a thing.
Also temp fix for the weapon animations:

Place this At the bottem of weapon_tttbase and you should be good to go. Regarding redundancy and what not of doing such a thing is beyond me as I've only recently started playing with LUA. This however fixes all the T poses that I've had. Some weapons seem slightly of with the handling but this could be blamed due to thirdperson testing and changing the fov angle. I'd test with bots but AFAIK you can't switch their primary weapon?

local ActIndex = {
[ "pistol" ] = ACT_HL2MP_IDLE_PISTOL,
[ "smg" ] = ACT_HL2MP_IDLE_SMG1,
[ "grenade" ] = ACT_HL2MP_IDLE_GRENADE,
[ "ar2" ] = ACT_HL2MP_IDLE_AR2,
[ "shotgun" ] = ACT_HL2MP_IDLE_SHOTGUN,
[ "rpg" ] = ACT_HL2MP_IDLE_RPG,
[ "physgun" ] = ACT_HL2MP_IDLE_PHYSGUN,
[ "crossbow" ] = ACT_HL2MP_IDLE_CROSSBOW,
[ "melee" ] = ACT_HL2MP_IDLE_MELEE,
[ "slam" ] = ACT_HL2MP_IDLE_SLAM,
[ "normal" ] = ACT_HL2MP_IDLE,
[ "fist" ] = ACT_HL2MP_IDLE_FIST,
[ "melee" ] = ACT_HL2MP_IDLE_MELEE2,
[ "passive" ] = ACT_HL2MP_IDLE_PASSIVE,
[ "knife" ] = ACT_HL2MP_IDLE_KNIFE
}

/*---------------------------------------------------------
  Name: SetWeaponHoldType
  Desc: Sets up the translation table, to translate from normal
standing idle pose, to holding weapon pose.
---------------------------------------------------------*/
function SWEP:SetWeaponHoldType( t )

local index = ActIndex[ t ]

if (index == nil) then
Msg( "SWEP:SetWeaponHoldType - ActIndex[ \""..t.."\" ] isn't set!\n" )
return
end

self.ActivityTranslate = {}
self.ActivityTranslate [ ACT_MP_STAND_IDLE ] = index
self.ActivityTranslate [ ACT_MP_WALK ] = index+1
self.ActivityTranslate [ ACT_MP_RUN ] = index+2
self.ActivityTranslate [ ACT_MP_CROUCH_IDLE ] = index+3
self.ActivityTranslate [ ACT_MP_CROUCHWALK ] = index+4
self.ActivityTranslate [ ACT_MP_ATTACK_STAND_PRIMARYFIRE ] = index+5
self.ActivityTranslate [ ACT_MP_ATTACK_CROUCH_PRIMARYFIRE ] = index+5
self.ActivityTranslate [ ACT_MP_RELOAD_STAND ] = index+6
self.ActivityTranslate [ ACT_MP_RELOAD_CROUCH ] = index+6
self.ActivityTranslate [ ACT_MP_JUMP ] = index+7
self.ActivityTranslate [ ACT_RANGE_ATTACK1 ] = index+8

end

/*---------------------------------------------------------
  Name: weapon:TranslateActivity( )
  Desc: Translate a player's Activity into a weapon's activity
So for example, ACT_HL2MP_RUN becomes ACT_HL2MP_RUN_PISTOL
Depending on how you want the player to be holding the weapon
---------------------------------------------------------*/
function SWEP:TranslateActivity( act )

if ( self.Owner:IsNPC() ) then
if ( self.ActivityTranslateAI[ act ] ) then
return self.ActivityTranslateAI[ act ]
end
return -1
end

if ( self.ActivityTranslate[ act ] != nil ) then
return self.ActivityTranslate[ act ]
end

return -1

end

Edit*

Furthermore noticed following lua error:
Lua Error: weapons/weapon_zm_improvised/shared.lua:218: attempt to call method 'LagCompensation' (a nil value)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 11:19:41 PM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Firestar1202
Poster

« Reply #2665 on: April 30, 2010, 11:34:47 PM »

Yeah a ton of stuff is messed up, not sure if anyone mentioned this already, but I've had a lot of problems with guns just not doing damage randomly, even with 1000 karma. It seems like it's only happened since the update, though. 
Another bug I noticed a while ago, but forgot to mention, is that at random times, when I buy a knife, I just don't get it. The "You have recieved your special equipment" thing pops up, I lose a credit, and the knife goes out of stock, but it's just not in my inventory.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #2666 on: May 01, 2010, 12:07:06 AM »

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=931745

Apparently we might be doing a roll back on gmod.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #2667 on: May 01, 2010, 01:01:02 AM »

They did a rollback recently. Everything is back to normal, for now.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2668 on: May 01, 2010, 07:39:27 AM »

Also feature request, if possible in the future would you be so kind as to specify which lua files you've edited once you put out a release?
I recall you posting a program which checks a lot of files and compares them somewhere along the way of this topic, I can't find it atm but if such a program is out there I'd be happy to know about it. As of now I'm using notepad++ but AFAIK it does not have a compare ALL function and checking each file separately is quite a lot of hassle. I do however understand if you don't want to be bothered with such a thing.

http://winmerge.org/

Also temp fix for the weapon animations:

Place this At the bottem of weapon_tttbase and you should be good to go. Regarding redundancy and what not of doing such a thing is beyond me as I've only recently started playing with LUA. This however fixes all the T poses that I've had.

The code makes sense. It might be possible to prevent the issue by deriving the TTT base weapon from base weapon (ie. setting SWEP.Base="weapon_base"). In fact I thought I was doing that bug it looks like I'm not.

A cut down version of the gmod patch is coming early next week, I'll see if I can release an update before that that will prevent issues.

edit: Looks like they might be doing a beta of it this time. We'll see what happens.

Some weapons seem slightly of with the handling but this could be blamed due to thirdperson testing and changing the fov angle. I'd test with bots but AFAIK you can't switch their primary weapon?

You can get a bot to switch to a weapon by enabling bot_mimic, getting them to pick up the weapon (you can drop it for them or ent_create it), then getting the same weapon yourself and firing.

You can also get them to pick up the weapon and use "bot_forcefireweapon weapon_zm_pistol", replacing the entity name as appropriate. The command might just be bot_fireweapon, I don't remember exactly, but you can find it easily by cycling through the bot_ command autocomplete.

You can use bot_mimic_yaw to turn them sideways so you can see the animation.

Furthermore noticed following lua error:
Lua Error: weapons/weapon_zm_improvised/shared.lua:218: attempt to call method 'LagCompensation' (a nil value)

Hopefully just some of that incidental breakage, because they didn't say anything about changing lagcompensation in SWEPs.

Yeah a ton of stuff is messed up, not sure if anyone mentioned this already, but I've had a lot of problems with guns just not doing damage randomly, even with 1000 karma. It seems like it's only happened since the update, though.

Sounds like lag.

Another bug I noticed a while ago, but forgot to mention, is that at random times, when I buy a knife, I just don't get it. The "You have recieved your special equipment" thing pops up, I lose a credit, and the knife goes out of stock, but it's just not in my inventory.

It's a longstanding issue with giving players weapons in Source/gmod. When you're in a cramped location, the engine can decide the weapon can't be spawned because it doesn't "fit" (even though a player fits perfectly well there, it's bullshit). TTT tries to use a fallback method if it detects this, but I have no idea if that works. If you find it happening in specific reproducible spots, I can test things and possibly fix it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 07:45:36 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #2669 on: May 01, 2010, 11:24:19 AM »

Many thanks for the information, furthermore I've just ran the update-tool on my server and it appears there was a roll-back based on:

Updating 'GarrysMod Content' from version 76 to version 75

Already stated by Alters.

Edit*

All those who actually used said hotfix posted by me above, you will have to remove it now gmod has rolled back. I've opted for removing it and including weapon_base as BKU suggested.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 12:28:19 PM by FF|NedStar »

Firestar1202
Poster

« Reply #2670 on: May 01, 2010, 11:18:17 PM »

It's a longstanding issue with giving players weapons in Source/gmod. When you're in a cramped location, the engine can decide the weapon can't be spawned because it doesn't "fit" (even though a player fits perfectly well there, it's bullshit). TTT tries to use a fallback method if it detects this, but I have no idea if that works. If you find it happening in specific reproducible spots, I can test things and possibly fix it.

So just don't buy weapons in small areas?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2671 on: May 02, 2010, 06:47:24 AM »

That would be an effective way of avoiding the issue.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 06:50:59 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2672 on: May 03, 2010, 06:01:27 AM »

Just played this game again for the first time in ages. I forgot how fun it is. It's fun.

Exactly 46 minutes and 5 seconds before someone said "Ajunk, you're an asshole. I hate you."

You're all the most fucking heartless people
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #2673 on: May 03, 2010, 06:19:36 PM »

Hmm, I might take you up on that, but be warned, zm_downtown_v1 has a tendency to devour your computer's processor, chew it up, spit it out, and then desecrate its remains when compiling.

I've been on Steam more lately so just let me know. :P

www.dnr-gaming.com
Broadsword
Build Tester

Upgrade to Sheep-on-Meth Today!

« Reply #2674 on: May 04, 2010, 02:10:32 AM »

Exactly 46 minutes and 5 seconds before someone said "Ajunk, you're an asshole. I hate you."

Well that's pretty impressive. New record?

LINE PIEEEEEECE!
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2675 on: May 04, 2010, 02:28:33 AM »

No.

Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2676 on: May 04, 2010, 06:27:01 AM »

I realize this isn't the best time for suggestions, but remember how you reduced headshot damage over range for shotguns? Well, I was thinking about the same thing for the deagle. During open gun fights, deagle users more than frequently get a random lucky headshot, which sucks. While I agree having the deagle's 1 hit headshot feature is good for assassinations at close to medium range, it really cannot be used for this reliably long range.

Consider reducing headshot damage over range?

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2677 on: May 04, 2010, 08:37:32 AM »

Nope.

In other news, according to garry's twitter they might be releasing an update today. Presumably it will just be the animation stuff (which broke everything) from last time without LuaJIT (which made old computers crash). I thought there was supposed to be a beta but whatever. Hopefully they do it while I'm awake so I can put out a firefighting release.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2678 on: May 04, 2010, 08:27:11 PM »

So looks like Valve is being slow with releasing the gmod update. I have no idea if it ends up coming out tomorrow or in a few hours when I'm asleep. Just in case, I've put a version online with a small change that might help with issues that arise. Note that I obviously have no idea if it will help at all, what with the update not being out as I post this.

There will be another update once I can test with the new gmod version and fix any issues that arise. That's why it's going here rather than the release thread.

v040510:

- Made weapons properly derive from gmod's weapon_base.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v040510
laser2150
Poster

« Reply #2679 on: May 04, 2010, 09:35:19 PM »

looks like Update is rolling out now.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length