Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:51:25 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700182 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2040 on: January 08, 2010, 10:49:03 PM »

New idea I was thinking of implementing on my own server: (which is why I was hoping to have the force commands work)
- Traitor Perk: Cryogenics (Requires 2 credits) - You have a chance of respawning again after being killed.  Only can be used when there are 3 or more traitors.
Uses convars or a math function to control the credits (math + convar, based on how many total credits one can get) and the chance (a percent through convar)

Seems overpowered, but you're free to give it a shot. I wouldn't use concommands though, just call ply:Spawn() directly at the end of GM:PlayerDeath if the player has that equipment, because that's the only part from force_traitor that you'd need (because the player already is traitor, just a dead one).
lynx
Poster

[VD-Owner]

« Reply #2041 on: January 08, 2010, 11:30:40 PM »

Seems overpowered, but you're free to give it a shot. I wouldn't use concommands though, just call ply:Spawn() directly at the end of GM:PlayerDeath if the player has that equipment, because that's the only part from force_traitor that you'd need (because the player already is traitor, just a dead one).

Really? Sweet.  The overpower part, it would only have a chance of working which is what I was thinking was the good thing.

Venatus Defero Owner
Pulsar Effect Admin
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #2042 on: January 08, 2010, 11:31:44 PM »

You should probably make it so you can only purchase it early in a round so people cant just pick it right when they're about to die

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
lynx
Poster

[VD-Owner]

« Reply #2043 on: January 09, 2010, 03:17:14 AM »

You should probably make it so you can only purchase it early in a round so people cant just pick it right when they're about to die

Thinking of doing like this:
You buy the perk. A timer starts (a minute or two) and it cannot be used in that time.  After that, you have a chance of being respawned.

Venatus Defero Owner
Pulsar Effect Admin
Unknown
Build Tester

What did you learn?

« Reply #2044 on: January 09, 2010, 03:18:16 AM »

Is there anyway to tell via plugin when a TTT round ends? I haven't noticed any way in SM.

Captain Laserkopf: YEAH THAT BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE AN POTATOES IN THEM
Mad Mints: >making plans for children before they're even born
Mad Mints: >implying she's not infertile from being punched in the uterus by my mind
Mad Mints: I'M HATING HER OVARIES TO DEATH
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2045 on: January 09, 2010, 08:56:17 AM »

You can do it using Lua:

function MyHookFn()
  print("The round just ended.")
end
hook.Add("TTTEndRound", "MyUniqueHookName", MyHookFn)

These hooks exist: TTTPrepareRound, TTTBeginRound, and TTTEndRound. Currently they have no arguments or anything, I'll add them based on what people use it for (if at all), so requests are welcome in that regard.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 08:59:49 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
Unknown
Build Tester

What did you learn?

« Reply #2046 on: January 09, 2010, 03:54:27 PM »

I wasn't going to modify anything heavily, I was just looking at how I could make RTV wait to change the map until the lua round ended.

Captain Laserkopf: YEAH THAT BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE AN POTATOES IN THEM
Mad Mints: >making plans for children before they're even born
Mad Mints: >implying she's not infertile from being punched in the uterus by my mind
Mad Mints: I'M HATING HER OVARIES TO DEATH
lynx
Poster

[VD-Owner]

« Reply #2047 on: January 09, 2010, 11:42:56 PM »

One thing one of the members of my community brought up:
During preparing stage, have everyone nocollide just incase people get stuck in each other.  Some servers *mine* have over 25 people in it and the maps dont always have that many spawn points, so they get rigged and stuck in eachother.

Venatus Defero Owner
Pulsar Effect Admin
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #2048 on: January 09, 2010, 11:48:53 PM »

As long as they cant go through props or wall's and stuff I really dont see why not.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
lynx
Poster

[VD-Owner]

« Reply #2049 on: January 10, 2010, 12:01:34 AM »

As long as they cant go through props or wall's and stuff I really dont see why not.

No collide is just with other players

Venatus Defero Owner
Pulsar Effect Admin
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #2050 on: January 10, 2010, 12:26:50 AM »

One thing one of the members of my community brought up:
During preparing stage, have everyone nocollide just incase people get stuck in each other.  Some servers *mine* have over 25 people in it and the maps dont always have that many spawn points, so they get rigged and stuck in eachother.

The problem is that people will get stuck anyway when the round starts.
lynx
Poster

[VD-Owner]

« Reply #2051 on: January 10, 2010, 12:48:22 AM »

The problem is that people will get stuck anyway when the round starts.

Not if they move.

Venatus Defero Owner
Pulsar Effect Admin
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #2052 on: January 10, 2010, 05:35:27 AM »

I imagine you'd have problems with people intentionally getting themselves stuck in others to be morons. Also I think this could be done serverside. There's hooks for the prepround and the roundstart.

I recall that you once considered adding hats for players. The problem being that any item making you unique is a liability. However, hats would be awesome. Maybe they could be implimented in a way where all players recieve them based on past level performace or by the choice of the player with the best score if they want to choose one. So the number one player at the end of the round could choose that all players get tophats next round, or dunce caps ect. It'd be a humourous touch.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 06:20:27 AM by JossiRossi »

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #2053 on: January 10, 2010, 08:01:14 AM »

Not if they move.

No, during the pre-round bit. Especially in some maps where weapons are a bit more centrally located, so everyone goes there and SOMEONE gets stuck.

Regardless, you're playing with large server numbers on maps that aren't made for it. Get bigger maps.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2054 on: January 10, 2010, 08:56:11 AM »

As mentioned, the problems will begin as soon as player collision turns on at the start of the round. People will intentionally create situations where terrible glitches happen (like 10 players stacking themselves into a closet).

A possible solution is adding a cvar that enables phased spawning, where it spawns a certain number of players every few seconds. This would disadvantage the later spawning players, but that would be the server admin's discretion.
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #2055 on: January 11, 2010, 03:17:50 PM »

Quote from:  Good Queen Niargru
- Fixed Last Words exploit.[/quote]
???
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2056 on: January 11, 2010, 04:02:14 PM »

There was a way to send Last Words messages whenever you wanted after you died using some tricks, due to a bug in the measure that should prevent that.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2057 on: January 12, 2010, 07:40:50 PM »

There's a minor bug in the current version when the karma maximum is raised over 1000. Players who have around 1100 and up will have a tiny damage reduction instead of being maxed at 100% damage. Will be fixed next version, until then servers might consider keeping the karma max at default if they consider it an issue.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #2058 on: January 12, 2010, 08:02:35 PM »

What if no collide was on from the start of the round until you weren't colliding with anyone anymore?
lynx
Poster

[VD-Owner]

« Reply #2059 on: January 12, 2010, 11:48:42 PM »

Was watching my server console using HLSW and saw this:
15:47:03 L 01/12/2010 - 17:47:05: Lua Error: ERROR: GAMEMODE:'PlayerDeath' Failed: terrortown\gamemode\karma.lua:109: attempt to call method 'GetTraitor' (a nil value)

Right before that was this:
15:47:03 L 01/12/2010 - 17:47:05: KILL:<TAB> <something/world> killed Chronos [innocent]

Venatus Defero Owner
Pulsar Effect Admin
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length