Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:25:18 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699793 times)
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1940 on: December 26, 2009, 08:42:15 PM »

Oh that's right. No I need walk so I can go holstered and then follow people like a slasher killer.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1941 on: December 26, 2009, 09:35:40 PM »

Oh yeah holstered walk.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1942 on: December 26, 2009, 10:20:22 PM »

Is the traitor chat now fixed? I'm always to worried to use it.

Haven't had complaints for quite a while now. The only issue is that sometimes it might show red for other traitors when you're global chatting, but it's not like innocent can hear you.

I honestly think "mute all innocents" totally should be a button. Sometimes I just want them to shut the fuck up so I can find the c4 I think I just heard, or so me and my traitor buddies can talk.

I guess I'd make it a checkbox in settings, with optional keybind. On the list.

Right now I'm working on finishing up the quick guide/tutorial thing that I've been planning for a while.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 10:49:25 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
JossiRossi
Build Tester

« Reply #1943 on: December 26, 2009, 11:19:21 PM »

I've found that the traitor chat box is almost ALWAYS is red when you hear a fellow traitor now. It's a bit unnerving as I've responded to comments that no one else heard, thinking it was in global chat.

Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1944 on: December 27, 2009, 01:12:34 AM »

Here's an idea.

You know how the current scoreboard notes have 5 predefined states? I think it'd be cool to have a feature where you can customize them. I don't think it's especially difficult to code since the entire system is client-side, and I just think it's a pretty cool thing to have.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1945 on: December 27, 2009, 10:45:05 AM »

I've found that the traitor chat box is almost ALWAYS is red when you hear a fellow traitor now. It's a bit unnerving as I've responded to comments that no one else heard, thinking it was in global chat.

I think the only way to improve the situation is running some tests with a bunch of debug output. I'll need someone to join a server I run and press his voice button occasionally for that.

You know how the current scoreboard notes have 5 predefined states? I think it'd be cool to have a feature where you can customize them. I don't think it's especially difficult to code since the entire system is client-side, and I just think it's a pretty cool thing to have.

Don't see the point.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

« Reply #1946 on: December 27, 2009, 04:21:49 PM »

Don't know if our time zones would match up but I'd be down for helping test things. I'm sure there'd be no shortage of test monkeys if you need them though.

Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #1947 on: December 27, 2009, 04:31:40 PM »

I'm up for testing.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1948 on: December 27, 2009, 05:24:53 PM »

Don't see the point.
So players can leave notes more specific to their style of play. But whatever it's extremely minor and just seemed like a good idea at the time.

Alright, just two things. I think the silenced pistol and disguiser need a buff. For the silenced pistol I suggest making it completely silent, removing the short range silenced pistol noise. The disguiser also seems to go completely unused. I recommend adding a fake heath feature to the menu as well.

JossiRossi
Build Tester

« Reply #1949 on: December 27, 2009, 09:29:28 PM »

The disguiser is not under powered, it's just under utilized. Right now it's biggest benefit is the fact that NO info pops up when you put your crosshair over the person. This effectively makes them invisible in dark locations or when obscured by certain objects (like the cornfield in countrytrain). When it's used right it's VERY powerful but it actually requires people to think when using it, and so it's no surprise that a Traitor weapon that when used poorly gets you killed, is not used much.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1950 on: December 27, 2009, 10:05:41 PM »

Another use is for plain killing of loners, without any risk that they can call out your name.

I feel fake health on the same item would also make it rather complex. There would be a separate effect on the same item but completely different in its workings from the current one, controlled from the same place but in a different way, toggled separately etc.

Will investigate if it's possible to easily darken (or otherwise camouflage) a playermodel while the disguiser is enabled, to enhance one of its main uses rather than adding new ones.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

« Reply #1951 on: December 27, 2009, 10:11:46 PM »

Did the disguise bind option get added yet? I don't think I remember it in any of the updates.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1952 on: December 27, 2009, 10:14:49 PM »

Yeah, a while ago: numpad enter, or bind a key to "ttt_toggle_disguise" (and if you want even more detailed control, "ttt_set_disguise 1" or 0).
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1953 on: December 27, 2009, 10:43:54 PM »

Disguise is now the first thing I get, every time.
Intrigued by this tutorial thing?

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #1954 on: December 27, 2009, 11:06:46 PM »

Traitor equipment: A morons guide on how to pick pocket.

Step 1: Don't have a similar weapon.
Step 2: Walk up, or preferably sneak up on a person and press E.
Step 3: Select a weapon the player is currently not holding.
Step 4: Receive bacon and walk away before they notice.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1955 on: December 28, 2009, 08:49:39 AM »

Intrigued by this tutorial thing?

It's a series of 5 "pages" that have a few short facts in a big font, augmented with images. Hard to explain. Basically I've tried to condense the most important stuff into something very quick and easy to read and understand.

Traitor equipment: A morons guide on how to pick pocket.

Step 1: Don't have a similar weapon.
Step 2: Walk up, or preferably sneak up on a person and press E.
Step 3: Select a weapon the player is currently not holding.
Step 4: Receive bacon and walk away before they notice.

It's a novel idea, especially for weapon-scarce maps, though it would be more useful if you could also steal the held weapon. Everyone holds their primary 90% of the time, and stealing a secondary isn't that useful. Of course stealing the held weapon would be really obvious to the target. A problem would be that traitors could run up to someone, take their gun, and then shoot the helpless target. Then again right now you can just shoot someone and they die.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

« Reply #1956 on: December 28, 2009, 07:49:56 PM »

Acid Nade:

Traitor only weapon, one use. This would fill a few roles that others technically already do but in a different way. It'd work like the incendiary nade, going off and affecting a small localized area. In this area all players and props recieve damage. Additionally corpses in the area are burnt. It's one time use means that it's easily wasted, but it has multiple potential uses. Mass corpse burning, room clearing, or a more deadly area denial ability.

CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #1957 on: December 28, 2009, 08:06:04 PM »

Acid Nade:

Traitor only weapon, one use. This would fill a few roles that others technically already do but in a different way. It'd work like the incendiary nade, going off and affecting a small localized area. In this area all players and props recieve damage. Additionally corpses in the area are burnt. It's one time use means that it's easily wasted, but it has multiple potential uses. Mass corpse burning, room clearing, or a more deadly area denial ability.

Could be interesting maybe it should cost two traitor points to buy and only one can be bought per traitors. This makes it so they have to kill half of the innocents and they're is only one grenade in the game. Making them have to really work together inorder for the grenade to work properly. Also it could use the HL2 grenade as the model.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1958 on: December 28, 2009, 08:09:27 PM »

With the NEWEST version of TTT, I open up the traitor menu with F1 and i get this error:
Warning: vgui.Create failed to create the VGUI component (DProgressBar)
terrortown\gamemode\cl_help.lua:169: attempt to index local 'bar' (a nil value)

Also, if there is suppose to be a "5 step process" i only see one step. Also, there is no cursor available when u press F1. You have to press U or Y to pretend ur typing just to get a cursor out and close the page. Will make a picture in a second.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 08:14:24 PM by ball2hi »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1959 on: December 28, 2009, 10:47:23 PM »

When there is an error, things tend to be broken and/or look weird.

In this case, a file that's part of standard GMod and worked fine when testing seems to suddenly be a problem. I've moved it into TTT and added it to autodl so it should definitely work now. New version up in the other thread.

edit: Just realized it's probably ScriptEnforcer. Reuploaded v281209b with that possibility fixed too.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 11:10:07 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length