Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:20:29 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699507 times)
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1760 on: December 09, 2009, 12:29:32 AM »

Suit yourselves, but I foresee problems.

Course there could be problems. But we are playing a game after all, might as well throw some extra fun in for the spectators which obviously is the dullest part in the game.
I can foresee a lot of fun stuff you could do with this. Barrel Race as Demigod stated for starters.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1761 on: December 09, 2009, 04:24:49 AM »

I foresee the end of barricading.

But its so fun to kill players with their own barricades! Especially when they cant get out of their own cade and are yelling "C4!!! C4!!! C4!!!! (Lastwords: C--)"
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1762 on: December 09, 2009, 08:10:57 AM »

Awesomeness.
So does that mean a player can pick you up and just toss you? And will players be able to tell which props the specs took over?

1. Yes. While a player carries a prop you cannot bump it as spectator, but you can still "inhabit" it, and bump it again when he drops it.

2. No. Other spectators see an ID when pointing at such a prop, but normal players don't. It would be possible, but seems like it could be too distracting.

I like this but can you make it so only dead people who have been ID'd can take over a prop. This may not be fun for the person who has to wait for people to find his body or kill the traitor who burned his body but if the round starts and it shows everyone alive if they start possessing props I think that innocents will catch on that that many props possessed are how many people died.

Good point, but I'd like to see how big an issue this is first. There are many cases where a body just won't be found (eg. canyon), so that would suck. And if occasionally the first dead innocent manages to signal the fact that he's dead, that wouldn't be a huge issue for me (gives him something to do). After the first, it's going to be tough for innocents to keep track of how many inhabited props there are versus the number of missing people.

I also thought it would be funny if the person who was dead and has his body ID'd will be able to possess his own corpse but only his. Theres been lots of moments where people have been tegbagged and it would be funny if the corpse could move away :D
But ragdolls do take a toll on servers so I doubt this will get added.

I had it such that you could do ragdolls as well, but because they're such complex physics arrangements they were hard to move. And as you said it might have other downsides too.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1763 on: December 09, 2009, 11:03:22 AM »

Release going up. Also, I haven't heard any complaints about the voicechat colours since the last update. Are they better now than they were before that version?
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1764 on: December 09, 2009, 06:30:55 PM »

Release going up. Also, I haven't heard any complaints about the voicechat colours since the last update. Are they better now than they were before that version?

I'd tell ya, but Soduka still needs to update to the new-old version lol.
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #1765 on: December 09, 2009, 07:15:42 PM »

When I played yesterday almost every time I used traitor chat it showed up as green.
darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #1766 on: December 09, 2009, 07:23:11 PM »

When I played yesterday almost every time I used traitor chat it showed up as green.

same here...
Mkilbride
Poster

« Reply #1767 on: December 09, 2009, 08:05:58 PM »

Is it possible to use custom CS:S content in it? Models, sounds, ect? The default CS:S models seem so drab after using custom content for all these years. I can understand why it might not be allowed...ya know', sounds could be used in bad ways and off-center models, but yeh...
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #1768 on: December 09, 2009, 08:34:16 PM »

The voice chat indicator shows up red maybe half the time now, more than it used to.
Good point, but I'd like to see how big an issue this is first. There are many cases where a body just won't be found (eg. canyon), so that would suck. And if occasionally the first dead innocent manages to signal the fact that he's dead, that wouldn't be a huge issue for me (gives him something to do). After the first, it's going to be tough for innocents to keep track of how many inhabited props there are versus the number of missing people.

Maybe you could just make a time limit before they can take over a prop?
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1769 on: December 09, 2009, 11:15:55 PM »

Prop posession is hilarious and awesome. Is there anyway we could make it so speech bubbles pop up when the specs are talking? So we can see what prop is talking? Totally pointless but fun.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #1770 on: December 10, 2009, 03:10:20 AM »

Prop taking over bug: this happened to me once but someone said it was happening to them, so its not to frequent.
Sometimes when you take over a prop and leave it, your screen turns 90 degrees and you have to posses another prop and leave it to change back. This only happened once so im not sure of the circumstances.

Questions:
1) If i take over, say, a box, can it be broken? Because i was invincible being a box.
2) Do you have to die to do this or can you be a spectator?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1771 on: December 10, 2009, 08:12:02 AM »

Prop posession is hilarious and awesome. Is there anyway we could make it so speech bubbles pop up when the specs are talking? So we can see what prop is talking? Totally pointless but fun.

It would be fun, but first I want to see if I can get permanent nametags on props in there (because it's hard to point your mouse at someone while in chasecam). Once that is in I'll have a better idea of how feasible speech bubbles are.

Prop taking over bug: this happened to me once but someone said it was happening to them, so its not to frequent.
Sometimes when you take over a prop and leave it, your screen turns 90 degrees and you have to posses another prop and leave it to change back. This only happened once so im not sure of the circumstances.

So you left it manually (by pressing crouch)? It should reset your view when you do that exactly to prevent the tilted screen from happening.

I think for starters I will make every spectator function (like switching players) fix your view if it's tilted (which is easy to detect) so you can just press any button to fix it if it happens.

Questions:
1) If i take over, say, a box, can it be broken? Because i was invincible being a box.
2) Do you have to die to do this or can you be a spectator?

1) The props can still be broken as normal, but maps can make boxes (and other props) invincible. I know there exist a few on thething.
2) You can use the command "ttt_spectate" to become a spectator, and you will be able to do this (or should, I haven't explicitly tested it). It's also possible to leave spectator mode at the start of the next round using "ttt_spectate 0". I'll see if I can add a button to toggle this in the new settings panel.
Sly
Poster

« Reply #1772 on: December 10, 2009, 11:43:19 AM »

Request: Making the "X is the traitor!" text a different color so that maybe people might pay attention to it.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1773 on: December 10, 2009, 12:58:33 PM »

I'd like to request kills to be printed in server log files.
This shouldn't be too hard to code I think but would be extremely useful for evidence and to find out what happened. Preferably also add, person x shot person y for x dmg.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1774 on: December 10, 2009, 01:08:33 PM »

Request: Making the "X is the traitor!" text a different color so that maybe people might pay attention to it.

Nah, the radio messages are plain chat messages right now (just sent through a menu) which is nice and simple. Also, I strongly doubt people will suddenly care if it's a different colour.

I'd like to request kills to be printed in server log files.
This shouldn't be too hard to code I think but would be extremely useful for evidence and to find out what happened. Preferably also add, person x shot person y for x dmg.

When you mean server logs, do you mean the kind this function prints to? (Perhaps you recognize the format in the example output, with the date and time).

It would be ideal if I could print that information to a place where it's not too spoilery when someone just hosts a listenserver (which is why the console is not ideal).
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1775 on: December 10, 2009, 01:32:02 PM »

That is indeed the same format as the current log files.

L 12/09/2009 - 18:20:13: "Duke Nukem<48><STEAM_ID><>" entered the game

I'm fine with having it go to just the log file and not the server console. I'm unsure if this is possible.
Also regarding log files, they have to be enabled first by using LOG ON.
I believe without LOG ON, no information is shown that uses the log feature. I generally don't see a newbie listen server use this over the current ttt_print_traitors.
If it does go to console by default, then this could indeed create problems.

log on                //Creates a logfile (Enable= on Disable= off)
sv_logfile 1            //Log server information in the log file.
sv_logsdir F:\SRCDS\cstrike\logs    //Folder in the game directory where server logs will be stored.

sv_logecho 0            //Echo log information to the console.

sv_log_onefile 1        //Log server information to only one file.
sv_logbans 1            //Log server bans in the server logs.
sv_logdownloadlist 1        //Log files to download.

On regular source games this logs everything from kills to deaths (CSS it also shows DMG). I'd love to see the same for TTT as it makes detecting possible rule breakers a lot easier.
DMG log would ultimately be useful to detect who fired to first shot and started it, which is pretty much impossible right now.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 01:34:21 PM by FF|NedStar »

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1776 on: December 10, 2009, 02:22:15 PM »

Yeah, should be possible to dump info like that only to the log file using the function I linked, so that will most likely be in the next version.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1777 on: December 10, 2009, 05:15:04 PM »

Cheers that would really make life easier for us admins.

Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #1778 on: December 10, 2009, 07:59:00 PM »

So you left it manually (by pressing crouch)? It should reset your view when you do that exactly to prevent the tilted screen from happening.

1) The props can still be broken as normal, but maps can make boxes (and other props) invincible. I know there exist a few on thething.

Yes i left it by pressing crouch.

And it happened on office and i thought those boxes were breakable. Someone was even yelling as i was jumping 'the possessed box is unbreakable', so i dont know.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 08:00:24 PM by Darkest_97 »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1779 on: December 10, 2009, 09:56:34 PM »

I'll add some things that might help with the tilted view issue. At the very least more buttons will reset it so you don't have to re-possess a prop and leave it again just to fix it.

It might be that a certain box is unbreakable or something. I was a box on office today and someone broke it, so I don't think it's bugged.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length