Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:10:47 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699013 times)
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1700 on: December 04, 2009, 01:09:19 PM »

Please split the mod into TTT and TTT-fretta because while fretta's going to need a lot of simplification, the last thing I want is TTT brought down with it.

Idea for TTT-lite: Turn off detective mode?

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Tyrant T100
Poster

The State sees all!

« Reply #1701 on: December 04, 2009, 01:36:46 PM »

Sounds good, I'm pleased that my decoy radio idea might be implemented.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TyrantGrandburnin
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1702 on: December 04, 2009, 04:37:09 PM »

Your decoy radio idea?

Tyrant T100
Poster

The State sees all!

« Reply #1703 on: December 04, 2009, 06:30:54 PM »

em>Your decoy radio idea?

Look back to when it was first suggested in this thread, also when I mentioned it and discussed it Alters a few times.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TyrantGrandburnin
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1704 on: December 04, 2009, 07:37:04 PM »

Suggestion: When making the "New help for newbies", could you make it so that when you join the server it will show "Press F1 to read the rules." And by pressing F1 you read the rules, yadda yadda, put pictures, ect and this will pop up for every person. People who HAVE read the rules though can checkmark something at the bottom of the rules to say "Never show again." to inditcate they read the rules and it wont pop up for them.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1705 on: December 04, 2009, 07:42:21 PM »

The radio thing has been suggested in different forms by different authors.

RE: popping up help and turning it off: yes, that is the idea.

Please split the mod into TTT and TTT-fretta because while fretta's going to need a lot of simplification, the last thing I want is TTT brought down with it.

I don't simplify anything on TTT for fretta. When I say "fretta things and improvements" in that list, I mean stuff like a splash screen image (for the splash window fretta shows) and a map voting button (which, like the gamemode vote button, disables when fretta is off).

What's become very clear as I've gone over the Fretta code is that when you get down to it, all Fretta is is a way to switch gamemodes. The rest is stuff to use as a base if you need it, all of which I turn off/override so you won't even notice it existed. The gamemode voting is there through the button in the Help menu and a message telling you about it (again, only if fretta is enabled).

Remaining concern is whether TTT fits Fretta purely from a stylistic standpoint. This is not really relevant yet because I am working purely on the technical side. Anyway, the options there are:

1. Screw that, if more complex gamemodes are not for Fretta, then fuck Fretta.
2. Fork into a TTT-lite.

I like option 1 because I don't have to do anything special for it. Anyway, as I said I have no real concept of what a fun TTT-lite would be like. Detective mode off doesn't really help, just makes the scoreboard a tiny bit more accurate. The real issues are related to the fact that you can't just shoot everyone with the biggest gun you find. Or rather, that you can, but shouldn't.
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #1706 on: December 04, 2009, 10:43:28 PM »

I think Fretta is more of a thing for fast-paced gameplay, gamemodes that only last 5-10 mins, which is definitely not what TTT is.

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1707 on: December 04, 2009, 10:58:18 PM »

I think that turning detective mode off and reducing the time to 10 minutes makes it fretta-ish enough.

Broadsword
Build Tester

Upgrade to Sheep-on-Meth Today!

« Reply #1708 on: December 04, 2009, 11:46:10 PM »

My suggestions for disguises. Make it so you can select a person to mimic so it says the name but only when they are a certain distance away. So if you are close it still says disguised person.

LINE PIEEEEEECE!
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1709 on: December 05, 2009, 12:16:52 AM »

My suggestions for disguises. Make it so you can select a person to mimic so it says the name but only when they are a certain distance away. So if you are close it still says disguised person.

This has been suggested several times. It was a big fat NO.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1710 on: December 05, 2009, 12:36:35 AM »

No, not at all. It was just decided that it would be overpowered and might open some griefing doors, and that simply omitting the name would be balanced enough.

In any case, I think broad's suggestion is a little too complicated. Things are pretty good now form my understanding.

EDIT: tGB, could you add a func_button_traitor entity to hammer? Just curious.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 12:42:39 AM by Ajunk »

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1711 on: December 05, 2009, 08:54:49 AM »

Possibly. Would have to check the SDK's button code to see how much stuff would have to be replicated.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1712 on: December 05, 2009, 12:35:03 PM »

Latest TTT release isn't working at all for me.
Getting default hl2 weapons and the following lua errors.

ERROR: GAMEMODE:'HUDPaint' Failed: terrortown\gamemode\cl_hud.lua:187: attempt to call global 'DisguisePaint' (a nil value)
Lua Error: entities/ttt_traitor_check/init.lua:24: attempt to call method 'IsActiveTraitor' (a nil value)

Has anything changed regarding to use of Fretta?

Edit* reverted to older version and its working again. Don't think its related to D-FENS (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=109453&page=2)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 12:43:31 PM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #1713 on: December 05, 2009, 12:59:31 PM »

I don't see a reason; you can use a button and the traitor check entity instead.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1714 on: December 05, 2009, 01:47:38 PM »

Latest TTT release isn't working at all for me.
Getting default hl2 weapons and the following lua errors.

ERROR: GAMEMODE:'HUDPaint' Failed: terrortown\gamemode\cl_hud.lua:187: attempt to call global 'DisguisePaint' (a nil value)
Lua Error: entities/ttt_traitor_check/init.lua:24: attempt to call method 'IsActiveTraitor' (a nil value)

Has anything changed regarding to use of Fretta?

No, the first error is caused by a lua file not being in the scriptenforcer manifest. It seems I forgot to add it. I've doublechecked things now and everything should be in there in the updated build I'll upload as soon as I've fixed both errors.

I don't understand how the other error could happen. Are you sure there wasn't an earlier one? The error wouldn't explain HL2 weapons and stuff, but an earlier issue could cause that error and other problems. So there should be an earlier Lua error.

Alliedmods.net is down for me right now, but I assume D-FENS does not do anything with Lua files specifically.

edit:
Found the error, typo somewhere in a tiny last minute change I didn't test. D'oh.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 01:56:47 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1715 on: December 05, 2009, 01:49:51 PM »

These were the only 2 errors I managed to find.
D-Fens is the upload/download blocker which shouldn't effect lua files. At best it could mess with downloading but I have not experienced such a thing to happen.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1716 on: December 05, 2009, 02:04:52 PM »

New build is up fixing the errors. Tested it on a local DS with scriptenforcer and everything was working.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1717 on: December 05, 2009, 02:15:59 PM »

This works, there seems to be a problem with the chat. It gets printed twice in-game.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1718 on: December 05, 2009, 02:24:31 PM »

Reuploaded v051209b with the chat fixed.

edit:
And a version C for some more small fixes. In retrospect, should have split v051209 up into smaller updates released earlier.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 02:41:41 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1719 on: December 05, 2009, 05:06:31 PM »

Traitors still show up green sometimes when using voice traitor talk.

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length