Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:36:37 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1702323 times)
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #1460 on: November 18, 2009, 12:11:11 AM »

I'm not sure that's entirely fixable, but I'll try some things.

<--- Check that avatar out though. I mean, I made it myself, but: SWEET.
Oh man your avatar made me lol.

Shit page snipe...

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1461 on: November 18, 2009, 01:38:41 AM »

BUG: Sniper ammo

If for some reason your sniper ammo goes above 10+20 (Ex. 10+21, 10+24) and you drop the sniper, when you pick it up, any of the extra bullets you have in the "20" section will disappear.
Let me give you an example. I pick up a sniper and i get ammo so now i have 10+24 bullets. Which is the max. I go around and find a shotgun! Perfect i drop the sniper and pick up the shotgun to find out it has no bullets. I then pick up the sniper and for some reason its now 10+20. Apparently 24 is the max bullets to be held out of clip but it will only let 20 stay in the gun if its dropped.

Hope you understood that.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1462 on: November 18, 2009, 08:24:36 AM »

Yep, I know the phenomenon. The ammo box entity thinks the gun is allowed to have 24 bullets while it's actually 20 so weird stuff happens. Fixed for next version.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1463 on: November 18, 2009, 09:17:46 AM »

I don't recall if this was supposed to have been fixed but I've gotten the "spawn in the same point every round" bug that was mentioned a while back. Oddly this did not apply to everyone on the map apparently.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1464 on: November 18, 2009, 09:39:16 AM »

Locations are shuffled each round and then handed out to players, so to speak. It's not enforced that you must absolutely get a different one each round, so if you're particularly unlucky with the shuffling you can get the same one for a period of time. I don't think this is a significant problem.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

« Reply #1465 on: November 18, 2009, 04:55:22 PM »

I spawned in the same spot I believe 7 times in a row, which is statistically significant. I'll keep an eye out and see if it happens again or not, could have just been luck.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1466 on: November 18, 2009, 05:14:49 PM »

When I say significant problem, I mean "something I should care about" rather than anything statistical.

Besides that, the shuffling doesn't make any guarantees about randomness (in fact, that's a topic you can think hard about, and no complex shuffle is used here), it just means things are more likely to be changed up than without any shuffling at all.

edit: I'll change it to use a nice shuffle algorithm though, looks like I can rip a Lua version of Fisher-Yates pretty much from wikipedia.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 05:42:51 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1467 on: November 19, 2009, 12:02:56 PM »

An update:
- New scoreboard. In that picture, I made the bots use my steam avatar because they don't have one by default. You get the idea. If your resolution is too low to fit all players, the mouse will show when you view the scoreboard and your mousewheel will scroll the list.

- Fixed dying shot's weapon not registering on kill.

- Fixed rifle ammo boxes not having correct ammo counts. A box now gives 10 rounds rather than 8, and properly respects the max ammo count of 20.

- Changed round end time handling, should get rid of the wrong time display for latejoined spectators once and for all.

- Improved spawnpoint shuffling.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v191109

Fast DL notice: this release includes a new texture.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1468 on: November 19, 2009, 01:03:01 PM »

I'm still not sure how I feel about your new name. It doesn't roll off the mind-tongue nearly as well.

That said, the new scoreboard is nice.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1469 on: November 19, 2009, 07:43:02 PM »

So I'd kind of like to investigate the possibility of awarding players silly hats based on how they did last round or something (like a traffic cone if you did dumb shit, or barney's combine faceplate if you killed the most traitors). However, wearing a hat makes someone identifiable purely on their appearance, which is something I've been avoiding. The reason is that you could know who someone was just by seeing them without managing to get a proper name ID.

What I'm wondering is: how likely is that to be a factor in practice? Is it a big enough deal to avoid adding entertaining things?
JossiRossi
Build Tester

« Reply #1470 on: November 19, 2009, 07:55:12 PM »

I'd love the idea of hats, but i do worry it'd make a traitor too identifiable, and as such people with hats are assumed innocent, and those without are more likely traitors. Ultimately, I think fun ideas are worth putting in cause one of the best parts of the mod is that it is by concept silly. "innocent traitors" and all that.

Also, something that was noticed today is that as a traitor, if you get granted your equipment it makes an audible "item pickup" noise that others can hear. This can be solved by not being dumb and getting equipment in a crowd and likely there's nothing that can be done to remove it, but something to be aware of.

Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #1471 on: November 19, 2009, 08:09:07 PM »

Getting a lot of errors. Also, the scoreboard seems to cut off before it shows everyone.

ERROR: GAMEMODE:'ScoreboardShow' Failed: terrortown\gamemode\player_ext_shd.lua:7: Tried to use a NULL entity!
Timer Error: terrortown\gamemode\player_ext_shd.lua:7: Tried to use a NULL entity!

EDIT: On map change, it hasn't broken thus far. So I'm not really sure what exactly causes it other than the error I posted above.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 08:21:28 PM by Alters »
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #1472 on: November 19, 2009, 08:13:20 PM »

So I'd kind of like to investigate the possibility of awarding players silly hats based on how they did last round or something (like a traffic cone if you did dumb shit, or barney's combine faceplate if you killed the most traitors). However, wearing a hat makes someone identifiable purely on their appearance, which is something I've been avoiding. The reason is that you could know who someone was just by seeing them without managing to get a proper name ID.

What I'm wondering is: how likely is that to be a factor in practice? Is it a big enough deal to avoid adding entertaining things?

As much as i like the idea of adding "Fun things" i know it will be a big, big problem. Example: You're traitor and you now have this pink hat that no one else has. You knife someone that is on 1 side of the window and then someone on the other side of the window see's this happening. Normally they can not identify the "Traitor" but due to the hat they will. Yes, this example (With a few changes) happens very often. The thing I think you could possibly do is make the "Rewards" more subtle. Example: Your bullets when fired are a different color, but even then that will make them noticeable.

To put it in short, adding psychical viewable "Rewards" will make playing traitor more difficult and harder to hide. Only thing I can think of is that you make the "Rewards" appear on the scoreboard. Example: You killed all the traitors last round u get a little picture (Badge) next to your name for an entire round. You survived last round as a traitor you get a different looking badge or maybe instead of badges you can highlight that person's name or something.

EDIT-

Timer Error: terrortown\gamemode\player_ext_shd.lua:7: Tried to use a NULL entity!
ERROR: GAMEMODE:'ScoreboardShow' Failed: terrortown\gamemode\player_ext_shd.lua:7: Tried to use a NULL entity!

I keep getting these same errors every time i open the scoreboard. Everything went fine until a round ended. Here is what it looks like. <Waiting for image to upadlot imageshack>
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 08:29:36 PM by ball2hi »
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #1473 on: November 19, 2009, 08:25:32 PM »

Have the option to take off the hat.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1474 on: November 19, 2009, 08:29:03 PM »

I'd love the idea of hats, but i do worry it'd make a traitor too identifiable, and as such people with hats are assumed innocent, and those without are more likely traitors.

Indeed, which is why you would not have the choice to take them off. They'd just be a "forced" accessory that only shows for a single round. Not like TF2 hats or anything.

I'll at least check the equip sound out.

link=topic=9124.msg338387#msg338387 date=1258662332]
Have the option to take off the hat.

That would actually make it easier to see who is suspect. If someone did enough to get a hat last round but doesn't wear it, he's a traitor. If the hat just always shows, it's not a sign in itself that you are or aren't wearing one.

Getting a lot of errors. Also, the scoreboard seems to cut off before it shows everyone.

EDIT: On map change, it hasn't broken thus far. So I'm not really sure what exactly causes it other than the error I posted above.

It might not be handling connecting/disconnecting players well (can't test them by myself). I'll add some checks and put up an update.
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #1475 on: November 19, 2009, 08:31:30 PM »

Image of how the Scoreboard is looking when the errors happen. I tried to put it in my previous post but now when I press the "EDIT" button i just get this "Loading..." at the top of my page and it never actually loads.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1476 on: November 19, 2009, 08:38:51 PM »

Quick update:

- Fixes for Lua errors in scoreboard caused by players not existing anymore (eg. disconnected).

- Made ttt_print_adminreport also list all kill events so far.

- Fixed error in admin reporting functions that could occur in certain cases with higher playercounts.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v191109b

edit:
I just played for a while on this version with no scoreboard errors (just some small cosmetic issues like slightly misaligned numbers), so those appear to be solved.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 09:41:12 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #1477 on: November 19, 2009, 08:41:23 PM »

Same issue as before. Unable to edit my post because it gets stuck with the "Loading..." message.
Another tiny bug i've noticed that doesnt cause any LUA errors is that is seems numbers and all wont all fit into the scoreboard. Incase you dont understand here is another pic.

Use the edit button on the top right above your post, it always works.

*Facepalm* I should've thought of that..
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 08:45:15 PM by ball2hi »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1478 on: November 19, 2009, 08:43:30 PM »

Use the edit button on the top right above your post, it always works.
markfu
Poster

« Reply #1479 on: November 19, 2009, 09:26:15 PM »

I spawned in the same spot I believe 7 times in a row, which is statistically significant. I'll keep an eye out and see if it happens again or not, could have just been luck.

Is the place you spawn independent of each round? Because if it is then its just chance that you spawned there all 7 times.

Its a lead up to the upcoming map zm_cock that allows you to literally 'donkey-punch' zombies into submission using a new C.A.T.S. combat system which makes the zombies shit out m16s and ammo boxes and spraycans when killed with a finishing move.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length