Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:56:20 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1702654 times)
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1360 on: November 08, 2009, 07:35:27 PM »

I don't like it. It's pretty much a silenced pistol with very small changes (scope, higher headshot multiplier, very high cost).

You're all the most fucking heartless people
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1361 on: November 08, 2009, 07:38:11 PM »

It seems that the discombobulator grenade no longer works? it'll get thrown but then nothing happens. This was on alters server not sure if it's replicated elsewhere.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1362 on: November 08, 2009, 08:06:15 PM »

Just realized there's a Lua error in that grenade. Seems I forgot to test it after adding the kill attribution stuff.

edit:
This version fixes the error, this time I tested it. It changes nothing else.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v081109b

Original release post of this version has also been updated with that link.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 08:12:48 PM by theGreenBunny »
MidKnight
Poster

« Reply #1363 on: November 08, 2009, 08:35:55 PM »

Should just cost 1 credit, do the same damage as a normal scout but maybe have it have a smaller clip.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1364 on: November 08, 2009, 09:03:23 PM »

I'm hearing complaints that the Poltergeist doesn't work. I've been unable to test it myself though.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1365 on: November 08, 2009, 09:12:31 PM »

It works in any way I can test it locally. If it doesn't, it might be related to the issue of weapons randomly not dropping, which points to an issue with physics in general (and might therefore affect the poltergeist).

Now I have no idea why physics would be broken for some objects and not others. Not as if I changed anything remotely related to physics in the past updates.

I actually tried getting into Alters to test it an hour or two ago but it was stuffed.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 09:14:19 PM by theGreenBunny »
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1366 on: November 08, 2009, 09:24:47 PM »

I actually tried getting into Alters to test it an hour or two ago but it was stuffed.

Soduka's server seems to be down so everyone is trying to stuff into Alters' server. Anyone know whats currently going on with Soduka's server?
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #1367 on: November 09, 2009, 01:31:45 AM »

Find Soduka.

Anyway. Polter's combine ball thing still attaches... It just doesn't do anything. Which is odd.

Anyway. New traitor tool idea; The talker. Or something like that. Basically it adds another tab in traitor-land, like radar. The traitor can make messages in chat in other people's names... Like Qloos could have a message pop in chat looking like Ajunk said it. This includes faking lastwords.

Would only have a number of uses, maybe last words counting as two.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1368 on: November 09, 2009, 01:55:32 AM »

I'd first like to see the health faker and name disguiser.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #1369 on: November 09, 2009, 03:20:37 AM »

Another traitor equipment idea:
This would be something like a radio jammer.
A traitor could use this and everyone on the map wouldnt be able to use there mics for a certain period of time, except for the traitors(in traitor chat of course).
This could be used when trying to kill a few people because they wouldnt be able to scream out or anything.
And it would probably just cause panic because people would be talking and got cut off.

But i dont know if this could work what with muting mics or whatever.

And i really wanna see the Poltergiest work.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1370 on: November 09, 2009, 07:34:42 AM »

I noticed the one time I saw a poltergeist ballthing in the game that it did not have the blue glowing sprite it's supposed to have. There might be an error happening in creating that effect that breaks the rest of it.

I'll have to see if I can get a dedicated server running on my own machine to test this, because this is obviously something that does not happen on listen servers.
Tyrant T100
Poster

The State sees all!

« Reply #1371 on: November 09, 2009, 07:47:14 AM »

TTT weapon idea,
THE DISTRACTOR.
The Distractor can be dropped by a traitor and then using his equipment menu he can choose sounds for it to make and loop them continuously.
The majority of the terrorists camping in one place together, no longer an issue, the Distractor can lure them out of there cushy hiding place into an ambush. When your done using it you can pick it right back up.
(Unfortunately the Distractor is often very warn after it's use for a period of 30 seconds, any attemps to pick it up could lead to minor burn injuries so you better leave it before picking it up.)

http://www.youtube.com/user/TyrantGrandburnin
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1372 on: November 09, 2009, 08:29:04 AM »

The idea for a droppable sound-playing thing has been around for a while. I think that for it to be effective you'd have to be able to configure it in more detail than "repeat sound X continuously". Perhaps make it remote controlled: you drop it somewhere, run off, and press buttons on a soundboard in a traitor menu tab that makes it play those sounds.

I'd first like to see the health faker and name disguiser.

These are on my "list of possible traitor equipment", but I've had some doubts about the name changer especially. Something would have to be in place to prevent a traitor changing his name and then just going off to do a load of griefing shit. Granted, I could add a command that lets admins see real names, but 1) I'd like for admins to be able to play the game in a normal way too without constantly having to reveal who is traitor, 2) players are still going to report griefing players and would be reporting the wrong person.

Having it just hide your name would avoid the mistaken identity problems somewhat. Would be less useful though.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1373 on: November 09, 2009, 10:22:16 AM »

Small but necessary update:

- Fixed Poltergeist thumpers not doing anything on dedicated servers.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v091109

I got a DS running on my own computer (with some effort, but it'll be useful in the future) and found this problem very quickly, because it showed a Lua error in the server console. For some reason, the model attachment point I used to attach the sprite worked perfectly in SP and a listenserver, but not on a DS. Rather strange, but it was easy enough to fudge the sprite's position.

edit:
For reference, this is what it should look like when you use it (screenshots made while connected to my own DS):
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 10:35:00 AM by theGreenBunny »
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #1374 on: November 09, 2009, 12:25:04 PM »

Terrorist soundboard will only lead to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTbL5elVXrU

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #1375 on: November 09, 2009, 11:26:41 PM »

Im just curious, would there be any way to make fake unidentified bodies as traitor equipment. As in a traitor places a fake unidentified body somewhere on the map, some guy goes to press E on it and it opens a menu saying this is a fake!  Giving the traitor enough time to shoot the guy in the head.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #1376 on: November 09, 2009, 11:31:37 PM »

I always use unidentified bodies as bait anyway, this seems like a good idea.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #1377 on: November 09, 2009, 11:34:37 PM »

Im just curious, would there be any way to make fake unidentified bodies as traitor equipment. As in a traitor places a fake unidentified body somewhere on the map, some guy goes to press E on it and it opens a menu saying this is a fake!  Giving the traitor enough time to shoot the guy in the head.

I would stuff it with explosives. I am not saying TGB should make it a bomb, just sayin'. If I were dumping fake bodies I sure as hell would pack it with explosives as well.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #1378 on: November 09, 2009, 11:39:33 PM »

This is a good idea.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
shutup9100
Build Tester

In the name of The Empreror I would tap dat ass

« Reply #1379 on: November 10, 2009, 12:36:01 AM »

I could also be used to throw off suspicion.

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length