Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:59:16 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1702698 times)
padre
Poster

« Reply #900 on: October 16, 2009, 02:51:21 PM »

Nah that would never work, not every RDM is from an arsehole, often its just plain accident. Also to repeat what Worbat said: admins really are the only answer. You cant take it into your own hands too often since it turns into a fuckfest, as ive had an argument about before.

What about a different idea, similar to NT, killing so many innocents as a non-traitor per map round, you would be punished by not being able to play the one round. I think it would seriously reduce the RDM without punishing mistakes too severely.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #901 on: October 16, 2009, 03:50:10 PM »

UPD:

- Fixed knife duplication, probably (can't replicate on a local server).

- Made global chat key not open the chat when spectator during a detective mode round. This prevents you from accidentally typing a sentence that will not be sent.

- Players bleed for a while after taking damage, creating blood decals on the ground. Corpses also bleed for a period of time.

- Made spectator chasecam cycle through players in-order instead of randomly.

- Added more death sounds

- Objects carried can no longer be dropped while in the air if you are looking down. This should prevent an exploit that allowed you to avoid fall damage by dropping the item, which due to PHYSICS would collide with you and give you an upwards bump.

- Search body popup now allows screenshots to be taken with F5 (if you rebound your screenshot key, it will still be F5), and it closes if you hit space or enter.

- Experimental: while spectator, holding ALT should mute living players for you, until you release the key. I realise holding it is a nuisance, but this is easier to test with. If it works it will become a toggle.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v161009
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #902 on: October 16, 2009, 03:51:11 PM »

TGB... I think I love you.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
Tactiger9
Poster

Wait, wut?

« Reply #903 on: October 16, 2009, 05:14:55 PM »

TGB... I think I love you.

BUT I WANNAA KNOOOOWW FOR SURE

One I dropped acid and blacked out, when I came around it turned out that I spent the last eighteen hours playing Silent Hill 3, beat it with a decent score actually.
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #904 on: October 16, 2009, 07:11:24 PM »

What about a different idea, similar to NT, killing so many innocents as a non-traitor per map round, you would be punished by not being able to play the one round. I think it would seriously reduce the RDM without punishing mistakes too severely.

No, leaving it to the discretion of the admins is the best option by far.
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #905 on: October 16, 2009, 07:16:25 PM »

Except the admins often SCREAM "RDM" whenever they die and don't seem to care about much else.
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #906 on: October 16, 2009, 07:23:06 PM »

Then you need admins that can better handle themselves. Certainly there is a proper screening process involved?
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #907 on: October 16, 2009, 07:25:25 PM »

Then you need admins that can better handle themselves. Certainly there is a proper screening process involved?

On most servers, no there isn't.

Except the admins often SCREAM "RDM" whenever they die and don't seem to care about much else.

You play on the TDR servers I assume? Those are the only servers I know of any stories about admins acting like that, I hear that sacmo is really bad about it. Anyway, I will say this, it is hard to know whats going unless a player complains, so if you feel you were RDM'ed tell an admin.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #908 on: October 16, 2009, 07:25:25 PM »

Qloos just needs to stop being silly and play on soduka's and Alters' servers.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #909 on: October 16, 2009, 08:10:54 PM »

Sacmo is terrible at screaming RDM.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #910 on: October 16, 2009, 08:16:34 PM »

Man I didn't even need to START the TDR bashing you guys just did it for me.

Damn, thumbs up.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #911 on: October 16, 2009, 08:19:52 PM »

link=topic=9124.msg330069#msg330069 date=1255703537]
Yeah, alot of people are finding it liking it. Did you know that DMGaina the machinima guy played TTT?

*COUGH*Thanks to me. *COUGH*
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 08:22:30 PM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #912 on: October 16, 2009, 08:21:13 PM »

Please keep all TDR comments confined to the proper thread. This thread is too important to occupy with such irrelevant matters.

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #913 on: October 16, 2009, 08:27:57 PM »

I dunno how I feel about RDM.

Because gut instinct has gotten me alot of traitor kills over time, and it's always great to just Clint Eastwood your way to victory.

Someone's jumping around and I tell them to stop jumping. They stop and point their gun at me.

I shoot first, as questions later.

I hate everything that isnt boobs
except one pair of boobs which I hate too hate hate hate these are the boobs of betrayal
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #914 on: October 16, 2009, 08:34:27 PM »

Would it be possible to add who discovered the body of someone on the upright hand corner announcement thing?

Personally I think this would be handy and helpful for knowing where people have been recently. Both as a traitor and innocent.

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #915 on: October 16, 2009, 08:54:12 PM »

Would it be possible to add who discovered the body of someone on the upright hand corner announcement thing?

Personally I think this would be handy and helpful for knowing where people have been recently. Both as a traitor and innocent.

Makes sense to me.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #916 on: October 16, 2009, 08:56:45 PM »

Can you add a darken option to the scoreboard so that if I click on their name it darkens, sort of like, a suspect list.
Allowing you to have a little suspects reminder.

This could then add an orange ring to the person when you aim at them? (Not so sure about this bit)

Reposting because I feel it was overlooked.

Edit:

Nuke is a TDR guy, marauder.

my god
me
Build Tester

The dumbest name of them all

« Reply #917 on: October 16, 2009, 09:51:20 PM »

If I ever hear a cry for rdm I ask about it, and if I find it to be a valid complaint I warn the guy not to do it again.

Sorry if I seem to be too harsh.

I think if Sulkdodds and Marphy got into a fight the whole forum would explode.
I bung your mum.
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #918 on: October 16, 2009, 10:00:38 PM »

I would like to reiterate my request for the ability to mark people MIA manually. I kill dudes from a long distance, and I know their name, but I can't mark them dead or I risk it being known that I killed them.
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #919 on: October 16, 2009, 10:14:28 PM »

Nuke is a TDR guy, marauder.

Wait, wha?

What is this replying to?

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length