Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:15:50 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699256 times)
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #800 on: October 12, 2009, 10:06:53 PM »

I think it's cooler when their words just cut off.

Also, I don't know how you'd script explot something like that - what would you write every time? "I r dead lolololol". I guess "I, -username-, was killed."

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #801 on: October 13, 2009, 12:32:39 AM »

What is everyone's thoughts on letting traitors see the scoreboard like spectators do?

You're all the most fucking heartless people
ibor10
Poster

« Reply #802 on: October 13, 2009, 01:08:33 AM »

What is everyone's thoughts on letting traitors see the scoreboard like spectators do?

i was going to suggest this, its cool not knowing who is dead or alive as an innocent but as a traitor it gets annoying trying to figure out if your teammates killed someone or not.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #803 on: October 13, 2009, 01:15:20 AM »

Yeah, that sounds good to me.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Pestoolio
Poster

« Reply #804 on: October 13, 2009, 01:24:14 AM »

I think traitors already have enough advantages. They should inform each other after each successful kill.
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #805 on: October 13, 2009, 01:35:17 AM »

Ultimately, I'm not sure I like the end mechanics of it. Playing as innocent, is, inevitably, going to be playing the game of

"Waiting for someone to kill someone so I can try to link the murder to them"

Followed by "Waiting to see whether the three fragments of fairly weak evidence and my hunch turn out to be true"

Which ultimately means

"waiting"

Interestingly enough, in the event that the someone they kill is you (because it's totally possible to die in ways that arn't your fault at all, although paranoia can reduce this) this is also what you do.

I'm not sure what should be done about this or could be done about this. It just feels to me like 75% of the time I get to play "Fish In Barrel Town"

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #806 on: October 13, 2009, 01:45:04 AM »

We need something for innocents to DO. Some kind of active thing they can work for, that can be sabotaged by traitors. Building something or shooting something or something like that, damn.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #807 on: October 13, 2009, 01:46:47 AM »

The knife is very hard to stab someone with. Two times I was face to face with someone and tried to stab them all they have to do is walk a little and you can't stab them. Also how do you throw the knife? I thought it was right click but that didn't work...

We need something for innocents to DO. Some kind of active thing they can work for, that can be sabotaged by traitors. Building something or shooting something or something like that, damn.

I agree anything for the innocents to do would help. I remember one round people were playing in the playground on dm_richlands and it was a mix of traitors and innocents. And they had fun planning how to survive/kill each other. However this could be done mapping wise just as easy.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 01:54:14 AM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
me
Build Tester

The dumbest name of them all

« Reply #808 on: October 13, 2009, 02:11:35 AM »

Terrorists don't need something to do so much as something to make you look forward to doing. Every single time a round starts, I hope against all hope that I'm a traitor. If not, I sigh, barricade/team up with a few people, and wait for my inevitable murder. There needs to be something to make being innocent more fun.

I think if Sulkdodds and Marphy got into a fight the whole forum would explode.
I bung your mum.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #809 on: October 13, 2009, 02:12:34 AM »

Terrorists don't need something to do so much as something to make you look forward to doing. Every single time a round starts, I hope against all hope that I'm a traitor. If not, I sigh, barricade/team up with a few people, and wait for my inevitable murder. There needs to be something to make being innocent more fun.

Exactly. I don't think a series of linear objectives is the answer,b ecause then everyone just teams together in oen big group.

Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #810 on: October 13, 2009, 02:17:10 AM »

I think the thing is the best map out there, simply because it gives players something to do.

All maps need things like this.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #811 on: October 13, 2009, 02:43:35 AM »

All "Innocent is boring" discussion

There's not much I could see being done mod side for the innocents' perceived fun-factor. Innocent fun should be mostly taken care of map side.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #812 on: October 13, 2009, 03:25:21 AM »

Need a bank robbing map.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
shutup9100
Build Tester

In the name of The Empreror I would tap dat ass

« Reply #813 on: October 13, 2009, 03:29:10 AM »

That would actually be an interesting idea, or one based off of reservoir dogs.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #814 on: October 13, 2009, 12:33:13 PM »

Allright allright, I'll add a ttt_win entity so objective based maps can do something with that. But if it ends up like ZM where I have to memorise a small novel for each map just to know what I have to do I will murder everyone involved with said maps. Give innocents something to do, but don't make it an intricate mini-story or whatever the fuck. The fact that game_text doesn't work in gmod is a boon in that respect.

Even with objectives, getting murdered first and waiting (or just waiting for something to happen to you) is something that is inevitably part of the game. Short round times help a lot, I like TDR's 10 or 15 minutes. You never have to wait long, and traitors are forced to get on with it, so the action is not as interspersed with long periods of waiting. I would strongly recommend admins who still use 20m or higher to lower it and see how it goes. Lower playercount on a server would also help, but that's about as likely as me finding long-term employment on a moon-base tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 12:35:17 PM by theGreenBunny »
ibor10
Poster

« Reply #815 on: October 13, 2009, 01:28:39 PM »

TDR's server is running on 10min rounds, which seems perfect to me. I don't like the idea of objectives and im keeping my map(s) with the reg TTT mode. Hopefully this doesnt turn into zm..
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #816 on: October 13, 2009, 03:38:15 PM »

Honestly, most rounds are over fairly quickly, some can be done and over with five minutes or less, unless you get some crappy traitors, or people like me who like to play the innocents against each other.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #817 on: October 13, 2009, 04:26:06 PM »

I prefer the ol' knife in the back, out the window trick.

Have the ragdoll fall on someone and they take phys damage.

I hate everything that isnt boobs
except one pair of boobs which I hate too hate hate hate these are the boobs of betrayal
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #818 on: October 13, 2009, 06:41:46 PM »

D-D-DOUBLE KILL-ILL-ILl-Ill-ill-ill.

worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #819 on: October 13, 2009, 06:44:08 PM »

Idea for the FG.

Have the number of bullets update relative to the number of people in the server, like number of traitors.

EG 3 people in total 1 shot.
16 people in total 5 shots.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length