Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:48:24 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699986 times)
Swiftfreddy
Poster

Party bus will reign supreme

« Reply #760 on: October 11, 2009, 06:18:36 PM »

The new detective mode is great and all but have you got any innocent buffs in mind?

When I am chosen as traitor it is awesome but being innocent is just annoying and makes me want to go play something else.

Innocent equipment is obviously a no but I am thinking something like a randomly chosen innocent gets a special ability which no one else knows about.

If they reveal their ability - they will be prime targets for traitors. So they can't use it to prove their innocence.

But yeah, something that makes being innocent more fun would be nice as it seems with every update that it is getting harder and harder for the non traitors.
Pestoolio
Poster

« Reply #761 on: October 11, 2009, 06:56:14 PM »

If they reveal their ability - they will be prime targets for traitors. So they can't use it to prove their innocence.

They could, and would use it to prove their innocence. Every time.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #762 on: October 11, 2009, 07:00:30 PM »

I like the sound of some sort of special ability.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #763 on: October 11, 2009, 07:09:32 PM »

You need to update the F1, we're getting lots of questions brain-deads can't figure out.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #764 on: October 11, 2009, 07:18:56 PM »

They get 500 hp but it slowly sinks away.
I dunno.

Detective mode is the best though.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #765 on: October 11, 2009, 07:19:18 PM »

I think servers should tune some convars when in detective mode, such as reducing the percentage of players that are traitor (so that you get 3 instead of 4 on a full server for example), and enabling the inclusion of whether someone was traitor in the "body found" message. I'll include some notes on this in the post of the next release (probably tomorrow, eurotime).

I don't like the idea of special abilities.

Some people in a game asked me to post the score logic, so here it is:
Traitor, own points:
 Suicide = -1
 For every traitor killed = -16
 For every innocent killed = 1
 Survived round = 1

Innocent, own points:
 Suicide = -1
 For every traitor killed = 4
 For every innocent killed = -8
 Survived round = 1

Traitor, team bonus:
 For every traitor alive = 1
 For every innocent dead = 1

Innocent, team bonus:
 For every innocent alive = 1

You need to update the F1, we're getting lots of questions brain-deads can't figure out.

I'll need some examples of questions/topics to know what to put in there.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #766 on: October 11, 2009, 07:33:45 PM »

Just stuff about who can hear who, what's going on, what "Missing in Action" and confirmed dead mean when you see them as a spectator or dead, stuff like that.

And perhaps the traitor equipment.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #767 on: October 11, 2009, 07:38:15 PM »

NedStar|Cryo| is the name and thanks.

"Unable to find "Nedstar|Cyro" hit back and try again."
Your steam name is your steam account name. You use that to add people to friends.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #768 on: October 11, 2009, 08:34:06 PM »

Just search for NedStar, I'm the one with CRYO not the other fellah.
NedStar is also my profile name itself.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 08:44:55 PM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #769 on: October 11, 2009, 09:02:41 PM »

two suggestions: 
- increase runningspeed when holstered
- fix the "drop weapons through walls" bug
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #770 on: October 11, 2009, 09:38:47 PM »

Al right I've got it fixed, many thanks to Alters for that.
I've disabled metamod so I could properly read my server boot up lines and I've noticed scriptenforcer auto disables itself. I suppose this is why it wouldn't work as a boot up line earlier.
I did come across an error saying it could not find scriptenforcer.txt in the cfg folder. Odd thing is I have found no such task being needed for scriptenforcer on their wiki. Heck they don't even mention scriptenforcer.txt at all.

I assume the file normally is made automatically. I've looked at the scriptenforcer.txt from Alters (http://pastebin.com/m56c1cfee) which does not hold any information of terrortown. This file itself works like a charm, after that I've copy pasted the info from clientscripts.txt into scriptenforcer.txt and it also works like a charm.

I am however unsure if it blocks everything as on joining I only see a few lua files being blocked. Then again I do have a fresh copy of gmod atm so I'm a tad unsure if it normally should block more.

Lua initialized (Lua 5.1)
ScriptEnforce: "autorun\dod_playermodels.lua" blocked
ScriptEnforce: "autorun\ep2_entities.lua" blocked
ScriptEnforce: "autorun\ep2_npcs.lua" blocked
ScriptEnforce: "autorun\ep2_playermodels.lua" blocked
ScriptEnforce: "autorun\ep2_vehicles.lua" blocked
Registering gamemode 'terrortown' derived from 'base'

Edit*

I've just joined Alters and it blocks the exact same lua files so I assume everything is set up correctly now.
Once again thank you Alters.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 11:21:14 PM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #771 on: October 12, 2009, 12:54:49 AM »

New features are cool, but I feel like the innocents need something to counter it. I was thinking it would be cool if survivors could access advanced body information, in exchange for holding e on the body longer.

Examples of advanced body information are:

[li]
    Time of death.[/li]
    [li]Where the person was hit.[/li]
    [li]Where the person was standing when they died (perhaps show a ghost player model). [/li]
    [li]Trajectory of kill shot, if it was a shot.[/li]
    [li]Weapons they were holding.[/li]

Anyways, just food for thought.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #772 on: October 12, 2009, 01:01:11 AM »

New features are cool, but I feel like the innocents need something to counter it. I was thinking it would be cool if survivors could access advanced body information, in exchange for holding e on the body longer.

Examples of advanced body information are:

Time of death.
Where the person was hit.
Where the person was standing when they died (perhaps show a ghost player model).
Trajectory of kill shot, if it was a shot.
Weapons they were holding.

Anyways, just food for thought.

I like the idea but it seems like way too much work. If tGB could do that it would be cool but even then it might just get in the way and it might lag up the server with all the stored information.

Edit:

I uploaded a TTT map pack. So you can send it to your friends. My friends didn't have the patience to DL all the maps. Link.
I'll update it every after a couple more maps get released.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 01:07:27 AM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #773 on: October 12, 2009, 01:09:12 AM »

1) It isn't that much information and would never lag up the server.
2) With the exception of perhaps where the person was standing, all of those things are fairly straightforward to code, especially for someone of tGB's caliber.

Pestoolio
Poster

« Reply #774 on: October 12, 2009, 01:16:11 AM »

What if innocents had a selection menu at the beginning of the round with two options: one that granted them certain detective-like abilities in regards to examining corpses, and one that gave them a small armor/accuracy boost?
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #775 on: October 12, 2009, 01:22:31 AM »

I don't like that, because it give the innocents the potential to be stronger and better than traitors numerically. The reason for the equipment was so the average joe traitor would be better than the average joe innocent.

darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #776 on: October 12, 2009, 01:27:52 AM »

We just thought about the possibility, to add a randomly chosen innocent with special abilities. Since it's sometimes very boring to be innocent, you now have some sort of objective to protect this person.

One possible variant is a medic, who can defibrillate one dead person with low health, or give medikits to other people. This would also make the flaregun more attractive.
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #777 on: October 12, 2009, 01:51:32 AM »

We don't need something to make the innocents stronger, but something to make them more fun.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Swiftfreddy
Poster

Party bus will reign supreme

« Reply #778 on: October 12, 2009, 01:54:49 AM »

There definately needs to be an innocent buff of some sort. I only play to be a traitor and when I am not I am so close to just quitting.

Pestoolio, they couldn't prove their innocence with it.
1.A traitor may pretend to have an ability.
2.An innocent may pretend to have an ability so others wont try to kill them.
3.They can still get killed.
4.What good is it knowing one person is definately innocent when that person can't be sure of anyone else.

Like Marauder said, if not an ability or buff, something that makes it funner like an objective to achieve.
It is always fun to attempt to call the train on countrytrain or do the objectives on downtown and often leads to some fun situations.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #779 on: October 12, 2009, 03:53:14 AM »

I don't like the idea of special abilities.
Your arguement is invalid.

P.S. A good, if not temporary way to offset the hidden deaths would be to highlight found traitor bodies on the scoreboard. Granted traitors would no longer be able to say "so n so was a traitor" when they weren't, but that's probably for the best (both balance and trust wise).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 04:25:51 AM by Ajunk »

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length