Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:43:18 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1702770 times)
Notary
Poster

United forever for friendship and labour

« Reply #600 on: October 03, 2009, 05:54:13 PM »

Cover them with func_button that is one unit thicker, set don't move flag and parent it to the door.

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #601 on: October 03, 2009, 06:22:01 PM »

Oh cool, thanks notary. Now that I know this infromation you people shoud be expecting my map in about 2 hours!
me
Build Tester

The dumbest name of them all

« Reply #602 on: October 04, 2009, 12:31:35 AM »

I just got picked for traitor 3 times straight in a full server. Is it certain that the extra dice roll has been added?

I think if Sulkdodds and Marphy got into a fight the whole forum would explode.
I bung your mum.
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #603 on: October 04, 2009, 12:33:19 AM »

Just good luck is all.

maybe

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #604 on: October 04, 2009, 01:11:30 AM »

it is a 1/4 chance per round.

It's been a while since I learned chance and probability based math but I think that works out to. . . a %00.39 chance of being picked 4 times in a row on a full server. 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 01:14:14 AM by Qloos »
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #605 on: October 04, 2009, 02:04:34 AM »

No body information changing, tGB?

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention this. The shotgun, in terms of long-range use, needs a little changing. Since the pellets are randomly spread, there is a chance that even from range you can kill someone in one hit. A good example happened just now as I shot at one guy with a shotgun from about 10 meters away, and he turned around and 1-hit killed me from full health with the shotgun (also from 10 meters away) because more pellets than usual hit my melon.

So, just saying, if there was a way to turn off or scale down headshot damage at range with shotgun, it would probably be for the best.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 02:19:37 AM by Ajunk »

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #606 on: October 04, 2009, 02:58:52 AM »

By the way, "Temporary board for the GMod gamemode and its maps". Are we going to be expected to move sometime soon?
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #607 on: October 04, 2009, 03:04:48 AM »

I had some really weird bug today. I was playing for like 30 minutes and then when I spawn I wasn't able to shoot anything. I couldn't use the magneto stick or anything. I made sure the attack keys were bound and they were. I could also still switch people when I was dead. I left the server and rejoin but it didn't help. If might just be a problem I have but I'm not sure. I'll post something if it goes away.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Phill
Poster

« Reply #608 on: October 04, 2009, 03:41:40 AM »

Would it be possible to show what a players last words were when you inspect their body?
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #609 on: October 04, 2009, 06:24:28 AM »

When in spectator mode (Or only as a dead player spectator, I haven't checked the case when you initially join), pressing the jump button will allow you to fly up as normal, but as soon as you let go of the key, you immediately snap back to a particular previous position. I think this is a bug as primary fire and alternate fire are the keys that should be the ones to snap you to any positions.

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #610 on: October 04, 2009, 06:25:39 AM »

Would it be possible to show what a players last words were when you inspect their body?

While I think it would be a great feature, I'm not sure how you could justify it in-game. Perhaps have it scrawled on a piece of paper, or perhaps be the last line of a journal?

Anyways, before I head to bed, I just thought I'd jot down a few things I've been meaning to say for quite some time...
- Would it be possible to add the murder weapon to the events window? I think it's interesting stuff.

- Maybe it's just me, but I feel as if removing the boring awards would be for the best, posting only the rare and interesting things. That way, you could see if nothing significant happened and skip by it, but also know when lots of cool things happened and that's it's totally worth reading. As it stands, people either have to sift through lots of "Some guy killed someone with a something once" every round to find something worth it, or they've just given up on reading them entirely. I realize the latest system orders them according to rarity, but having the size of the awards list represent the amount of cool things totally beats just having something there for the hell of it, at least in my opinion.

- Add a pull-out time for bigger weapons, if possible? Lets you feel a bit safer if someone's gun is away, making holstered worth something (and giving pistols their a unique merit too).

- Pushing someone, even playfully, kind of looks like you might be attacking them with a crowbar. Perhaps make it a holstered or magneto stick feature?

- In the same grain, the crowbar is pretty damn useless, and I think the melee option is kind of unexplored. Perhaps either remove headshot bonus and increase damage to about 25, or create better melee weapons that you can swap to.

Now, personally, I'm an avid C4 enthusiast. I currently like the C4 system, but I'd like to improve on it. Currently I have a few minor woes about the C4. There's only one method of diffusing (brute force) whose success is pretty much luck-based, and the 30 timer and kind of low stakes make running away preferable almost always. In conclusion, the only efficient use is for campers (which is great) and only efficient reaction is running away (which is alright but doesn't properly take advantage of the full potential).

Now I'd never in a million years get rid of the current 30 second cheap n easy bomb, so I thought of 3 possible ideas for expansion:
1) An entirely different bomb with a unique beep and look, higher minimum time, more complex diffusing strategy, and deadlier consequences.

2) Alter the current bomb so that the damage and radius is scaled directly to the timer.

3) Meet in the middle, raising the minimum time to 45 seconds and making diffusing a bit more skill-based and increasing the damage/radius a bit.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Notary
Poster

United forever for friendship and labour

« Reply #611 on: October 04, 2009, 07:31:12 AM »

I have a map idea but I'd be able to make it if there was a specific entity.

Winter time. When a player goes outdoors he starts slowly freezing to death after 20-30 seconds of being there. When he comes back to a warm place his health slowly increasing back. Players have to constantly bring bits of wood to the fireplace in order to keep the place warm. If fireplace runs out of wood a place becomes as dangerous as outside areas. Lots of bits of wood spawn randomly in the map. There are a couple of houses around to stay in.

All I need is a trigger entity that would freeze players. The closest analogue is func_water_analog entity. I want something exactly like this but without all the water stuff.

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #612 on: October 04, 2009, 08:47:01 AM »

I just got picked for traitor 3 times straight in a full server. Is it certain that the extra dice roll has been added?

Yes, and it does work. There are far fewer traitor streaks than there used to be. The fact that it is still possible and does happen is good, to keep everyone on their toes.

No body information changing, tGB?

First time I've heard that idea, but I think I prefer bodies to provide reliable information. If traitors can change it, innocents will never trust a body again, and therefore traitors will have no incentive to hide/destroy them.

Oh, forgot to mention this. The shotgun, in terms of long-range use, needs a little changing. Since the pellets are randomly spread, there is a chance that even from range you can kill someone in one hit. A good example happened just now as I shot at one guy with a shotgun from about 10 meters away, and he turned around and 1-hit killed me from full health with the shotgun (also from 10 meters away) because more pellets than usual hit my melon.

So, just saying, if there was a way to turn off or scale down headshot damage at range with shotgun, it would probably be for the best.

Agreed. Could you give an example of what you consider to be 10 meters away in the game? I'd like to get an idea of how far that was.

By the way, "Temporary board for the GMod gamemode and its maps". Are we going to be expected to move sometime soon?

The internet is fickle, I'm not sure anyone will even be playing this in two months, and if not I will remove the board and put the threads back in offtopic. It's temporary in that sense.

Why? Everyone can see the words when they happen, or check their console if they miss them. It doesn't make a lot of sense to put them on the body either. I just don't see the point of it.

Actually I guess there is a point if you make last words not appear in the chat. However, I don't think I want to hide a rather fun feature away.

When in spectator mode (Or only as a dead player spectator, I haven't checked the case when you initially join), pressing the jump button will allow you to fly up as normal, but as soon as you let go of the key, you immediately snap back to a particular previous position. I think this is a bug as primary fire and alternate fire are the keys that should be the ones to snap you to any positions.

The jump key currently functions as the equivalent of a reset button for spectators. If you're chasecam-ing someone it will unchase, if you're stuck to a ladder you'll get unstuck, etc. The position snapping is most likely due to the chase stuff.

If people actually use the jump key to go up, it would be better to move resetting to a different key. Perhaps crouch.

- Would it be possible to add the murder weapon to the events window? I think it's interesting stuff.

Eh, they're already in there. It says stuff like "A killed B using a deagle".

- Maybe it's just me, but I feel as if removing the boring awards would be for the best, posting only the rare and interesting things.

I'll consider it.

- Add a pull-out time for bigger weapons, if possible? Lets you feel a bit safer if someone's gun is away, making holstered worth something (and giving pistols their a unique merit too).

I think it would feel really artificial to be unable to shoot even though your gun is already clearly on the screen. And that would basically be the only way to do this.

- Pushing someone, even playfully, kind of looks like you might be attacking them with a crowbar. Perhaps make it a holstered or magneto stick feature?

Pushing someone is an aggressive move.

- In the same grain, the crowbar is pretty damn useless, and I think the melee option is kind of unexplored. Perhaps either remove headshot bonus and increase damage to about 25, or create better melee weapons that you can swap to.

The crowbar currently does around 27 damage.

There's only one method of diffusing (brute force) whose success is pretty much luck-based, and the 30 timer and kind of low stakes make running away preferable almost always.

A viable improvement would be a proper mastermind deal with a significantly longer code (eg. 6 digits), and perhaps reveal some numbers by default for short timers. I don't feel like working on this right now though (I mean the current disarm mechanic is days old), but I'll put it on the list.

All I need is a trigger entity that would freeze players. The closest analogue is func_water_analog entity. I want something exactly like this but without all the water stuff.

This would take quite a bit of work, not sure if I want to do that for a single map.
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #613 on: October 04, 2009, 09:03:41 AM »

tGB, coud you add my map to that maplist?
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #614 on: October 04, 2009, 09:15:56 AM »

Removes the need to check the bodies then doesn't it?

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #615 on: October 04, 2009, 12:38:07 PM »

I was wondering why you didn't add a Zm-like win condition for traitors and innocents for maps yet. It might change the gameplay though.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 12:40:59 PM by darkhazz »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #616 on: October 04, 2009, 12:52:18 PM »

I was wondering why you didn't add a Zm-like win condition for traitors and innocents for maps yet. It might change the gameplay though.

It's on my list of possible stuff, but I haven't yet decided if it would be a good idea. Every ZM map has super-involved objectives with stuff to carry from A to B and insert into X while pressing button Y. I'm pretty sure they're more fun/interesting to make for mappers. However, it would be utterly terrible if every TTT map (or even just the majority of them) became an objective based map.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #617 on: October 04, 2009, 02:13:00 PM »

What about a remote c4, that takes 10 seconds to arm before it can be detonated (it still beeps)

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #618 on: October 04, 2009, 02:16:05 PM »

I don't think the idea was ever addressed but I imagined a map that was like the movie Die Hard. You have a series of objectives which require people to split up and do certain actions in a particular order. Stuff like cut the telephone connections, hack the computers, shut down power, break into the safe/discover the code, steal the contents, and finally escape.

All the while the traitors are attempting to take out the people enacting the plan. Half the time things might just go the normal TTT route and the objective never gets done and the map would be designed to accommodate that but at the same time sometimes people work together and try to get it done while fending off the traitors. Could be interesting at least so a win condition entity would be nice for that.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #619 on: October 04, 2009, 02:24:56 PM »

I am fairly sure it would just turn out like that scene from Dark Knight, with everyone killing each other.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length