Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:52:13 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [WIP] ttt_canyon_a4
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: [WIP] ttt_canyon_a4  (Read 33201 times)
ibor10
Poster

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2009, 08:27:45 PM »

It's not there for me, I am guessing you either don't own something or don't have it installed.

it might be from ep 1 or 2, thats the only games i dont have that it could be from.

EDIT i bought EP1 and 2 all the purple textures and the error sign went away.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 04:13:44 AM by ibor10 »
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2009, 12:31:25 AM »

So Jossi are you working on this at all?
Or are you done with it?
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2009, 12:36:50 AM »

I'll get around to it eventually. Just got a few things going on and still have a hard time starting work on this map in particular for some reason.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2009, 12:38:41 AM »

There are a few things you used that are EP 2 content, in case you didn't know I am informing you. The landing pad decal and the generators around the map chief among them.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2009, 10:03:02 PM »

Canyon has been updated.

Visually it's not significantly better but it's a step at least. This is still firmly in alpha territory, I changed things around a bit and I'm not sure how it will affect gameplay. Added some neat stuff for specs though and rearranged the weapons and ammo. Full change log in the first post.

Link: http://www.filefront.com/15135631/ttt_canyon_a3.zip

C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2009, 10:47:00 PM »

Yay! :D Can't wait.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Notary
Poster

United forever for friendship and labour

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2009, 10:57:19 PM »

When you start making cliffs nice make sure you backup and compile a lot to check for problems. When I was working with displacements I had a lot of in-game crashes when reached certain displacements which game somehow considered bugged. I had to either delete them or disable collision with physics objects (it still collides with players though).

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2009, 03:40:01 PM »

so now that my source games are working again, the first thing I did was playing TTT and the first map I played was canyon.

First of, I like the new looks, the brick texture on the one building was a good idea as they are now much easier to distinguish.

The water is also a very nice idea but it lagged horribly on the server yesterday.
I think the problem are floating phys objects so if you reduce the balls inside the pipe (are the supposed to explode? They don't) it might improve.

Oh and also, please block of the pipe, it's really annoying if people camp in there.

Only then did the elves begin to suspect that the dwarves were not bringing any Amontillado.
Pastor
Build Tester

Bewildering Transvestite Wasteland

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2009, 04:11:54 PM »

Oh and also, please block of the pipe, it's really annoying if people camp in there.

Toss fire grenade in, problem solved.

TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2009, 04:42:51 PM »

yeah but if you miss, you got to get one again, and if the water is up this takes a lot of time

Only then did the elves begin to suspect that the dwarves were not bringing any Amontillado.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2009, 04:44:18 PM »

How about remove the rising water idea all together. Doesn't seem to work too well.
But if you must keep it make pockets of air in the rooms underneath the water because once the water is all the way up there's basically no place left to go besides the helipad or near the cave.

www.dnr-gaming.com
JossiRossi
Build Tester

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2009, 04:50:41 PM »

Getting into the tube is fixed, also the water will only be triggered by C4 explosions. The lag issues are more from the ammo rising to the roof and then getting stuck there I believe, that and possibly the floating bodies which I'm not entirely sure how to fix well but I might need to just teleport them to land somewhere. Also I thought of adding air bubbles but beyond the fact that honestly it's absurdly tedious and difficult to do, it'd give people hard to reach camping locations which is something I don't want.

Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2009, 08:17:47 PM »

Ive noticed in spectator that the ammo floating does lag terribly. Its when it starts floating up but its fine after. Ive also noticed that some of the ammo doesn't float. So how about not make it float altogether?

And having to kill most of the server when everyone is at the helipad sucks, because you have nowhere to hide. So i think air pockets would be a good idea. You know, your a traitor, kill someone from the other side of the map, and go hide in a flooded building. Otherwise when you kill someone your stuck to hiding behind the green building or in the caves, other than that theres no cover.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2009, 10:50:55 PM »

Air pockets would add an absurd level of complexity I'm simply not willing to tackle really so that's not going to happen. For the stationary ammo that's out of my control, what happens is ammo starts with motion disabled it seems and then if jostled or something then they have motion and will float. I tried a few things but I don't think I can affect ammo motion. The next version will include drains to lower the water, and the water will be a traitor only action anyway so if it makes it harder to kill then it's their own damn fault.

TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2009, 12:08:50 AM »

uhm, why don't you turn the water into acid? Don't make it instakill, but at the moment water slows gameplay a bit down in my opinion.

that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2009, 12:15:42 AM »

If you turned water into acid it would just take out 4/5 of the map and the only places to go would be the deep inside of the cave where someone could easiliy camp or the helipad and someone will always turn on the water.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2009, 01:55:51 PM »

oh yeah I forgot the cave, maybe lower it a bit so you can't escape the water?

If only traitors where allowed to activate it, it would be a nice speed up for the endgame phase.

that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2009, 02:27:18 PM »

oh yeah I forgot the cave, maybe lower it a bit so you can't escape the water?

If only traitors where allowed to activate it, it would be a nice speed up for the endgame phase.

If traitors were only allowed to activate it then that would be nice.

The acid would have to kill pretty slowly like 1dmg/2sec so traitors would have some viable tactics instead of open firing into the clusterfucked people on the helipad.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2009, 02:33:34 PM »

That's how i imagine it :D

JossiRossi
Build Tester

« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2009, 06:01:24 AM »

ttt_canyon_a4
http://www.filefront.com/15135631/ttt_canyon_a3.zip

Not too many changes, big thing is the water is C4 activated, not button activated so it won't be over used and just start to suck. Might make water automatically be deadly in the future and have it rise slightly less in height, but faster. Input appreciated.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [WIP] ttt_canyon_a4 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length