Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:47:46 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [WIP] TTT_iceworld
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: [WIP] TTT_iceworld  (Read 30543 times)
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2009, 04:26:22 PM »

Wait wait wait, you mean people bitched and moaned about the idea for Zombie Master for years, and now tGB just goes 'LOL' and it's server-side?

Kinda, theres a reason for it tho. I think its for a new feature that tGB might add. It's a feature where innocents must find out who has died by checking the body. So if you hide the body no-one will find out that the person whos body it is has died.
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2009, 04:39:31 PM »

Wait wait wait, you mean people bitched and moaned about the idea for Zombie Master for years, and now tGB just goes 'LOL' and it's server-side?

Yup.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2009, 06:38:15 PM »

Well, Gmod makes server side ragdolls much easier.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Barbalute
Global Moderator

build test this

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2009, 11:10:05 PM »

Also, the max number of ragdolls is the number of players, whereas doing the same with zombies in ZM would result in a huge number.

Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2009, 02:51:19 PM »

Just letting you guys know that I have not stopped working on this map even though there has not been any sreenshots for a while.
Im currently working on the underwater base.

[font=Verdana]Edit:[/font] I just found out notary was making a map allmost identical to this, the bad thing is its like thousand times better! I don't know if can I find the inspiration to keep on making this map beacause I dont think no-one woud play it even if I relased it. And I just dont want to make a bad replica out of something good.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 02:04:46 PM by Finparasite »
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2009, 02:19:59 AM »

The map looks quite different, your map is still worth finishing and releasing in my opinion.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2009, 04:41:50 AM »

Just letting you guys know that I have not stopped working on this map even though there has not been any sreenshots for a while.
Im currently working on the underwater base.

[font=Verdana]Edit:[/font] I just found out notary was making a map allmost identical to this, the bad thing is its like thousand times better! I don't know if can I find the inspiration to keep on making this map beacause I dont think no-one woud play it even if I relased it. And I just dont want to make a bad replica out of something good.

We have like four maps, the more the better I say.

Please finish : (

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2009, 07:20:27 AM »

This map is different, notarys has a kill all method.... yours is classic TTT style.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2009, 11:38:10 AM »

Thanks, I guess. I played notarys map and im happy to say that after looking at it more its not very mutch like mine. I think i shoud play the map before I come to conlusion!
Since I have no better things to do I think I will finish this anyway!
I also have another idea for other TTT map! I think I will start working on it once I am done with this!
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2009, 11:52:06 AM »

An office block?

my god
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2009, 12:00:22 PM »

An office block?

Not realy, even though that sounds like a cool idea too. I was thinking of this appartment block whit all appartments acessable and an inner court.
Think of the place in the beginning of hl2, the place whit the two guys talking about CPs not comming to check their building.
This was the only screeny I coud find: http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/566/566240/d1_trainstation_020015_1100551028.jpg
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2009, 12:24:50 PM »

That's what I meant :P

my god
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2009, 01:14:36 PM »

That's what I meant :P

Oh ok!
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2009, 04:59:31 PM »

Bump
Ok guys! The map is ready! I just need to compile it once more!    Thats the problem....
I dunno why but when I tried to compile the map today it compiled just like normal, expect it took like insanely long time! I left it to compile, after 4 and a half hours I come back and the portal flow is in 9...
After two hours its still stuck there. That is the point where I quit. My map is not that big that it woud take more than 7 hours to compile!
I think it might have something to do whit the ammount of brushes I have. When I was making the underwater base I made some mistakes, I cutted the ice into many pieces. I also made a hole in the water, that made the water go into pieces.
Any tips how to fix this?
P.S Im gonna leave it to compile tonight when I go to sleep. We will see how its gonna turn out.

EDIT. What the hell! I wake up today and guess what? It's still stuck at 9... portal flow! God this pisses me of! 
I even grouped up all the ice brushes and it still did not work!
Im kinda desperate, coud anyone please help me! Right now it seems no-one gives a shit!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 04:35:06 AM by Finparasite »
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2009, 11:40:17 AM »

Sorry for tripleposting but no-one seems to pay any attention to this thread! Coud someone please help me!

Heres some sreenshots taken in hammer:

(Ingore the errors.)

I dont know why you aren't helping me or even caring to post! Mayby you are too busy posting in you "Goodby rot!! <3<3<3<3<3" threads. :/
goatfetus
Poster

Righting wrongs through penetration

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2009, 12:32:03 PM »

Sounds like you got some optimizing to do. It probably has something to do with the underwater area you mentioned.

Remember Remember the 10 of December
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2009, 12:44:43 PM »

Post help in the custom content section? That's where the mappers seem to hang out.

my god
OneTooManyZombies
Build Tester

« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2009, 02:21:22 PM »

I dont know why you aren't helping me or even caring to post! Mayby you are too busy posting in you "Goodby rot!! <3<3<3<3<3" threads. :/
Most people don't visit map threads much - most people (and most likely mappers) won't visit simply just because of the name of the map alone.

it's like when you press on a calculator screen and it turns purple
trust me I know my shit
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2009, 02:39:04 PM »

Most people don't visit map threads much - most people (and most likely mappers) won't visit simply just because of the name of the map alone.

Do you think the map's name is that bad?!
OneTooManyZombies
Build Tester

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2009, 03:21:45 PM »

I was going to say no, but then I realised the answer is pretty much yes.

Sounds like one of those shit CSS GG maps.

EDIT: Eitherway, please post in the mapping Q&A thread.

it's like when you press on a calculator screen and it turns purple
trust me I know my shit
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [WIP] TTT_iceworld « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length