Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:10:30 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [WIP] TTT_iceworld
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: [WIP] TTT_iceworld  (Read 30518 times)
zombie_hamster
King Beautiful

Professional christmas

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 02:39:19 AM »

Your door is rather blurry sir.

This is a pg13 forum
I won't explain anymore, but marauder was right. it isn't a door.

words are nice
actions are good too but they're nicer if words inspire them
www.cleanbreath.org
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 02:04:52 PM »

Ok guys, update!
Removed some parts created new places added props improved lighting ect.

Also, I gave up about the submarine thing. There will not be a boat unless someone of you convinces me that its worth it to
do it.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 02:06:08 PM by Finparasite »
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 02:07:10 PM »

Can we have the Hl2 lost coat boat in there somewhere?
And some stuff outside to hide behind.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 02:13:53 PM »

Can we have the Hl2 lost coat boat in there somewhere?
And some stuff outside to hide behind.

Yea, I was thinking of adding a boat prop there. Meaby adding a way to get to it too, like a bridge.
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 03:02:48 PM »

You know why all that snow is red, it's the exit from my sewer system, and I'm constantly flushing dead bodies down my giant toilet.

That's a river already, a waterfall with Iron under it which makes the wate red. I call it Menstrual Mountain

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Username Exists
Poster

European Wunderkind

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2009, 03:21:12 PM »

You aren't you an experienced mapper, are you?. This map is a solid start but you should change a lot of things.
Especially the textures and architecture of your structures. Moreover the lightning and the whole look of your map.

I know this may sound hard but you should abandon this map and start all over again. Try custom textures, don't try to imitate HL2 interior design, don't make everything so angular (todays PCs have more horsepower), watch carefully how textures end so that it doesn't look like they are cut off, invest more time in lightning. You should draw your map on a piece of paper and work it out before you start building it.

You are on a good way mate. Keep it up.

Hail Kiwiâ„¢ and the United States of America! Sausages suck and Burgers rock!
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2009, 03:46:38 PM »

You aren't you an experienced mapper, are you?. This map is a solid start but you should change a lot of things.
Especially the textures and architecture of your structures. Moreover the lightning and the whole look of your map.

I know this may sound hard but you should abandon this map and start all over again. Try custom textures, don't try to imitate HL2 interior design, don't make everything so angular (todays PCs have more horsepower), watch carefully how textures end so that it doesn't look like they are cut off, invest more time in lightning. You should draw your map on a piece of paper and work it out before you start building it.

You are on a good way mate. Keep it up.

Thanks! Anyways, Im not exatly a pro mapper. I have not relased even one of my maps, I just loose the intrest in them. However I have used hammer for about two and a half years now so Im not really a noob mapper.

About the angual structures, I know I have a little to mutch cubeism on my map but thats a way I got used to map and that has been the way I've been mapping. I will however make the map ALOT less blocky. (Remember this is a WIP, a very early one.)

Last thing, custom textures. Iv'e been trying to make alot custom textures in the past but they all just fail. Not beacause they looked so horrible but beacause I coud not get them work.  I think I messed up with the folders or something. Kinda weird because I tried like 5 times and it never worked. I used this tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbEGj8kCLx4

Anyways, Im not gonna start the map from sratch, Im gonna improve it and follow any sugestions you guys might have.
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2009, 05:53:14 PM »

Woohoo! I followed another tutorial and I got the custom textures working! You are gonna see some brand new ice textures in those sreenshots very soon!

muffin man XD
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2009, 05:58:46 PM »

I dunno. The thing about custom textures is that they keep repeating badly... Plus those tiles have reflections painted onto them which kinda looks weird.
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2009, 06:09:48 PM »

I dunno. The thing about custom textures is that they keep repeating badly... Plus those tiles have reflections painted onto them which kinda looks weird.

I know, Im not gonna use those those tiles, I was just testing with them.
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2009, 09:32:11 PM »

Hay look I made the textures go all blendy blendy!
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2009, 12:13:24 AM »

heh, that looks pretty cool.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
Pestoolio
Poster

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2009, 12:53:40 AM »

Also, I gave up about the submarine thing. There will not be a boat unless someone of you convinces me that its worth it to
do it.

Yeah, a moving boat is a bad idea- however, a shipwreck that is only accessible via iceblock hopping would be neat.
Tyrant T100
Poster

The State sees all!

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2009, 06:40:00 AM »

Hay look I made the textures go all blendy blendy!

Just make sure you pack the textures into the .bsp properly.
And yeah don't start over I actually really like the maps design, but dim the interior lights, sunlight adds a lot more to the feel of the map.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TyrantGrandburnin
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2009, 11:45:34 AM »

Ummm... I need to know one thing. Do you guys want me to add css models/textures into this map?
I don't think they are necensary beacause I can just make my own textures and some people might not have css.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2009, 03:01:38 PM »

You need to make it so players can destroy and fix the generators. That way, if anybody holes up in the underground base or something, you can cut power and make one or two of them come out and ambush them. Also, I can totally imagine a group in the base hiding and the traitors start putting dead bodies in elevators and sending them down and up, then cutting power.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
catbarf
Poster

Volcano junkie.

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2009, 03:44:09 PM »

Also, I can totally imagine a group in the base hiding and the traitors start putting dead bodies in elevators and sending them down and up, then cutting power.

Unfortunately, ragdolls are client-side, so that can't happen.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2009, 04:04:16 PM »

...what?

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2009, 04:05:41 PM »

You are wrong, tGB made ragdolls server-side in the latest update. That means you can also drag them whit the mangeto stick. Isn't that just awsome!

Edit: Haha, I got preposted!
catbarf
Poster

Volcano junkie.

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2009, 04:13:05 PM »

You are wrong, tGB made ragdolls server-side in the latest update. That means you can also drag them whit the mangeto stick. Isn't that just awsome!

Wait wait wait, you mean people bitched and moaned about the idea for Zombie Master for years, and now tGB just goes 'LOL' and it's server-side?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [WIP] TTT_iceworld « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length