Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:21:01 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: About adding maps and console commands
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: About adding maps and console commands  (Read 29115 times)
Terrorist
Poster

« on: February 21, 2012, 09:07:08 PM »

Hhello, I have some doubts when it comes to being the host of a small temporary server (and with temporary I mean that I create it by pressing new game > start multiplayer)

Frst, i want to know a list of useful console ommands. The only command I know right now is "kick X". Maybe some commands to activate fun stuff, like giving me the ability to fly or something like that.

And second I want to add maps to the vote-a-map list.

Thanks!
BipolarDiZ
Poster

|:NxS:| Staff! :D

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 08:14:22 AM »

Not 100% sure about localhosts in gmod but here i go.

Most fun commands are linked to admon mods such as ULX, assmod, sourcemod and so on. You would have to install one to get those commands.
If you did want to noclip and you trust everyone in the game, you could enable sv_cheats and this allows that but it allows for cheats as the name suggests. There is no command to just noclip without enabling that or dling one of the admin mods I specified.

A bunch of good TTT commands can be found here: http://ttt.badking.net/config-and-commands/commands

When it comes to adding maps I would assume it works off of your own maps directory seeing as it is hosted from within your gmod. I would try adding maps to your own maps folder and see if that works.

If all else fails I strongly recommend a dedicated server because it allows for much more convenience and what not. These can be installed on your personal computer and there are good guides for set up all over google.

BipolarDiZ is bipolar.
|:NxS:| Custom TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27015
|:NxS:| Vanilla TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Fretta: currently offline
Terrorist
Poster

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 08:47:55 PM »

Thank you!
By the way, I just found out that some maps (like dm_richland) come with a .txt that shows the location of some weapons. Where do I have to put it? Because every time I play one of those maps the map has no weapons.

Thanks again.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 08:53:38 PM »

You would pace it in the map folder along with the map its self, for it to work they need to be called for example dm_richland_ttt.txt replacing ofc dm_richland with the name of the map.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Terrorist
Poster

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 09:14:31 PM »

wait wait wait.
not sure if i understand.
for example, dm_richland. I have this on my map folder:
dm_richland.bsp
dm_richland_ttt.txt
And when I try to play TTT there are no weapons or they are fucked up HL2 weapons.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 09:19:06 PM »

Did you actually start a TTT round? because HL2 weapons is what they will look like unless you start a round (add a bot to get the minimum players)

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Terrorist
Poster

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 09:35:36 PM »

Yes, I started a round and this is what I've got on the console:

Weapon/ammo placement script found, attempting import...
Reading settings from script...
Timer Error: [@lua\includes\extensions\string.lua:34] bad argument #1 to 'string_gmatch' (string expected, got nil)

I don't know what It means. Maybe my version of dm_richland is fucked up, do you know where I could download a good one?
BipolarDiZ
Poster

|:NxS:| Staff! :D

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 11:13:42 PM »

The issue here is that garry's mod has the wrong TTT version shipped with it. It has v27 which the ent_replace.lua is fuxed. So weapons wont spawn unless it is on a dedi that you can update to v28 manually.

This has a link to the same issue http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=11375.0

BipolarDiZ is bipolar.
|:NxS:| Custom TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27015
|:NxS:| Vanilla TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Fretta: currently offline
Terrorist
Poster

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 04:41:34 AM »

Thanks. I downloaded that and extracted the gamemode content con the gamemode folder (wich by the way was empty) and still the exact same problem. I'm guessing I don't really know how to install it. Can you help me with that?

Thanks!
Terrorist
Poster

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 01:03:15 AM »

(bump)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 08:21:08 AM »

If you're using the in-game "start multiplayer" option, you can't upgrade TTT, because gmod will always load the version that's in your gmod .GCF files. It's very annoying.

What you could try is renaming your /garrysmod/gamemodes/terrortown directory to something like "terrortown_v28". When starting a server, you then have to pick that same name as the gamemode.
Terrorist
Poster

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 11:30:29 PM »

Thanks! It worked, the only problem is that since both gamemodes are called terrortown we have issues selecting a new gamemode when the rounds end. We just have to guess wich one is v28.
Also, how do I change the number of players needed for X traitors? We barely manage to get 8 players for 2 traitors, so we would like to have 6 players for 2 traitors.

Thanks again.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 03:09:22 AM »

'ttt_traitor_pct .34'
That will give you 2 traitors for 6 players.
First cvar here: http://ttt.badking.net/config-and-commands/convars#TOC-Traitor-and-Detective-counts
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 07:04:13 PM »

In /gamemodes/terrortown_v28/ there is a file called "info.txt". If you open it, it should be fairly obvious how you can change the name. I believe that is where the voting screen loads it from.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: About adding maps and console commands « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length