Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:07:11 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Gamemode is considerably broken
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gamemode is considerably broken  (Read 10430 times)
John_Pirus
Poster

« on: January 25, 2012, 10:02:34 AM »

Well it was fun for about 100 games but once you find out people are being banned for killing a suspected traitor because they saw them in a bathroom hanging up a body. Then they cry to admins that they were rdm even though they actually was a traitor.

What did the traitor expect him to do say he is acting suspicious then get killed? Now he says he was just called suspicious no proof that he is a traitor at all cause if you kill him on a suspicious call it is still rdm. Some guy called out kos on some guy cause he saw him kill someone so the guy calls in an admin and has him banned for rdm since there was no dna or evidence.

Now when you find 2 people shooting at each other you actually have to wait till they kill one another and if the guy that is left shoots at you, THEN you can kill him.

Negatives of the gamemode is gun handling is shit, it seems like these guys were taught by mental health patients rather than actual military training so most of my kills as traitor is running right up to the back of peoples head and spraying. Its ok you cannot shoot me for running up to you point blank with a shotgun kk thats rdm im safe.

Detectives i find are just not that useful they are always body baited or watch them get killed from a distance while they were using binocs... So if they are not scanning bodies they are almost useless. Then when they do finally scan a body they do not tell people who was on the dna they would just kill the guys themselves. Basically making the traitors scream out rdm constantly. Should make it if detective finds dna he automatically sends out a radio message to everyone to prove it was dna.

When you are an innocent the game is booring as shit you basically just socialize until stuff starts happening or run around looking for traitors/dead bodies.

Also the game makes you paranoid so much so that one time i killed a guy walking out of a bloody room almost dead with a shotgun so i killed him before he could kill me turns out he was innocent. There needs to be some kind of bar above a guys head if he killed a traitor or 2. Hell make is so if a traitor kills another traitor he gets the bar above his head as well just for more traitor acts if you want.

Meh maybe just ignore this i am just tired and pissed cause i am sick of people bitching about rdm to admins that just got the job 2 days ago.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »

-snip
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:11:47 PM by Mr. Gash »
Tannerbondy
ZM2 Developer

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 10:36:22 AM »

Sounds like the fault lies with the people you play with.
John_Pirus
Poster

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 10:44:10 AM »

Probably but every server so far is the same rdm stuff very strict. Thanks for your comment as well Mr.Gash i was not aware these forums were so friendly!

Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 01:17:40 PM »

Yeah, as we've found out Gmod is full of 12 year olds
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 01:32:03 PM »

If you don't want strict servers then start your own, don't complain that the gamemode is broken when it is in reality the servers you play on/ people you play with.

Additionally if you actually own a server and have to admin it you will quickly loose patience like the rest of us for the RDMers (not saying things you describe happen in all servers) for example most admins wouldn't pay attention to another players complaints and act on them without evidence but as i said "Some servers" will do such things.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
John_Pirus
Poster

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 07:29:04 PM »

Handy man good idea but i am pretty sure my own server will turn into the others within time. Maybe tweak this karma system a bit? I accidentally killed about 5 people 1 round and my karma barely even changed. So that means i basically have to go in killing people like it is a death match for about 5 rounds just to see any kind of real movement to karma, hell i will be banned by then so just take karma out if it is so useless.
sniperduck
Poster

|:NxS:| Staff! :D

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 07:52:32 PM »

Handy man good idea but i am pretty sure my own server will turn into the others within time. Maybe tweak this karma system a bit? I accidentally killed about 5 people 1 round and my karma barely even changed. So that means i basically have to go in killing people like it is a death match for about 5 rounds just to see any kind of real movement to karma, hell i will be banned by then so just take karma out if it is so useless.

Karma has todo with damage amongst other things so just finishing someone off wont drop your karma.

ie 3 kills = 700 karma -- give or take 15 karma

Overtime these forums have made me an asshole. ;D (TTT subforum)
|:NxS:| Custom TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Vanilla TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Fretta: <COMING SOON>
John_Pirus
Poster

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 07:58:27 PM »

Karma has todo with damage amongst other things so just finishing someone off wont drop your karma.

ie 3 kills = 700 karma -- give or take 15 karma

Wow really can servers have custom karma levels cause i swear it is like 5 karma per kill. I need to get on one of these servers that is nice for people to drop 700 for 3 kills.
nrich588
Poster

WzG Owner

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 11:27:58 PM »

How can you kill five people 'accidentally'?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 06:55:20 PM »

There are a ton of karma settings (cvars) that servers can change to make it more strict or less so.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Gamemode is considerably broken « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length