Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:52:17 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: A Humble Suggestion
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Humble Suggestion  (Read 9556 times)
Ace Rimmer
Poster

« on: November 15, 2011, 08:05:49 AM »

Ok, here it is.

The basis behind my idea is that, let's face it, being innocent can get a little boring, especially if you end up getting chosen as innocent many times in a row.

My idea is that, in addition to being chosen as Innocent/Detective/Traitor, you get assigned a role. Some of these roles could be things like scientist, cook, gunsmith, doctor, security guard etc.
Each role gives you something to do to help your team instead of just (as innocent for example) sitting around and waiting for someone to kill someone else so you can start trying to kill them.

For example, if you were chosen as an innocent doctor, you can (you guessed it) heal people. However if you were a traitorous doctor, you could heal only your fellow traitors. Or you could trick innocents into thinking you're going to heal them, when you're actually going to give them a lethal injection.

Or if you were a scientist, you could do things like create explosives or headcrabs that are loyal to their creator. A chef could make food that gives temporary powerups like increased speed or resistance to fire, OR he could poison the food. A security guard would have a stunstick and a weapon searcher, with limited use of course to give traitors a chance.

You won't be able to magically conjure food out of nowhere if you became a cook, for instance. Perhaps a system where certain combinations of ammo and guns can be combined to make food would be a good idea? Or maybe we could just stick with the tried-and-true equipment credits method.

You could say that this might make TTT a bit RP-like, but that could easily be avoided by making sure that the abilities of each role have a unique purpose in helping your team, rather than just giving you some shit to fuck around with when you're bored.

So that's my idea, be critical of it, just don't directly insult me because of it.
Emo Panda
Poster

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 10:28:24 AM »

Sorry but your RP thread is in another forum.
BipolarDiZ
Poster

|:NxS:| Staff! :D

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 10:50:45 AM »

To be honest, I feel this is another gamemode entirely and is not how TTT should ever be thought of. What you have described is a rp/stalker thing. Sub classes wouldn't work in TTT. The dynamic of the game would be completely different and for the worse in my opinion.

BipolarDiZ is bipolar.
|:NxS:| Custom TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27015
|:NxS:| Vanilla TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Fretta: currently offline
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 11:31:17 AM »

If you are bored of being an innocent sitting and waiting why not go out and do some detective work as an innocent?

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 02:25:36 PM »

I never get bored when Im innocent. I always find something to do.
But this would completely change everything. It wouldnt be TTT at all anymore. I think it would be a pretty cool seperate gamemode though.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 01:38:35 PM »

It almost never ends good when an innocent plays detective... Half the innocents seem to somehow die in the process.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
WSW
Poster

Something Old, Something New

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 02:39:53 PM »

It almost never ends good when an innocent plays detective... Half the innocents seem to somehow die in the process.

Then the said innocent shouldn't try to be detective.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 09:23:52 PM »

Innos are supposed to be playing detective.  They just don't have the extra equipment.

OP, I think you might want to check out Epic Mafia.  It's not an FPS, but it has a bunch of roles.  In the good setups, it requires a lot of thinking.  TTT is more dependent on reflexes; EM is more dependent on scum hunting and mechanics.
Flaming Monkey
Poster

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 10:02:02 PM »

Commisars are never wrong.

link=topic=4658.msg385943#msg385943 date=1277847751]
And I Marauder. Me scared big bright in sky, it make hot.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 08:48:19 AM »

My favorite way is to arbitrarily kill someone, then see if you can bullshit your way out of a ban. Makes the game very interesting. (Only joking)
Shifty Pete
Poster

Shifty_Pete.exe

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 08:55:37 AM »

I know Rectal Exambot, He's not joking.  :S

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/shifty_pete
LtZKilla
Poster

punchpunchpunch

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 08:24:22 AM »

Interestingly enough, that usually gives the official detectives something to do :)

Think of innocents as regular street cops, and detectives as.....detectives. As a cop/inno, it's your job to hunt for bodies and things killers have left lying about to refer the detectives to, while also hunting for the killer him/herself. It's nobodies faut but your own if you dont find something to as inno.

You probably liked the healing balustrates, didn't you?
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: A Humble Suggestion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length