Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:06:11 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Community SWeps
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Community SWeps  (Read 6366 times)
nrich588
Poster

WzG Owner

« on: September 19, 2011, 10:06:18 PM »

Since the last one was a fake, I guess I'll give it a go.

I think all lua coders will to make their work public should contribute to this project.

Our goal is to make it so you do not have to learn lua to run a decent custom server.

CURRENTS SWeps

SG552
Jihad Bomb
PumpShotty
(Non working) Pain Station
MP5
P90
Galil
A few weapons by other authors (waiting approval.)

I know this is very informal but, a lot of servers want custom weapons but have neither time nor motivation to make SWeps.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:32:36 PM by nrich588 »
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 05:05:38 AM »

strong>Since the last one was a fake, I guess I'll give it a go.

I think all lua coders will to make their work public should contribute to this project.

Our goal is to make it so you do not have to learn lua to run a decent custom server.

CURRENTS SWeps

SG552
Jihad Bomb
PumpShotty
(Non working) Pain Station
MP5
P90
Galil
A few weapons by other authors (waiting approval.)

I know this is very informal but, a lot of servers want custom weapons but have neither time nor motivation to make SWeps.

Seriously? This is your main argument? "I think we should merge the creations of modders, because quite frankly, we're lazy." You will need to put in effort to get something out, and if all the servers are running the same SWEPs it would be boring.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 05:08:13 AM by Rectal Exambot »
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 09:14:43 PM »

Seriously? This is your main argument? "I think we should merge the creations of modders, because quite frankly, we're lazy." You will need to put in effort to get something out, and if all the servers are running the same SWEPs it would be boring.

I don't think that's the point.  I think he merely wants to have lots of custom SWEPs available (not that they need to be added), and one of the main reasons for this is so that server owners have more examples (for TTT in particular) to look at when learning how to make SWEPs.
Kiwiâ„¢
Build Tester

Trendy and Dry

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 12:07:27 AM »

That's a good joke, server owners who actually will just study it and make their own instead of just nicking it.

Worbat: You killing me constantly was so frustrating, I quit in disgust.

[16:47] Jeff: British is not an ancestry. Britain is an accident of noble marriages, pregnancies, and deaths.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 02:20:47 PM »

That's a good joke, server owners who actually will just study it and make their own instead of just nicking it.

Considering I have actually done what I am describing in the past, it obviously does happen.
nrich588
Poster

WzG Owner

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 08:59:59 PM »

I honestly don't like lua coding, running server, and coding a site. I don't wish it upon anyone else either.
BipolarDiZ
Poster

|:NxS:| Staff! :D

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 01:55:01 AM »

Ehh personally I see no reason to make a pack of weapons for ppl to "study." In most cases they will just use them. I recommend for new coders to port weps from toybox. Its not hard and there are many examples of custom weapons already for them to work off of. Just having a pack available makes it easier but mainly the only people who benefit are the ones who don't want to lua code. As you said Gray, I learned some lua off others weps but in reality most don't want to learn.

BipolarDiZ is bipolar.
|:NxS:| Custom TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27015
|:NxS:| Vanilla TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Fretta: currently offline
nrich588
Poster

WzG Owner

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 07:57:16 PM »

Why make them reinvent the fucking wheel and waste time. If you do not want to be a nice person and help then don't put your 2 cents here. Not everyone has the luxury of time.
craigape
Poster

Texturer, Mapper

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 08:17:25 PM »

I like the idea, wish I had enough lua knowledge to actually make weapons, but if you need any ideas for weapons, I could probably come up with a list. XD

I texture, bumpmap, map, rarely code, and I'm trying to get the hang of modeling.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 09:04:46 PM »

Evidently I misinterpreted what he was getting at.
SovietX
Poster

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 04:30:19 PM »

I think this is a cool idea but, anybody with just the slightest bit of LUA experience could do these. I'm just saying :S I do love the fact that you are stepping up and trying to help the community thou  :P

Be the best by any means necessary
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Community SWeps « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length