Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:47:52 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: No game mode and maps not downloading.
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: No game mode and maps not downloading.  (Read 9621 times)
Leav83
Poster

« on: September 07, 2011, 05:54:11 AM »

Hey. I'm getting the infamous no gamemode error. I've reinstalled Gmod 3 times and reinstall HL2, CSS
GamemodeError(PostRenderVGUI): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Think): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Tick): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(DrawMonitors): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(RenderScreenspaceEffects): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(FinishChat): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(ShutDown): No Gamemode!

etc. console spam.

I am so f***ing sick of this it has been happening for nearly 2 and a half weeks, I emailed garry and he hasn't answered because all he cares about is money.

Will someone help?
Also another problem i'm having is maps not downloading, so in order to me to even play TTT I have to manually download the map.
Yes I have it set to download custom stuff.
I tried veryfing cache and defragging it or what ever and nothing worked.

extra info: I'm on Win7 x86. This started happening randomly. When ever I join a server on TTT it says Lua cache couldn't load - Server is misconfigured. I can play TTT perfectly fine in my own server and SOME (0.01%) of gmod servers hosting TTT.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 05:57:23 AM by Leav83 »
Leav83
Poster

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 05:17:13 PM »

bump  >:(
Cush
Poster

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 05:30:13 PM »

You sure cl_allowdownload is set to 1?

Also do you have anything which might block FTP/HTTP protocols? (Firewall, Peerblock etc)
Leav83
Poster

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 06:14:32 PM »

Yes it is set.
Yes the firewall is not a problem because this started happening randomly.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 07:00:11 PM »

So to get this right you as a client can not download anything from gmod such as TTT cache files and maps etc, are you certain that the server has a fastdl setup and working? do you have access to your router firewall perhaps something there?

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Leav83
Poster

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 12:25:05 AM »

So to get this right you as a client can not download anything from gmod such as TTT cache files and maps etc, are you certain that the server has a fastdl setup and working? do you have access to your router firewall perhaps something there?
Yes. It works. This randomly started happening but the main issues is TTT errors.
Leav83
Poster

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 05:37:22 AM »

bump  :tear:
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 01:47:35 PM »

Well what can we say if its an issue with the client its and issue with the client and that could be a whole host of things fucking around with your system not allowing/ breaking things for you, i doubt its something we can help with i would start checking for malware or other programs that are effecting internet to see if they are causing a problem, if it just started randomly something changed on your end as no one else can say they have similar problems.

So its all down to something you have wrong in your system be it your computer, your network, your software, parental controls, your ISP throttling / blocking (unlikely) but i don't think you can get any help here as its a client issue nothing to do with a server of the TTT game mode. (from what you have told us)

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Leav83
Poster

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 09:00:25 PM »

Well what can we say if its an issue with the client its and issue with the client and that could be a whole host of things fucking around with your system not allowing/ breaking things for you, i doubt its something we can help with i would start checking for malware or other programs that are effecting internet to see if they are causing a problem, if it just started randomly something changed on your end as no one else can say they have similar problems.

So its all down to something you have wrong in your system be it your computer, your network, your software, parental controls, your ISP throttling / blocking (unlikely) but i don't think you can get any help here as its a client issue nothing to do with a server of the TTT game mode. (from what you have told us)

How can I check if its my ISP?
Im the only one who uses this PC and its highly unlikely I have parental controls, Also I have avast so viruses are highly unlikely, Already did a scan and everything seems fine
Also: if it matters, TF2 replays and maps won't download ether - Are they linked?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:15:22 PM by Leav83 »
Leav83
Poster

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 01:35:02 AM »

Bump. :shh:
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 03:17:39 AM »

Bump. :shh:

You don't need to bump this topic when people aren't posting. If someone knows of a solution, they will inform you of it.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 03:29:56 PM »

Yeah its a client issue troubleshooting is a process which requires knowledge of your setup and assuming you have the knowledge to actually go through with it and find an issue is allot of possible work, i still stand that its likely a software issue as if it was hardware you would likely see more problems with other services.

First bet would be firewall as already stated in this thread you have checked on that and made sure its not, how about disable all firewalls anti-virus software etc then try (best way to trouble shoot is finding your issue and this is well quick) if its still failing after no possible interaction from your firewall and anti-virus (they usually have some firewalls stuff built in) then move onto other firewalls such as your routers looking specifically at port issues perhaps?

If all else fails i would get annoyed and probably wipe my gmod and all downloads from it (move/ wipe them) test again see if you have any go with that either and i would basically systematically start with the easy stuff and work my way down to the harder stuff to re-install / deal with until i found the issue but no one here can do that for you, need to do it for yourself.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Leav83
Poster

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 02:46:15 AM »

Phenom II X4 965(3.4GHz) 8GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity ATI Radeon HD 5770 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

my specs
Leav83
Poster

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 08:23:57 PM »

bump.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 08:52:05 PM »

ump.

You were already one of the first topics on the front page.  It's not like the TTT forums are active enough to warrant this.  Anyways, you haven't provided any more information about your setup really; your specs most likely have nothing to do with this.  I think you've been helped as much as we can help you relative to the information you've posted.  I doubt anyone is holding a solution back from you.
Leav83
Poster

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 07:54:27 PM »

well thanks
ScopeTCR
Poster

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 02:14:58 AM »

make sure all your fast dls are up to date
you need:

Maps
Materials
Models
Resource
Cache

All those files in the current fast dl directly from your server
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 02:25:41 AM »

make sure all your fast dls are up to date
you need:

Maps
Materials
Models
Resource
Cache

All those files in the current fast dl directly from your server

his issue wasn't anything with his server it was him not being able to download from any TTT server for a cache file (from what i could gather)

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: No game mode and maps not downloading. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length